Job Vacancies: Donegal Parent and Family Support Service (DPFSS) is seeking to recruit 3 Family Support Workers who will work directly with Springboard FSS & Finn Valley FRC.
Springboard Family Support Service and Finn Valley FRC are community-based organisations who work under the auspice of Donegal Parent and Family Support Service. The service works with children and families to provide intensive family support to those most vulnerable ensuring best outcomes for those children and families.
- 2 Family Support Workers (2 Year Contact) 35 hrs : Springboard FSS, Raphoe
- Family Support Worker (2 Year Contact) 30hrs Base: Springboard FSS, Raphoe
- Family Support Worker (1 Year Contact) 20hrs Base: Finn Valley FRC, Stranorlar
The Family Support Workers will ensure that the ethos, aims, objectives and actions of the project are fulfilled in line with service and national policies and standards.
The successful candidate will have:
- At least two years’ experience in the delivery of home-based family support
- A third level qualification relevant to the post
- A clear understanding of Family Support, Meitheal and existing referral pathways in Co. Donegal
- Ability to understand and react to the needs of vulnerable families
- Significant experience of direct work with groups, children and families in a family support capacity
- Ability to handle difficult situations with sensitivity
- Ability to identify problem areas, make recommendations and create support plans to enable positive changes
- Experience of planning and managing own workload within established guidelines
- Ability to prioritise and review and work under pressure to specific timescales and targets
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Proven ability to network and work on an interagency basis
- Excellent IT and Report Writing Skills
Further information and application form can be obtained by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org. Short listing criteria will apply.
Closing date for applications is Friday 2nd December at 12:00pm. Applications will not be accepted beyond this point. Completed applications with cover letter to be emailed to email@example.com. Interviews will take place on Thursday 15th December.Tags: