Job Vacancy: The Sea Fisheries Protection Authority will hold a competition to establish a panel of suitably qualified candidates to fill Sea Fisheries Protection Officer vacancies which may arise in its office in Greencastle, Co. Donegal.
- Conducting direct inspections of fishing vessels, processing establishments, seafood business premises and other places of fisheries and marine activity to verify compliance and to detect non-compliance with Sea-Fisheries and Seafood safety legislation
- Taking appropriate follow-up action following these inspection activities such as writing reports, inputting data into databases of inspection activity, compilation of written statements or attending court to act as a witness for the prosecution.
- Collecting, verifying and inputting fisheries statistics in a timely and accurate manner.
- Collecting samples of shellfish, fishery products and fish to sampling specification at shellfish production sites, fish processing establishments, auction halls and fishing vessels and ensuring the delivery of these samples in a suitable condition to conduct the analysis intended.
- Attending meetings or meeting with individuals to provide technical input on matters related to fisheries conservation, food safety and fisheries statistics or to advise groups or individuals on these matters or matters related to the policy of the Authority.
- Minimum qualification of a National Diploma Level 7 in a discipline relevant to the work of the Sea Fisheries Protection Authority
- Full clean driving licence
What’s on Offer?
- Competitive salary
- Attractive Pension scheme and Annual Leave policy.
- Blended and Remote working.
How to Apply: If you’re interested in this role, visit www.sfpajobs.com further information.
For recruitment enquiries please contact SFPA@sigmar.ie.
Closing date: The deadline to apply is 12 noon, on Monday the 30th of January 2023.