DECLAN Walsh was the proudest man in Ireland tonight at the country’s most northerly GAA club as he carried the Sam Maguire into Malin.
A huge crowd of enthusiastic supporters turned out to see the cup arrive in the town.
The players may have looked a bit tired – but their faces lit up when the locals cheered the arrival of Sam.
You can send your pix to email@example.com
More from Donegal Daily
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – DOWNINGS PICTURE SPECIAL THE GAA mad town of Downings turned out in style to welcome the Sam Maguire and the victorious Donegal team home. Richard Conneely was there for Donegal Daily. You can send pix to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – VIDEO OF TEAM IN NEWTOWN-SAM-INGHAM THE victorious Donegal team are on their last leg of an enormous journey across the county. At teatime hundreds of people lined the main street of Newtowncunningham - or Newtown-SAM-ingham - to cheer on the heroes of 2012. We don't know where these boys get […]
- WALSHY ON WEDNESDAY – THE DONEGAL DAILY SPORTS COLUMN From a chat with Cork legend Pat Morley to losing his boxer shorts on a nag by a short head, sports fan and columnist Paddy Walsh lets rip once again on a week of sport. FOR ROBBIE, READ JOHNNY Altogether now – O’SHEA, O’SHEA, O’SHEA, OLE, O’SHEA! The memory of Robbie Keane’s […]
- WALSHY ON WEDNESDAY – THE DONEGAL DAILY SPORTS COLUMN Paddy Walsh is back with his sports column which is winning more new friends than the PR man in Croke Park the week before the All-Ireland Final. This week the terrace talk is about The Bhoys, McGuinness' legacy and ....err ....swimming the Atlantic as told in only Walshy's […]
- COUNTDOWN TO CROKER: WIN TWO FREE TICKETS FOR FINAL WITH DONEGAL DAILY Tickets for the All-Ireland Final will be like gold-dust but Donegal Daily has TWO free tickets to give to one lucky reader. The Donegal GAA team has been lucky to have a loyal sponsor like Donegal Creameries in recent years. And now courtesy of the Donegal teams' main […]
- HARRY’S GAME AND STEPH’S STILL A CRACKER – IT’S WALSHY ON WEDNESDAY It may be freezing outside but it's probably not as cold as some of Paddy Walsh's side-swipes - especially if you're a Leeds fan or didn't bother your Ronaldo voting for Stephanie Roche. FOOTBALL CAREERING INTO PROFESSIONAL AGE A couple of interesting comments from two of the […]
- DDTV: GO ON, LET’S GET ‘JIMMY’S WINNING MATCHES’ PAST ONE MILLION VIEWS! DDTV: It's two years since Rory Gallagher uploaded this video to YouTube, Donegal Daily shared it on social media...and the rest is history. Well not quite...Jimmy's Winning Matches has just past 914,000 views. Let's see if our great county and people from this county across […]
- FERRY’S REFUSE FINED FOR HAVING UNTAXED BIN LORRIES A GARDA Inspector has questioned whether or not a local refuse company would pay huge fines handed down to a local refuse collection company. Inspector Goretti Sheridan made her views known as Ferry's Refuse appeared at Letterkenny District Court on charges brought after two […]
- MAJOR SEARCH UNDERWAY FOR MISSING MAN A MAJOR search operation is underway in the Carrick area of south west Donegal for a local man who has been missing for more than 48 hours. Donegal Mountain Rescue Team and local volunteers are searching the area when a man in his 30s was last seen on New Year's Eve. The operation […]
- MAN SHOT IN FACE IN GUN ATTACK AFTER ROW OVER RIGHT OF WAY BREAKING NEWS: Gardaí are at the scene of a shooting in Glenswilly. It's understood a firearm was discharged during a dispute between two farmers in the area. One person has suffered injuries. The victim, who is aged 42, is understood to have suffered shotgun wounds to the […]
- WIN A PAIR OF TICKETS TO SEE KEVIN BRIDGES AT THE MILLENNIUM FORUM TOMORROW NIGHT HE'S Scotland's funniest comedian. And tomorrow evening (Tuesday) Kevin Bridges will take to the stage at Derry's Millennium Forum (7.30pm). Donegal Daily has one pair of tickets for the show. And your chance of winning them couldn't be easier. Simply like Donegal […]
- BRIAN McCORMICK TO ‘SHOOT THE GUN’ ON NORTH WEST 10K The President of the Letterkenny Chamber of Commerce Brian McCormick will be the special guest who will perform the official duty of starting the runners at Sunday week's North West 10k in Letterkenny. The 10k committee is delighted that Brian who is also one of the two main […]
- JIM’S PROMISE TO DONEGAL CHILDREN: ‘WE’LL TAKE SAM INTO EVERY SCHOOL IN THE COUNTY’ DONEGAL manager Jim McGuinness promised fans tonight that every child in the county will get a chance to see the Sam Maguire over the next few weeks. And the whole nation will see it on TV tomorrow night as Jim and the team are the special guests of the Late Late Show. The […]
- GAA NEWS: MAC CUMHAILLS APPEAL FOR LOTTO SELLERS Senior Result Our seniors travelled to Glencolmcille on Sundayin their 4th away game in a row but left empty handed. Seán Mac Cumhaills – 2.06 Naomh Columba – 1.11 Club Donegal Cards: We have a handful of Club Donegal Cards which will grant access to the All-County League and every […]
- DOCTOR DOCTOR – I’VE LOST A WHOPPING 10 STONE A Donegal man who lost a gut-busting 10 stone in weight is to feature on hit American television health show The Doctors. Paddy Bond (right - as he was!) from Ramelton tipped the scales at a frightening 26 stone. But now the one-time swimming champ (see inside for new-look Paddy!) […]
- JOBS: DONEGAL DAILY SEEKS DIGITAL SALES REPRESENTATIVE DONEGAL DAILY is, by far, Donegal's biggest news and sport website, with well over THREE MILLION page views every month from more than 300,000 readers. Due to the rapid expansion of our business, we are seeking digital advertising sales representatives to help manage increasing […]
- DDTV VIDEO: MURPHY STRIKE AGAINST MAYO NAMED GOAL OF THE CHAMPIONSHIP MICHAEL Murphy is tonight celebrating another accolade. His wonder strike against Mayo in last Sunday's All-Ireland final has been named 'Goal of the Championship' by the RTE Championship Matters show. You can watch the goal, banged home in the third minute of the […]
- FINN VALLEY 5K SERIES: ALL THE RESULTS FROM THE FIRST RACE MORE THAN 360 people took part in the first in the Finn Valley 5k series today with the local club's Sean McGettigan first across the line in 16:25. On a gloriously sunny day in the Twin Towns, there were plenty of people out and about to shout encouragement and loads of walkers […]
- DONEGAL-BASED BUSINESSMAN BUYS HOMES TO STOP BANKS RE-POSSESSING THEM A DONEGAL-based businessman has been buying homes and leasing them back to families so the banks don't get them. Peter Casey, a successful businessman in the world of recruitment who argues for ethical ways of doing business, has saved several families from eviction. The […]
- COLM IS FIRST TO SIGN UP FOR NORTH-WEST 10K Oldtown native Colm McDaid was the first runner to register on Monday evening at Letterkenny Community Centre for Sunday’s North West 10k. Colm is pictured with NW 10k committee members Grace Boyle, Bridgeen Doherty and Rosemary Foy. Up to 3,000 walkers and runners are expected […]