So the final touches are being put to floats and costumes are being prepared for the Letterkenny St.Patrick’s Day Parade.
With fingers crossed for good weather it is all gearing up for a day of family fun.
Come along this year to see your friends, family and work colleagues in the parade. The parade will have the traditional mix of sporting clubs, dance groups, youth groups, clubs and societies as well as businesses getting involved, making it a fun and lively parade for the thousands of spectators. There will be vintage cars, animals and much more besides.
The Parade starts at 3pm on Tuesday 17th March making its way from Pearse Road via Port Road, through Main Street past the viewing platform at Market Square to finish in Old Town.
Before the parade that is also the inaugural St.Patrick’s Day 5k walk/run/jog. Starting at 1.15pm from The Quiet Moment why not get your running shoes on and join in the family fun. The finishing line is at market Square and winners will be announced before the parade.
Letterkenny Chamber that organises the parade would like people to know the following arrangements:
* 5k registration takes place at An Grianan Theatre from 11.30am
* Road closure from Station Roundabout to old Town is in place from 1pm
* 5k starts from The Quiet Moment, Main Street at 1.15pm
* Music and entertainment at Market Square from 2.15pm
* Parking is available in town centre car parks and also at LYIT.
* Parking designated for disabled is available in front of An Grainan Theatre. The Gardai will assist with directions fro accessing this.
Motorised entries will queue up along Pearse Road with walking entries gathering at Station Roundabout for a parade start at 3pm sharp.
Toni Forrester, Letterkenny Chamber of Commerce says “We are looking forward to a busy parade and we would ask all those entering the parade and spectators to follow the advice of stewards and Gardai with respect to the parade. Safety and family fun is our priority on the day”
For more information contact Letterkenny Chamber on 074 9124866 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.