Daniel At 50 will feature the life and times of the Kincasslagh singing sensation.
The show will feature interviews with family and friends as well as an in-depth interview with Daniel and wife Majella at their home in Tenerife.
The show will be broadcast at 7.55pm on RTE One as people sit down for the evening.
An RTE insider said “Daniel might not be everybody’s cup of tea but he is one of the hardest-working entertainers around.
“This show gives an insight into his private life and how he has managed to become one of the most successful entertainers in the world.”
More from Donegal Daily
- DANIEL AND MAJELLA SIGNED UP FOR ANOTHER B&B ROADTRIP The O'Donnells have signed on the dotted line for ANOTHER series of the hugely popular hit television series, Daniel and Majella's B&B Roadtrip. UTV bosses were so impressed with the ratings from the husband and wife's first TV show that they have now offered them a new […]
- WIN AFTERNOON TEA WITH DANIEL O’DONNELL Fancy having afternoon tea alone with just Daniel O’Donnell for company? Well that’s one of many prizes up for auction in aid of a campaign aimed at the revival of Ballyshannon’s once famous Allingham Arts and Literary Festival. The auction takes place at Dicey Reillys Bar on […]
- DANIEL TALKS LIFE, LOVE AND GETTING A WIG ON THE LATE LATE Daniel O’Donnell celebrated his 50th birthday early last night when he appeared on the Late Late Show. The singer was lauded by family and friends as he prepares to mark his milestone birthday on Monday next. The Kincasslagh man talked about everything of losing his father when he […]
- DANIEL COMPLETES HIS CUPLA FOCAIL! Singer Daniel O’Donnell has revealed he has already completed his refresher course in the Irish language. The Kincasslagh man said he thoroughly enjoyed the lessons in Glencolmcille. And he said he hopes to get to the stage that he can be confident enough in the language to do […]
- JIM MCGUINNESS TO APPEAR ON THE SATURDAY NIGHT SHOW THIS WEEKEND Jim McGuinness will give his first interview since stepping down as Donegal manager on RTE's Saturday Night Show hosted by Brendan O'Connor. McGuinness has remained tight lipped following his departure as manager almost a fortnight ago. McGuinness presided over the most […]
- MAJELLA RESTING UP BEFORE SERIOUS SURGERY IN THE COMING WEEKS Daniel O’Donnell has revealed his wife is having plenty of rest and relaxation before she undergoes serious surgery in the coming weeks. The singer and his brave wife Majella spent Christmas at home but have spent the last few weeks on sun-kissed Tenerife. But Majella will […]
- DANIEL REVEALS MAJELLA’S CANCER TREATMENT IS FINISHED AS THEY PLAN QUIET CHRISTMAS IN DONEGAL Daniel O’Donnell has revealed his wife Majella has finished her cancer treatment and they are both looking forward to spending Christmas together. Daniel is currently touring America but he says he cannot wait to get home to Donegal for the festive season. “I am pleased to tell […]
- SHEPHERD’S PIE AND WASHING UP – DANIEL REVEALS HIS LONDON LIFESTYLE! Strictly star Daniel O'Donnell has revealed how he is adjusting to life on his own living in London. The singing star reveals how he has to fend for himself in the kitchen after BBC bosses put up in a flat during the television series. But it isn't always five star […]
- DANIEL HOPING HIS DANCE MOVES WILL BRING NORTH CLOSER TO PEACE! Daniel O’Donnell's dance moves could help Northern Ireland come a step closer to peace. The 53 year old Strictly star is urging both Catholics and Protestants to vote to keep him in the BBC show. Daniel joked: “This might be the first time the Falls and the Shankill vote for […]
- BREAKING NEWS: SHOCK AS DANIEL VOTED OUT OF STRICTLY COME DANCING BREAKING NEWS: DANIEL O'DONNELL'S Strictly Come Dancing run is over. The Donegal singer and his partner Kristina Rihanoff faced the dance off in tonight's show as the public Sports presenter Kirsty Gallagher and Brendan Cole were the opposition in the dance-off. An emotional […]
- DANIEL TO PLAY THE ‘STRICTLY GAME’ TO SURVIVE ON BBC SHOW Daniel O'Donnell has said he will keep his cards closer to his chest from BBC bosses after he was handed the dance he didn't want last weekend on Strictly Come Dancing. Although the Kincasslagh man came sailing through the show, the 53 year old star says he is going to play it […]
- DANIEL UPS HIS ‘PROFILE’ THANKS TO FANS AHEAD OF HIS CHA CHA! The Daniel O'Donnell marketing machine is in full flow! Daniel will take to the floor of Strictly Come Dancing this Saturday night as Danny Zuko for the Cha Cha with partner Kristina Rihanoff. In honour of the occasion, Daniel has asked fans to change their Facebook profiles to […]
- DANIEL VOWS TO FIND THE DANCER ‘INSIDE’ AFTER GREAT PERFORMANCE DANIEL O'Donnell has vowed to find the dancer inside him after another great performance of Strictly Come Dancing. The Donegal man took to the floor - and hoping for votes for the first time - on the hit BBC show this evening. And he and partner Kristina Rihanoff did a cheeky […]
- DANIEL KEEPS PROMISE TO PLAY EMOTIONAL CONCERT FOR HOSPITAL WHERE MUM DIED Daniel O’Donnell has kept a promise to the hospital where his mother died – by playing a fundraising concert for them. The millionaire singer was due to play a concert in aid of Dungloe Community Hospital last May. But the day the concert was due to take place, his beloved mum […]
- DANIEL’S PENCILS IN SECRET DATE TO MEET FANS Daniel O'Donnell fans may have to wait eight months to hear him singing again in Ireland but they can see him in the flesh much sooner. The Strictly Come Dancing star is set to play a string of what are certain to be sold-out concerts in Killarney next August. Tickets for the […]
- DANIEL ADMITS IT WILL BE STRANGE VISITING ‘HIMSELF’! Daniel O’Donnell has admitted he feels “strange” about having his own visitor’s centre. The world’s first Daniel O’Donnell Visitor’s Centre will open in Dungloe on May 6th. The millionaire singer, 50, will officially open the centre but admits it will be an unusual occasion. “It […]
- RTE SERIES TO TELL THE STORY OF DONEGAL EVICTIONS On the 27th, 28th, and 29th December,1881, 13 families were evicted from their homes in the village of Carrowmenagh, Co. Donegal. Not able to pay the rent, mothers, fathers, children and grandparents were all flung out from their simple cottages or long houses onto the road by […]
- PADDY IS STILL MAKING HIS ‘VOICE’ HEARD DESPITE CLOSE CALL Donegal singer Paddy Molloy is still giving it socks on RTE’s The Voice. The Glenties man got a bit of a shock tonight when he didn’t get the vote from Kian Egan’s group to go through to the next round. Not even his number one fan Jamelia could help get him over the […]
- MOST EXPENSIVE PIECE OF DANIEL O’DONNELL MEMORABILIA EVER FOR SALE! It's a little bit more expensive than a gold disc or a signed photograph. But the ultimate piece of Daniel O'Donnell memorabilia has just been put up for the sale - a €400,000 home which Daniel grew up in. The house, which was put up for sale on daft.ie yesterday, boasts no […]
- DONEGAL COUNTRY STAR GETS INVITE TO MUSIC’S SPIRITUAL HOME DONEGAL country music singer Lisa McHugh is off to the States - after an invite to appear at the Grand Ole Opry in Nashville. She has been invited by country music legend Gene Watson to appear as his guest at the venue on March 6. Lisa was one of the star attractions at the recent […]