Cathaoirleach of Donegal County Council, Cllr Gerry Mc Monagle, is calling on people to mindful of not accidentally starting fires during the current dry spell.
Councillor Mc Monagle asked people to exercise extra caution and not to do something which could start a gorse fire.
He said “I am asking visitors to the county and indeed locals who are out enjoying the great weather we are getting at the minute to be very mindful when using Barbecues or even smoking as to how they dispose of them when finished.
“Our Gorse lands and hills are very dry at the minute and as such increase the risk of gorse fires.
“So I am appealing to all those enjoying out beautiful weather and countryside to be very safety conscious and careful when disposing of cigarettes or used barbecues.”