Milling since 1865 Smyths Daleside are the leading manufacturer of animal feed in the Northwest of Ireland.
For over 155 years, we have been making the highest quality feeds with the aim of exceeding our customers’ expectations. We now invite applications for the following permanent position at our Ballindrait mill.
Job Ref No: SD/GO/08/23
Ensuring that each delivery of materials into the mill is inspected, approved and transferred to the correct storage bin, ensuring that the intake, packaging and dispatch of all bagged product is managed efficiently and stock control systems maintained and ensuring feed is manufactured in accordance with the production schedule to the required quality specification.
- Operate a high-speed automated bagger and palletiser line;
- Carry out good manufacturing practice to ensure that hygiene is maintained to a high standard;
- Assisting customers with the loading of goods outwards;
- Picking orders and loading lorries for next day deliveries;
- Comply with Health and Safety Policy and any other more specific safety policies or Standard Operating Procedures in place.
- A minimum of one years experience in a production environment;
- A basic knowledge of and ability to use computers;
- A working knowledge of stock control measures;
- Have an interest in and knowledge of agriculture;
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills and have a friendly, helpful and enthusiastic personality.
The successful candidate should be reliable, efficient, motivated and be able to work as part of a team. Candidates should have a good standard of education with the ability to complete accurate documentation and good communication skills.
Normal working pattern is Monday to Friday with flexibility to work Saturdays if required. There will be a requirement to work evening shifts, particularly from November to April due to business need. The evening shift pattern is 4:00pm – 12 midnight Monday – Thursday and 3:00pm – 11:00pm Friday.
To apply please forward a current CV and cover letter to the HR Manager, Smyths Daleside, Ballindrait, Lifford, Co Donegal F93 K447 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for receipt of CVs is 5.00pm Tuesday 15th August 2023.
Milling since 1865 | www.smythsdaleside.com
Smyths Daleside is an equal opportunities employer