There is just ONE DAY left to register your school for the Relay for Life Donegal 1for1@1 challenge – will you help us reach the magical number of 50?
Are you in a primary or secondary school in Donegal with a bright idea to raise money for the worthy cause? Let us know and join the fun! Please email us with your school’s name and contact details to email@example.com
Today we welcome two new names to the list – Scoil Padraig, Drumfries, Clonmany and Scoil Mhuire, Belcruit, Kincasslagh. BUT WE NEED ONE MORE – will it be you?
From now until Friday, May 19th, we are asking schools to pick one challenge and on their chosen day to carry it out at one-o-clock. Relay for Life Donegal are doing this fun challenge in association with Donegal Daily to raise vital funds for cancer survivors.
Every student takes one euro into the school (hence the name 1for1@1) Every single euro raised for Relay for Life this year goes directly to the extensive research programme for cancer survivors presently ongoing at Letterkenny University Hospital.
Unfortunately, cancer does affect every family and we are asking ‘’ALL SCHOOLS’’ to please consider taking part as every euro is so important to us.
We’ve seen a Teachers v Students Football match at Crana College, Dancing from St Safan’s and 1km Walks at Illistrin NS, and many many more. What one thing can you do?
Take inspiration from these fantastic fundraising days at schools across the county:
Acres NS, Burtonport – Thank you!
Well it certainly was a Wacky Wednesday at Acres NS, Burtonport! – ‘Here are some photos of our wacky 1km walk at 1 in aid of Relay for Life, our wackiest costume winners and not forgetting … the wackiest staff in the Northwest! Glad to have been part of this fundraiser for such a wonderful cause.’
Gairmscoil Mhic Diarmada, Arranmore Island – Thank you!
Niall Doherty, Sinead Brady and Finlay Marshall from Gairmscoil Mhic Diarmade, Arranmore Island who organised the 1for1@1Schools Challenge. Thank you one and all delighted to have our Island school involved.
Scoil Mhuire Doire Beaga – Thank you!
Students and staff members of Scoil Mhuire, Doire Beaga took part in the Schools 1for1@1 Challenge- a sincere thanks to one and all from all at Relay for Life Donegal.
Ballyraine NS Letterkenny – Thank you!
Ballyraine National School held their Schools Challenge today and we say a sincere thanks to the Principal Mr.David Oliver, his staff and the children for taking part and supporting Relay for Life Donegal, so much appreciated.
Scoil Chonaill, Bunbeg – Thank you!
Scoil Chonaill Bunbeg took part in the Schools 1@1for 1 Challenge- thanks to everyone who took part from everyone at Relay for Life Donegal, so much appreciated
Every School Counts: Will you join this list?
- Scoíl Phádraig Dobhair, An Bhunbeag
- Loreto Secondary School, Letterkenny
- Scoíl Olibhéir Pluincéid, Rann Na Feirste
- Gaelscoil Adhamhnáin, Leitir Ceanainn
- Scoíl Mhuire , Doirí Beaga
- St. Saffons NS, Castlefinn
- Scoíl Chonaill, An Bun Beag
- Scoil Naomh Fiachra, Illistrin, Letterkenny
- Scoíl Naomh Dubhthach, Machaire Uí Rabhartaigh
- St. Bernadettes School, Letterkenny
- Letterkenny Educate Together
- Scoíl Naomh Diúgh , Anagaire
- Naomh Colmcille NS, Drumoghill, Manorcunningham
- Pobal Scoil, Ghaoth Dobhair
- St. Baithin NS, St. Johnston
- Scoíl Adhamhnáin, An Luinnigh
- Loreto Community School, Milford
- Scoíl Náisiúnta, Mhín an Chladaigh
- Mulroy College, Milford
- Scoíl Náisiunta, Gort an Choirce
- Scoíl Fhíonáin, An Falcarrach
- Pobail Scoíl Chloích Cheann Fhaola
- Scoíl Chnoic na Naomh, Doire Chonaire
- Scoíl Eoín Pól, Loch an Uir
- Royal and Prior School, Raphoe
- Scoil Roisin, An Clochan Liath
- SN Taobhóige, An Clochán
- Coláiste Phobail Cholmcille, Baile Ur Oileán Thoraí
- Scoil Naomh Cholmcille, Oilean Thoraí
- Scoíl na Léibe , Leabgarrod, Arranmore Island
- Scoíl Cholmcille, Arranmore Island
- Raphoe Central National School
- Scoil Mhuire, Dristernan, Gleneely, Inishowen
- Dungloe National School
- Crana College, Buncrana
Scoil Cholmcille, Cloughfin N.S, Ballindrait.
- Woodlands National School, Letterkenny
Convoy Joint N.S.
Scoil Cholmcille, Drumman, Ramelton
- Scoil Mhuire, Stranorlar
- Ray National School, Manorcunningham
SN Cholmcille, Baile na Finne
- Craigtown School, Carndonagh
- Faugher National School, Portnablagh, Dunfanaghy
- Ballyraine National School, Letterkenny
- Acres National School, Burtonport
- St. Patrick’s NS, Lurgybrack, Letterkenny
Scoil Padraig, Drumfries, Clonmany
- Scoil Mhuire, Belcruit, Kincasslagh
The team at Donegal Daily have joined forces with the Relay for Life Donegal committee to promote the Schools Challenge for this most worthy of causes.
We are asking schools to do a one minute video of your challenge and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As you can appreciate, it would be impossible for us to show all videos sent in but we will put up a selection of them over the next two weeks. If you can also send a photo of the students taking part in their challenge to the same address we will put that photograph up for viewing.
Remember that on the weekend of Relay for Life Donegal 27th/28th May at Letterkenny LYIT, all of the videos sent in will be shown on the ‘Big Screen’. So keep in touch with Donegal Daily and with the Relay for Life Donegal facebook page during the challenge!Tags: