Schools, services and businesses have closed today (Monday 16th Oct) in light of incoming severe weather from ex-hurricane Ophelia.
Donegal Daily will bring you updates on cancellations as they come in. Check back on this page for more as the day progresses. Send your cancellation notices to firstname.lastname@example.org.
CLOSURES FOR MONDAY 16th OCTOBER
- All schools, colleges, universities and educational institutions closed, incl. all Donegal ETB schools, Further Education and Training Centres, crèches
- Gartan Outdoor Education and Training centre and the music service
- All Bus Eireann services cancelled nationwide from 0500-1400
- All flights in and out of Donegal Airport cancelled, except 7.55am flight to Dublin. The airport will close from 12 o’clock.
- Most Courts Closed, to be confirmed on Monday morning
- All driving tests cancelled
- All An Post deliveries will cease from 12pm and all post offices will be closed by 12pm
- All customer appointments with the Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection are cancelled on Monday.
- The Department of Foreign Affairs offices are closed, incl Passport office
- Department of Agriculture, Food & Marine Offices Raphoe closed
- Northwest Busways are cancelling all services this afternoon, last service departing Derry to Inishowen will be 1.30pm and last service departing Letterkenny to Inishowen will be 1pm.
- Donegal Women’s Centre is closed today and the young women’s health clinic -Ilash will not run this evening. The next young women’s health clinic will be Monday 23rd October.
- Boyce’s Centra’s Carrigart Dunfanaghy and Falcarragh closing 2pm today
Businesses and events:
- All Dunnes Stores in ROI & Northern Ireland will be closed on Monday 16th October.
- Tesco stores will be open unless local conditions permit otherwise. Customers are told to check with your local store before travelling.
- Penneys Letterkenny closed Monday
- Letterkenny Credit Union office will close at 12 o’clock
- Ballyshannon & Killybegs Credit Union is closed today
- Lifford Credit Union will close in both Lifford and Raphoe today at 12.30pm.
- Century Complex Letterkenny closed from 2pm
- AIB Killybegs will be closed. The mobile Community Bank will not be visiting Falcarragh and Milford
- Raphoe Livestock Mart: there will be no sheep sale today. It will now take place on Tuesday the 17th of October.
- Carndonagh Mart’s cattle sale has also been cancelled and will instead take place on Tuesday.
- Brockagh /Cloghan sheep mart is cancelled Monday evening and will be on Wed 18th Oct instead
- SLIM R US – Mon 6pm in RATHMULLEN RDRC is cancelled.
- McElhinneys of Ballybofey will close at 12.30pm today, Monday 16th October.
- Arena7 Letterkenny will close today at 2pm and will reopen as normal tomorrow. Bingo at Arena7 is also cancelled tonight.
- Lloyds Pharmacy, Pearse Rd Letterkenny will be closed today
- Conkers Cafe, Ballybofey will close at 12noon
- Gallaghers Foodstore Derrybeg will close at 1pm
- Argos in Letterkenny is closed from 1pm.
Refresh this page for more updates as they come in. Send your cancellation notices to email@example.com or message Donegal Daily on Facebook.