Daniel At 50 will feature the life and times of the Kincasslagh singing sensation.
The show will feature interviews with family and friends as well as an in-depth interview with Daniel and wife Majella at their home in Tenerife.
The show will be broadcast at 7.55pm on RTE One as people sit down for the evening.
An RTE insider said “Daniel might not be everybody’s cup of tea but he is one of the hardest-working entertainers around.
“This show gives an insight into his private life and how he has managed to become one of the most successful entertainers in the world.”
More from Donegal Daily
- DANIEL TO GET SPECIAL LATE LATE TRIBUTE TO CELEBRATE SHOWBIZ CAREER SHOWBIZ EXCLUSIVE: Daniel O’Donnell is to be given a special Late Late Show tribute to celebrate his career and 50th birthday! Donegaldaily.com understands the millionaire entertainer will join Ryan Tubridy on the RTE show which comes just three days before his milestone birthday on […]
- DANIEL AND MAJELLA LOOKING FOR A B&B AGAIN! DANIEL and Majella’s B&B Road Trip is back for a second series - but they are moving from UTV to RTE. Due on air later this year, the producers are calling on B&B owners to take part in the show, which follows Daniel O’Donnell and his wife as they travel around […]
- DANIEL TO REVEAL HIS COOKING SKILLS ON RTE’S SURF N TURF Daniel O'Donnell appears on RTE's Surf N Turf this Friday night where he puts his cooking skills to the test. Chef Paul goes straight to the newly opened visitor centre dedicated to the singer, travels to his house and even bumps into his wife Majella. After much searching, he […]
- DANIEL SAYS HE HOPES THE LATE LATE SHOW GOES ON FOREVER Daniel O'Donnell, the only celebrity to be interviewed by all FOUR Late Late Show presenters, said he hopes the RTE show will go on forever. The singer, who was interviewed by Gay Byrne, Pat Kenny, Gerry Ryan and Ryan Tubridy, will appear on the show's 50th anniversary special […]
- DANIEL PRAYS FOR GOOD HEALTH FOR MAJELLA AND BETTER GOLF IN 2014 Daniel O’Donnell has revealed he has two New Year ambitions – continued health for his family and getting his golf handicap down! The singer has had one of the toughest years of his life after wife Majella was diagnosed with breast cancer. Majella, 53, who now has a very good […]
- HOW SINGER DANIEL MET NEIGHBOURS FROM DONEGAL DURING AUSSIE TOUR COUNTRY crooner Daniel O'Donnell must have felt he was back home when he played a concert Down Under at the weekend. For he was able to catche up with some neighbours (no pun intended) at a concert in the Adelaide Entertainment Centre, in Adelaide South Australia. Daniel was […]
- DANIEL OPENS UP TO GAY BYRNE ABOUT HIS LIFE ‘FOR ONE NIGHT ONLY’! Daniel O’Donnell fans will be on cloud nine this weekend when he appears on Gay Byrne’s new chat show ‘For One Night Only’ on RTE One. The Kincasslagh singer will cha about his life and sing a few of his favourite songs in front of a live studio audience. Daniel, 49, says he is […]
- MAJELLA TELLS DANIEL TO KEEP TOURING DESPITE CANCER DIAGNOSIS Daniel O’Donnell has revealed his wife refused to allow him to stop touring after she was diagnosed with cancer. Last month the singer’s wife Majella was hit with a bombshell when she was diagnosed with breast cancer. But the 53 year old told her entertainer husband ‘The show […]
- DANIEL SINGING THE BLUES AS HE AND WIFE CELEBRATE CHRISTMAS APART Daniel O’Donnell has revealed that he and wife Majella are spending Christmas hundreds of miles apart. Due to family commitments Daniel is to stay at home with his mother Julia while wife Majella is jetting to Tenerife to be with her parents. The globe-trotting couple will have […]
- DANIEL WILL SING BUT HE WON’T COOK THIS CHRISTMAS! Daniel O’Donnell has said he is planning a “very quiet Christmas” at home in Kincasslagh. The singer returned to Donegal from Dublin yesterday and is hoping to sing at midnight mass in his home parish. “I haven’t spoken to any of the choir yet but I would really like to sing with […]
- DANIEL AND MAJELLA SIGNED UP FOR ANOTHER B&B ROADTRIP The O'Donnells have signed on the dotted line for ANOTHER series of the hugely popular hit television series, Daniel and Majella's B&B Roadtrip. UTV bosses were so impressed with the ratings from the husband and wife's first TV show that they have now offered them a new […]
- DANIEL HOPES VISITOR’S CENTRE WILL GIVE DUNGLOE NEW LEASE OF LIFE Daniel O’Donnell hopes a visitor’s centre named after him will breath new life into Dungloe. The town has suffered from the recession like many other Irish towns with the closure of many businesses and its two hotels. But the millionaire singer hopes the centre, which opens on May […]
- WIN AFTERNOON TEA WITH DANIEL O’DONNELL Fancy having afternoon tea alone with just Daniel O’Donnell for company? Well that’s one of many prizes up for auction in aid of a campaign aimed at the revival of Ballyshannon’s once famous Allingham Arts and Literary Festival. The auction takes place at Dicey Reillys Bar on […]
- DANIEL SAYS CHRISTMAS WON’T BE THE SAME WITHOUT HIS BELOVED MUM Daniel O’Donnell has admitted that Christmas will be very different this year as it will be his first without his beloved mum Julia. The much-loved 94 year old passed away in May after a short illness. Heartbroken Daniel, 52, said his mum loved nothing more than having all her […]
- DANIEL RELIEVED FATHER-IN-LAW DIDN’T HAVE LONG DEATH Daniel O’Donnell has said he is glad his father-in-law did not suffer a long death. Tom Roche passed away last week after suffering a brain haemorrhage following a fall down some stairs at his home in Tenerife. The Donegal singer said his wife Majella and her family are taking […]
- MAJELLA: “WHEN YOU HEAR THE WORD ‘CANCER’ IT DOESN’T MEAN IT’S THE END” MAJELLA O'Donnell has spoken of her battle with cancer - and told other people getting the illness: "You can fight back." The brave wife of singer Daniel also choked back tears on the Late Late Show on RTE1 as she spoke of how she fought cancer as her father died. And she also […]
- DANIEL ANNOUNCES THE SHOW MUST GO ON DESPITE CANCER SCARE Daniel O’Donnell has announced the shows will go on despite the news that wife is battling breast cancer. Majella O’Donnell revealed last weekend that she had been diagnosed with the disease. The couple asked fans to keep them in their prayers but asked people not to send them […]
- DANIEL TALKS LIFE, LOVE AND GETTING A WIG ON THE LATE LATE Daniel O’Donnell celebrated his 50th birthday early last night when he appeared on the Late Late Show. The singer was lauded by family and friends as he prepares to mark his milestone birthday on Monday next. The Kincasslagh man talked about everything of losing his father when he […]
- DANIEL AND MAJELLA FACED CANCER BY GOING ON HOLIDAYS Daniel O’Donnell has revealed that himself and brave wife Majella met her cancer battle head-on by pressing ahead with holiday plans. Majella captured the hearts of the nation when she appeared on the Late Late Show to have her hair shaved for the Irish Cancer Society. Now […]
- JIM MCGUINNESS TO APPEAR ON THE SATURDAY NIGHT SHOW THIS WEEKEND Jim McGuinness will give his first interview since stepping down as Donegal manager on RTE's Saturday Night Show hosted by Brendan O'Connor. McGuinness has remained tight lipped following his departure as manager almost a fortnight ago. McGuinness presided over the most […]