This is the moment when Four Masters player Paul Durcan stepped off the bus in Donegal Town to an unforgettable welcome from 20,000 fans
It may have been raining cats and dogs but nobody cared.
Thanks to our friends at Wallace Media for this short, yet absorbing clip from last night’s homecoming.
Simply click on the video to play.
More from Donegal Daily
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – RYAN SHEDS A TEAR AT MASSIVE BUNCRANA HOMECOMING HE'S Buncrana's favourite son - and when Ryan Bradley returned to his home town last night more than 10,000 people turned up to welcome him. The party atmosphere in Inishowen's largest town was electric. No wonder Ryan shed a tear. Click Play on this Wallace Media […]
- DDTV – PAT THE COPE OUTLINES HIS VISION FOR THE IRISH FISHING INDUSTRY MEP Pat The Cope Gallagher has long campaigned on behalf of Donegal fishermen in Europe. Here, along with Paul O'Donoghue, he gives his opinion on how best Ireland's fishing industry can be sustained and grown in the coming years. With thanks to our friends in Wallace Media for […]
- PREMIERSHIP STAR REVEALS HE IS A BIG FAN OF ONLINE DONEGAL SOCCER PAGE! DDTV: Aston Villa star Ciaran Clark has revealed he is a big fan of one of Donegal's most popular social media pages. Soccer Donegal is a Facebook page dedicated exclusively to bringing you all the soccer news as it happens in the county. The page is hugely popular as it gives […]
- SUPER VIDEO OF THE NORTH WEST 10K – ARE YOU ON IT? There are sore legs, ankles and thighs across Donegal tonight. But for the 3,000 plus people who took part in the North West 10K around Letterkenny, it was well worth it. Click on the video to see this fantastic video from our friends in Wallace Media to see all that […]
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – VIDEO OF A PROUD NIGHT IN GLENSWILLY IT WAS a very proud night for members of the Glenswilly GAA club as they welcomed home Sam to the captain's club. Michael Murphy, Neil Gallagher and Gary McFadden were greeted by family and friends. With thanks to Wallace Media for this video. Click to […]
- DDTV – BACK IN DONEGAL THE FANS ARE GOING NUTS! Almost 2,000 fans gathered in Ballyshannon to watch Donegal beat Mayo to take the Sam Maguire back home after 20 years. A large screen was erected in the town's square and fans cheered every score as JIm McGuinness and the boys claimed a second All Ireland. Many thanks to our […]
- DDTV – ACTOR SEAN MCGINLEY LAUNCHES ALLINGHAM ARTS FESTIVAL Renowned Donegal actor Sean McGinley last night launched the Allingham Arts Festival in Ballyshannon. Mr McGinley, who was born in the town, took time out to sing the praises of Ballyshannon, took time out to explain why people should viist the festival this year. With thanks […]
- DDTV – DONEGAL TURNS OUT TO DEBATE THE FISCAL TREATY There was no holding back when dozens of people turned up at a debate on the European Fiscal Treaty in Inishowen last night. Our friends in Wallace Media were there to bring you this news feature with former President of the European Parliament Pat Cox and Donegal […]
- FANS WARNED THAT PICKPOCKETS ARE FOLLOWING GAA FANS ACROSS DONEGAL GAA fans across Donegal have been warned that criminal gangs are targeting empty homes and parked cars during the All-Ireland celebrations. Jim McGuinness and his victorious team yesterday began a tour of the county with the Sam Maguire Cup. The celebrations are expected to last […]
- CRIME ALERT: GARDAI HUNT GANG USING SCAM TO CON ELDERLY Gardai are hunting a gang disguised as Gardai and calling on the homes of elderly people pretending to be checking forged money. The gang have already called to a number of homes in the Glenfin area of the county. The two man gang, who were dressed in suits, pretended to be […]
- DDTV – DONEGAL ACTOR SEAN McGINLEY ON HIS REASONS TO BACK THE GATHERING He may be long gone from his native Ballyshannon, but actor and film star Sean McGinley will always be a proud Donegal man. The star of numerous TV dramas and feature films, McGinley is an active backer of The Gathering. Here he reveals what he loves about Donegal and why […]
- DDTV – ‘I’LL NEVER GET TIRED SMILING AND SHAKING PEOPLE’S HANDS’ – MEDAL HERO ENGLISH! Hundreds of people braved the rain to give a huge welcome home to European 800 metres bronze medalist Mark English in Letterkenny. The 21 year old spoke of his love of his hometown, of Co Donegal and thanked all those people who had helped him to realise his dreams. Plenty of […]
- DDTV: COUNTDOWN TO CROKER – VIDEO OF THE DAY! DDTV: Now we know Mayo are the opponents, excitement is building to the All-Ireland Final on September 23. Aidan McHugh and his friends took to the hills around Glengesh to make sure everyone on a trans-Atlantic flight over the next three weeks knows where Sam Maguire is […]
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – VIDEO OF TEAM IN NEWTOWN-SAM-INGHAM THE victorious Donegal team are on their last leg of an enormous journey across the county. At teatime hundreds of people lined the main street of Newtowncunningham - or Newtown-SAM-ingham - to cheer on the heroes of 2012. We don't know where these boys get […]
- COUNTDOWN TO CROKER: DDTV – THE EXPERTS GIVE THEIR VERDICTS AT DONEGAL DAILY FORUM It was all GAA and less cabaret. Some of the country's best-known pundits were guests of Donegal Daily and St Eunan's GAA Club at a packed All-Ireland forum at the Mount Errigal Hotel in Letterkenny this week. The panel spent more than two hours answering questions about […]
- DDTV VIDEO: INTERVIEWS WITH DONEGAL’S ALL-IRELAND WINNING HURLING HEROES DONEGAL are celebrating their all-Ireland hurling victory over Tyrone at Croke Park on Saturday. Click on this brilliant Wallace Media video to hear interviews with the heroes including Ciarán Mathewson. Enjoy!
- DDTV – ANDREW GETS BANG FOR HIS PUCK AS HE RAISES €10,500 Donegal hurling legend Andrew Wallace is best known as a proud Burt man but most of all a lover of hurling. The former hurling star and Donegal hurling manager may have stopped playing competitively for Donegal but he recently faced another challenge. The well-known […]
- DDTV – THE NORTH-WEST 10K INSPIRES AND MOTIVATES THE PEOPLE OF DONEGAL What a day, what a crowd and what an occasion! Donegal Daily once again got behind the North-West 10K as thousands of euro was raised for deserving charities thanks to more than 2,000 runners and walkers. Letterkenny was alive with people of all ages doing their bit for charity and […]
- DDTV: SEE HUGE TURN-OUT AT ‘SAVE OUR HOSPITALS’ MARCH UP to 2,000 people people marched through the Twin Towns today to protest at planned reductions in beds at three community hospitals. Services in Lifford, Stranorlar and Ramelton are being moved to a new purpose-built facility in Letterkenny in 18 months time. Those communities […]
- DDTV: GALLANT DONEGAL RECEIVE AMAZING RECEPTION BACK ON HOME SOIL There may have been tears but Donegal's senior and minor teams returned heroes when they arrived back in The Diamond in Donegal Town last night. DonegalTV were there to capture the scenes as more than 5,000 people turned out to great Declan Bonner, Jim McGuinness and their […]