DECLAN Walsh was the proudest man in Ireland tonight at the country’s most northerly GAA club as he carried the Sam Maguire into Malin.
A huge crowd of enthusiastic supporters turned out to see the cup arrive in the town.
The players may have looked a bit tired – but their faces lit up when the locals cheered the arrival of Sam.
You can send your pix to email@example.com
More from Donegal Daily
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – WHEN SAM WENT TO MOVILLE WE'RE now totally convinced there's more than one Jim McGuinness. For there's no way any man could have clocked all those miles with a big cup in the same week! Here's some snaps from Moville. With thanks to Leanne Cumming for the pix.
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – WHEN RORY TOOK SAM TO SEE GRANNY BEHIND every great player lies a great family. Wives, girlfriends, mums, dads, children, brothers and sisters. And behind all of them are the grandparents who are so proud. So Granny Kavanagh was a very happy woman when grandson Rory brought Sam Maguire and Donegal captain […]
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – GAOTH DOBHAIR PICTURE SPECIAL A huge crowd gathered in Gaoth Dobhair GAA club to welcome the Sam Maguire to the heart of the gaeltacht. The McGee brothers stopped off to see mum in Dore, before the players took Sam to the SeaView for dinner! Then it was off to the club for a very noisy reception. Were you in […]
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – DUNFANAGHY PICTURE SPECIAL A HUGE crowd of Donegal fans greeted the Heroes of 2012 when they arrived in Dunfanaghy on Wednesday evening. Local hero Colm McFadden helped carry the Sam Maguire down the main street. And like everywhere else on this remarkable journey across the county - a journey the […]
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – SEND US YOUR PICTURES SHARE your memories from Donegal's historic tour of the county by sending your pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll put them on Ireland's No1 local news website - so Donegal people at home and abroad can see them! Anyone out of bed in Glenties yet? Get ready for Sam's World […]
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – DOWNINGS PICTURE SPECIAL THE GAA mad town of Downings turned out in style to welcome the Sam Maguire and the victorious Donegal team home. Richard Conneely was there for Donegal Daily. You can send pix to email@example.com.
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – WHEN LEONARD MET SAM IN CARN AFTER A TRIP FROM DOWN UNDER THERE was another huge crowd of enthusiastic fans in Carndonagh when the Sam Maguire came calling with the Donegal team. It was a very special moment for Carn man Leonard Harkin (sure aren't they all Harkins up there!) He had travelled all the way from Melbourne in Australia […]
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – CREESLOUGH PICTURE SPECIAL THE people of Creeslough welcomed home the St Michael's heroes in style.
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – VIDEO OF A PROUD NIGHT IN GLENSWILLY IT WAS a very proud night for members of the Glenswilly GAA club as they welcomed home Sam to the captain's club. Michael Murphy, Neil Gallagher and Gary McFadden were greeted by family and friends. With thanks to Wallace Media for this video. Click to […]
- GAA: MALIN DEFEAT CARNDONAGH IN TOM FARREN MEMORIAL CUP TOM FARREN MEMORIAL CUP Malin beat Carndonagh in the Tom Farren Memorial Cup on Saturday on a scoreline of Malin 2-16 Carndonagh 2-09. The Malin Team on the day was: Seamus […]
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – VIDEO OF TEAM IN NEWTOWN-SAM-INGHAM THE victorious Donegal team are on their last leg of an enormous journey across the county. At teatime hundreds of people lined the main street of Newtowncunningham - or Newtown-SAM-ingham - to cheer on the heroes of 2012. We don't know where these boys get […]
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – RYAN SHEDS A TEAR AT MASSIVE BUNCRANA HOMECOMING HE'S Buncrana's favourite son - and when Ryan Bradley returned to his home town last night more than 10,000 people turned up to welcome him. The party atmosphere in Inishowen's largest town was electric. No wonder Ryan shed a tear. Click Play on this Wallace Media […]
- COUNTDOWN TO CROKER: DDTV – THE EXPERTS GIVE THEIR VERDICTS AT DONEGAL DAILY FORUM It was all GAA and less cabaret. Some of the country's best-known pundits were guests of Donegal Daily and St Eunan's GAA Club at a packed All-Ireland forum at the Mount Errigal Hotel in Letterkenny this week. The panel spent more than two hours answering questions about […]
- COUNTDOWN TO CROKER: SEND JIM AND THE BOYS YOUR MESSAGES OF SUPPORT! Donegal folk around the world will be crossing their fingers on Sunday week when Jim McGuinness’ men take on Kerry at Croker. We appreciate that Donegal people from Australia to Canada won’t all be able to be there in person. But you can send your ‘good luck’ messages to Jim […]
- ANRAÍ AND GRÁINNE CLAIM DOUBLE ALL-IRELAND TITLES AT FLEADH HERE'S a proud father and daughter after a double All-Ireland gold! Anraí Ó Domhnaill and his daughter Gráinne competed for Donegal at the All Ireland Fleadh Ceoil in Sligo at the weekend against stiff competition from the top singers from the four provinces of Ireland, Britan […]
- A CHRISTMAS CARD FROM DONEGAL DAILY TO YOU! We would like to take this opportunity to thank our thousands of readers from Stranorlar to Sydney and from Buncrana to Boston, a very Happy Christmas. Forgive us if we don't update your favourite local online read as often as we usually do today. We're planning on breaking the […]
- DONEGAL WOMAN WINS TWO MEDALS AT THE WORLD TRANSPLANT GAMES Letterkenny woman, Vienna White (31) is enjoying great success at the World Transplant Games in Durban, South Africa this week. The Inishowen native has scooped two medals, a Silver in the 3000m race walk and a Bronze in the Shot Put event. Speaking about her wins this morning, […]
- WALSHY ON WEDNESDAY – THE DONEGAL DAILY SPORTS COLUMN From a chat with Cork legend Pat Morley to losing his boxer shorts on a nag by a short head, sports fan and columnist Paddy Walsh lets rip once again on a week of sport. FOR ROBBIE, READ JOHNNY Altogether now – O’SHEA, O’SHEA, O’SHEA, OLE, O’SHEA! The memory of Robbie Keane’s […]
- WALSHY ON WEDNESDAY – THE DONEGAL DAILY SPORTS COLUMN Paddy Walsh is back with the sports column that makes Joe Brolly look like a six year old let loose with a pen and a notepad - in a dark room. This week his targets, sorry topics include Finn Harps' Cup run, tee time with Jim McGuinness and his err, love of couch to 5ks! Take it away […]
- DONEGAL DAILY NAMED FOURTH MOST POPULAR IRISH NEWS WEBSITE IN COUNTRY BY GOOGLE Donegal Daily has been named the FOURTH most popular Irish news website in the entire country by search engine Google. We have come in just behind the national news organisations The Irish Independent, RTE and The Irish Times. The UK Daily Mail came first - with Donegal Daily […]