Milling since 1865 Smyths Daleside are the leading manufacturer of animal feed in the Northwest of Ireland. For over 155 years, we have been making the highest quality feeds with the aim of exceeding our customers’ expectations. We now wish to recruit for the following position at our Ballindrait mill.
Job Ref No: SD/FMT/09/22
The successful candidate will be involved in providing preventative maintenance and process improvements of automated machinery to maximise production efficiency, assist with ongoing upgrades of the plant and maintaining mill hygiene standards.
• At least 3 years previous relevant experience;
• Experience in undertaking fault finding analysis;
• The ability to undertake mechanical tasks including welding and fabrication;
• Knowledge and working experience of pneumatic and hydraulic systems;
• Ideally have experience using a Computerised Maintenance Management System and good IT skills;
• Ideally have an engineering or mechanical qualification or equivalent;
• Experience of working in the animal feed milling industry would be an advantage.
Applicants should be self-motivated with excellent communication, organisational and team working skills. Hours of work are 8:00am – 4:30pm Monday – Thursday and 8:00am – 3:30pm – Friday. Availability for call outs required on a rotating basis.
There will also be a requirement to work outside normal work pattern hours should it be necessary.
To apply please forward a current CV and cover letter to the HR Manager, Smyths Daleside, Ballindrait, Lifford, Co Donegal, F93 K447 or email email@example.com
Closing date for receipt of CVs is 5.00pm on Friday 28th October 2022
Smyths Daleside is an equal opportunities employer