CBRE Global Workplace Solutions is a leading global provider of integrated facilities and corporate real estate management.
We are recruiting a Building Services Technician to join the team located in Letterkenny.
The successful candidate will support the management and delivery of CBRE activities, including electrical, mechanical, general fabric works and office support in our client premises.
- Delivery of the CBRE services within the Letterkenny Site to include electrical, mechanical, general fabric works and office support.
- Provision of services between the hours of 08:00am to 17:00pm. Ensure service is provided out of hours as and when required
- Ensure services are provided with a professional customer service focus responding to any requests for support from users within the Letterkenny Site
- Proactively developing customer relationships by making efforts to listen to and understand the customer (internal and external); anticipating and providing solutions to customer needs; giving high priority to customer satisfaction
- Creating a good impression, commanding attention and respect, showing confidence and expertise in electrical, mechanical & fabric systems & services within the Letterkenny Site
- Be able to discuss issues with customers to ascertain their concerns and provide them confidence in the service to be delivered
- Undertake pro-active PPM activities as set out in the operational protocols for all Electrical, Mechanical & Fabric systems. There is a requirement to carry out some PPM tasks out of normal working hours
- Provide first line fix for all systems installed within the Letterkenny Site
- Liaison with specialist contractors to always ensure service excellence
- To be fully conversant with the PPM and Helpdesk systems
- Responsible for ensuring that the work plan is managed to the maximum effect.
- Communicate progress in the work plan, possible delays or changes of the work completion date to the Supervisor
- Act as the focal point for all matters regarding the impact on the customers and their facilities
- An essential function of the individual is to ensure that the customer is kept informed about the progress of their work requests
- Ensure adhoc support requests are recorded within the Helpdesk system for monitoring and tracking purposes.
- Record all costs incurred as part of the provision of Services are recorded, tracked and reported for charging and auditing purposes.
- Liaise with colleagues and specialist contractors to ensure all requests are responded to promptly. Any service shortcomings are to be promptly logged and reported to the Team Leader.
- Recognised apprenticeship or equal
- Formal qualification and training in electrical with the addition of mechanical appreciation
- Good inter-personal skills in dealing with both customers and colleagues
- Must be able to work on own initiative
- Ability to motivate self and others
- Must be a decision maker
- Excellent customer care skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Electrical activities
- Mechanical activities
- PPE compliance
- Computer literate
- Strong proven experience providing maintenance activities within an organisation which would include Electrical, Mechanical & Fabric services
- Experience in operating as part of a team
- Experience in undertaking electrical duties
- Must have a sound multi services background.
- Exposure to electrical field/fault finding