Job Vacancies: The IDP and DLDC are recruiting for two full time Community Facilitators for the Defective Concrete Blocks Scheme (DCB) on a one-year fixed term basis.
These posts, one based in Inishowen and one in Letterkenny, are supported by the Department of Housing, Local Government & Heritage, through Donegal County Council.
It is an opportunity for an organised, empathetic, motivated individual to join our respective teams to support and guide homeowners through the application process for the Defective Concrete Blocks grant scheme and facilitating access to relevant support services.
The position will necessitate the following: –
- Proven track record of working within the Community Sector and liaising with Statutory agencies with good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience in project delivery and promotion, monitoring including finance and administration, reporting and evaluation.
- Experience in form filling and completing grant applications.
- Excellent organisational, and computer literacy skills, specifically excel, word and databases.
- Proven ability to work as part of a team and a capacity to work on own initiative
- Access to own transport and a clean driver’s license is essential.
Ideally the successful candidate will have a minimum of three years’ experience of working in an information, advice, advocacy or community development setting and have a good working knowledge of local community supports and hold a relevant third level qualification.
How to Apply:
Please note that both locations have a distinct application process. Candidates are welcome to apply to one or both locations. There will be a separate interview panel for each post.
For the IDP position please complete the official application form accompanied by an up-to-date CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
For the DLDC position please submit by email with a letter of application outlining how you meet the criteria, together with an up-to-date CV to: Human Resources at email@example.com
Closing date for applications is Thursday 15th December at 12 noon.
Applicants applying for the Inishowen based position should note that the proposed interview date will be Monday, December 19th.
Applicants applying for the DLDC based position should note that the proposed interview date will Tuesday December 20th.
Shortlisting will apply and a panel for each location may be formed.
Inishowen Development Partnership and Donegal Local Development Company CLG are equal opportunities employers and welcome applications from all sections of society. The appointments are subject to normal recruitment procedures including Garda/Police Vetting.