Taoiseach Leo Varadkar has urged TG4 to sit down with the Creeslough families ahead of any decision to broadcast a proposed documentary on the tragedy.
The controversial documentary is due to broadcast this evening.
However, a number of families of those killed in the tragedy have objected to its broadcast.
They say the documentary should not be aired until a full investigation into the blast is carried out.
“What I’d ask TG4 to do is to perhaps sit down with the families concerned, maybe consult them, and having done that make a decision as to whether or not they’re going to postpone the airing of the documentary.
“I’m reluctant as head of Government to tell any broadcaster what they should or should not broadcast. I don’t want to get into that space,” he said, answering Donegal Sinn Féin TD Pearse Doherty in the Dail.
“But I do hear what the families are saying, and I think we all feel their pain, and would ask at the very least that TG4 would sit down with their representatives and discuss the matter and hear their case and try to understand it.”
The comments from the Taoiseach come after a father who lost his teenage daughter in the Creeslough explosion said his wife and children are not ready to see a documentary which is due to air on TG4 this evening.
Hugh Harper outlined his objections to today’s Liveline radio show on RTE.
Donegal Daily this morning contacted the TG4 press office asking if the documentary was still due to be aired.
However, to date we have still not received a reply.
Ten people lost their lives following the explosion at the Applegreen petrol station in the Donegal village on October 7 last year.