Folk about Glenties way aren’t known for diving into things feet first.
That is unless it is fundraising for a very good cause.
And it’s probably only their football club that certain men in the parish would agree to get involved in a dancing competition for.
And so that’s exactly what’s in store, Strictly Come Jiving in the Highlands Hotel this Saturday, November 23rd.
There are ten couples taking part on the night with doors opening at 7pm for an 8pm start with tickets priced at €15.
The ten “very willing and able” dancing stars are
1. Conal mcLoone & Laura mcFadden
2. Caolan Bonner & Ciara Molloy
3. Seamus Campbell & Fionualla Harkin
4. Gerry O’Donnell & Carol Gibbons
5. Connie Doherty & Teresa McKelvey
6. Shaun Boyce & Grainne McLoone
7. Eoin Boyle & Martina McGill
8. Daniel Roog & Ciara Hennigan
9. Tommy O’Dwyer & Denise Campbell
10. Christopher Molloy & Brianna McDonnel
The dancers are being taught by David Gordon from Manor & Shauna Molloy from Glenties.
They have been practicing for 11 weeks and will put on an amazing display on the night. Some of them have never danced before and great credit must be given to each of them for their dedication and commitment.
Jiving has become so popular with all age groups in the last few years. So come along and see for yourself the great work done by all.
The Highlands Hotel is the place to be on Saturday night and thanks to them for sponsoring the venue for the last few weeks and for the event.
Thanks also to the sponsors of each couple and the businesses for the donating prizes for the night.
The winners will receive prizes sponsored by the Clanree Hotel In Letterkenny.Tags: