Job Vacancy: Magee Weaving Ltd is expanding its team in Donegal with a vacancy for a General Operative.
Magee is a fifth-generation Irish family business with over 150 years’ experience designing, weaving and tailoring luxury fabrics and high-quality garments. The Company is multi-faceted and includes manufacturing, wholesale, retail and e-commerce.
We offer lifestyle collections across Men, Women, Home & Accessories via our stores in Donegal and Dublin, through many independent retailers and from our own website. The Magee Weaving Mill, based in Donegal Town, is steeped in history and tradition but with an eye firmly on the future.
We wish to recruit a General Operative whose primary objective will be to learn how to operate a variety of machines in the Mill, producing luxurious and exciting fabrics which are used for core Magee clothing collections and are sold to top design houses around the world.
- Some knowledge of production machinery and an interest in mechanics would be useful.
- A good eye for colour and pattern.
- A quick learner who will be able to operate and maintain weaving machinery competently after training.
- Previous experience of working in a mill environment, whilst not essential, would be a definite advantage.
- Some driving tasks so a full clean driving licence is essential.
A competitive salary is on offer, together with a staff discount scheme, free parking plus a generous workwear allowance and pension scheme after a qualifying period.
If you are interested and meet the above requirements, please submit your cv to Ann Harley – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that we will only be replying to shortlisted candidates.