Job Vacancy: The Sea Fisheries Protection Authority (SFPA) is seeking applications for the position of Executive Manager Operations at Assistant Principal Officer Level.
- The Executive Manager, Operations will work closely with other APs as part of the Operations Senior Management team to ensure overall national coherency to operational business delivery.
- Lead, develop and empower teams, through strong leadership and clear objective setting, ensuring delivery of organisational objectives.
- Ensure that the operational function of the ports or head-office units, such as the investigation unit, for which they are responsible are aligned with the strategic role within the organisation and be a key contributor to the business strategy for the SFPA.
- Perform a lead role for SFPA in operational development and deployment of national portfolios* allocated to their role.
- Provide expert advice and support to the senior management team and line-management in all issues relating to Port Operations and national portfolios.
- To support the Senior Port Officers with managing the distribution of available front-line resources within the SFPA to meet port operational challenges arising from seasonal peaks in activity and particular requirements arising from operational risk analysis.
- Build strong working relationships with SFPA colleagues at all levels within the organisation ensuring best outcomes from the expertise and experience in both the head office support units and the port offices.
- Develop, communicate and implement policy in key areas affecting the Port Operations including the coordination of changes arising through amendments to European and National sea-fisheries and seafood safety legislation and from modifications arising from ongoing risk analysis.
Essential Entry Requirements:
- A third level qualification (minimum level 7) in a relevant discipline.
- A minimum of 3 years operational experience in Food Safety Regulatory area and / or Fisheries Control regulatory area.
- A minimum of 3 years experience in a Supervisory Management Role
What’s on Offer?
- Starting Salary: €73, 236 with annual increments
- Attractive Pension scheme and Annual Leave policy.
- Full Time Permanent position – Located in Clonakilty Co. Cork* (*After an initial period of 18 months in the post, a change of location to another Port Office may be considered).
- Blended and Remote working policy.
How to Apply: If you’re interested in this role, click ‘apply now’ to access the Application Form and further information.
For recruitment enquiries please contact SFPA@sigmar.ie.
Closing date: The deadline to apply is 12 noon, on Wednesday the 14th of December 2022.Tags: