Milling since 1865 Smyths Daleside are the leading manufacturer of animal feed in the North West of Ireland. For over 155 years, we have been making the highest quality feeds with the aim of exceeding our customers’ expectations.
We now invite applications for the following position based at our Ballindrait mill:
Job Ref No: SD/PO/11/23
Reporting to the Production Supervisor, the Plant Operator is an integral part of our day-to-day operation, being responsible for the production and quality checking of all orders in the mill.
- Operating a highly computerised manufacturing process;
- Supervising raw material intake;
- Warehouse duties including operating a forklift truck;
- Performing product quality checks and maintaining mill hygiene standards;
- Maintain traceability and hygiene records;
- Assist in maximising the efficiency of the mill;
- In conjunction with maintenance ensure daily, weekly and monthly routine preventative maintenance tasks are carried out.
- A minimum of one years experience in a production environment;
- Must have a good standard of education;
- Must be IT literate and ideally have previous experience using computerised production equipment;
- Ability to work on own initiative and within a busy team;
- Working in an animal feed mill or have an agricultural background would be advantageous;
- Ideally have a forklift licence but not essential as training will be provided.
Normal working pattern is Monday to Friday with flexibility to work Saturdays if required. There will be a requirement to work evening shifts, particularly from November to April due to business need. The evening shift pattern is 3:00pm –11: 00pm Monday to Friday.
In return the company offers an excellent rate of pay, private pension, 30 days annual leave and the opportunity to undertake training so you can develop your skills.
To apply please forward a current CV and cover letter to the HR Manager, Smyths Daleside, Ballindrait, Lifford, Co Donegal, F93 K447 or email email@example.com
Closing date for receipt of CVs is 5.00pm on Monday 11th December 2023.
SMYTHS DALESIDE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER