Foyle Food Group requires a Technical Assistant to be based at their Donegal site in Carrigans, Co Donegal.
This is an exciting opportunity to join one of the most progressive beef processing groups in Ireland and the UK.
The successful candidate will be part of a busy Technical Team for a period of not less than 6 months to cover Maternity Leave. Duties will include Conducting quality control checks, collecting microbiological samples for external analysis, carrying out production line inspections of products to ensure compliance with customer specifications, completing GMP / Housekeeping / Quality Audits to ensure compliance and assisting with preparation for external audits when required.
- Degree in Food Technology/ Food Science / Technical or Food Related Qualification.
- Understanding of HACCP principles.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Competent in record keeping.
- Motivated with ability to work on own initiative.
- Able to solve problems analytically.
- Be able to work within a slaughterhouse environment.
- Proven computer skills – e.g. Microsoft Office
- Previous experience working in the food industry
- Knowledge of BRC and/or Retailer Audits
- Food hygiene qualification
- Ability to complete quality checks on products throughout the process and ensure that finished product is to customer specification.
How to apply:
If you believe you have the relevant qualifications / experience / passion and drive to make a success of this position, please do not hesitate to forward your CV with a covering letter to the address below.
HR Manager, Foyle Donegal, Drumnashear, Carrigans, Lifford, Co Donegal. F93 A310
Tel: (+353)74 914 0228 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The above criteria may be enhanced to facilitate shortlisting.
Closing date for receipt of applications is – Friday 10th November 2023
All offers of employment are dependent on Candidates successfully passing the Company’s pre-employment medical which includes a drugs and alcohol test.