Donegal Local Development CLG and its partners Donegal Travellers Project and the Donegal Intercultural Platform CLG invite applications for the following vacancy:
Development Worker/Trainer – Think Equality Donegal (Part Time)
The purpose of this post is to design and deliver innovative methodologies and approaches including training to promote and advance equality and interculturalism across Donegal. The Development Worker/Trainer will promote the practice of Community Development across all stakeholders involved in the delivery of the Think Equality Donegal Project. They will develop a creative and accessible online and social media presence to promote equality, diversity and interculturalism while also creating the conditions for respect where cultural diversity is celebrated.
This exciting project is a partnership between Donegal Local Development Company CLG, Donegal Intercultural Platform and Donegal Travellers Project.
- The Development Worker/Trainer will be required to work part time, preferably 21 hours per week spread over 3-5 working days.
- This is a fixed term contract to 29th August 2024 and is subject to funding.
- Ability to design and deliver innovative methodologies and approaches including training to promote and advance equality and interculturalism across Donegal.
- Appreciation and understanding of Equality/Human Rights legislation in Ireland.
- A recognised and relevant Third Level/professional qualification OR sufficient demonstrated experience in this area.
- Full Clean Driver’s License and access to transport is required.
To apply for the position, please submit by email, a Letter of Application together with current Curriculum Vitae and clearly outline how you meet the criteria to: Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
Partnership panel interviews will be held on the afternoon of Thursday 28th September 2022. We reserve the right to enhance both the essential and desirable shortlisting criteria, dependent on response. A panel may be formed from which similar vacancies may be filled.
Donegal Local Development CLG is committed to a Policy of Equal Opportunity. Canvassing will disqualify.