Minister of State with responsibility for Community Development and Charities at the Department of Rural and Community Development, Mr. Joe O’Brien, has launched a three-year strategy for Donegal Local Development CLG (DLDC).
DLDC received over 290 submissions and has set four overarching strategic action areas, Unlocking Potential; Strengthening Communities; People, Partnerships, and Collaboration; and Leading the Way.
Speaking at the launch, Minister O’Brien said “DLDC’s Strategic Plan 2023-2025 sets out exciting goals for the delivery of many important support services including Social Inclusion, Community and Rural Development, education and training, employment supports, and addressing climate change.
“Through this strategic plan, DLDC has ambitious goals to build more inclusive and sustainable communities across Co. Donegal and unlock the potential of individuals, families, and communities most at risk of poverty and social exclusion.”
The strategy sets out DLDC’s ambition to:
* support people towards, and into, sustainable work in a people-centric way
* ensure that supports are highly targeted at those who need them the most, e.g. people living in the most deprived areas, experiencing multiple disadvantage
* build capacity of local communities and social enterprises to address social inclusion, good governance and sustaining the environment.
* ensure that DLDC is a good place to work
* strengthen external relationship-building/reach is further enhanced by formalising its approach
* formalise its approach to crisis management is further enhanced through staff capacity-building
* redesign its organisational structure, processes and work environment to improve internal collaboration across programmes and team
*ensure that internal and external communication central to everything it does
*mitigate and adapt to climate change, committing to pursuing to carbon neutrality as an organisation by 2030.
* ensure DLDC upholds the highest standards in Governance and Compliance and is more representative of the community it works with.
* secure new funding streams which align with the three-year strategy.
Patsy McGonagle, Chairman of DLDC said “We are pleased to present this new Strategic Plan for Donegal Local Development CLG (DLDC) to guide us through to the end of 2025. DLDC’s new strategic plan represents the very best of our organisation. The development of the plan, the ideas it contains, and its ongoing implementation are a testament to the collaborative culture and ambitious vision we have for the organisation.”
Padraic Fingleton, CEO of DLDC said “We have a lot to be proud of, our community and voluntary sector partnerships have provided invaluable support to individuals and communities over the last 27 years. The previous two years have offered unique challenges with the pandemic and the war in Ukraine, but our team mobilised and responded in supporting communities to take on these challenges.
Through this strategy, we are looking to build-on these strengths and we look forward to growing our organisation and further develop our supports to the people of Donegal.
To see the plan in full, please visit DLDC-Strategic-Plan.pdf