Welcome to Castle Grove’s blog for Donegal Daily where we will share our plans for this year’s Strawberry Festival.
This Saturday, on the 7th July, Castle Grove will welcome friends, families and visitors from near and far to its second annual Strawberry Festival on the grounds of Castle Grove Country House Hotel.
The Strawberry Festival is part of the Donegal Food Coast Initiative and is a celebration of all things “Strawberry”.
Donegal Food Coast Initiative aim to create awareness within Donegal and nationally of the range of quality food producers and providers in the county and the role they play for the local economy, while developing awareness of Donegal as a destination for exceptional food experiences.
As a proud promoter of Donegal businesses, Castle Grove will also be participating in the Taste of Donegal Festival in Donegal Town in August and Off the Street LK food festival in Letterkenny. These events will attract visitors on the Wild Atlantic Way to Donegal and Letterkenny.
With weeks of planning nearing an end, we are delighted to announce the plans for our Strawberry Festival on the 7th July from 1pm-5pm.
So, bring along your friends and family to enjoy an afternoon of Castle Grove Hospitality with:
Free Admission – day includes:
- Tour of the walled garden, seeing where and how all our vegetables are grown and to see the Walled Garden of Castle Grove.
- Live Music Entertainment from two local bands: The Steps and Nasty and the Fantastics, keeping everyone entertained with a festival atmosphere.
- Face Painting for the kids and big kids.
- Cookery Demonstration…. Live Cookery Demonstration with Head Chef Paul Brady. Recipe cards available to go on the day.
- Cocktail Demonstration… Castle Grove’s Mixologist will be demonstrating how to make our Signature Cocktails, including the famous Castle Grove Strawberry Gin Cocktail.
- Cake Sale… a large selection of Castle Grove’s Strawberry Desserts, Cakes and Bakes will be available for sale, both in house and in boxes ready to go.
- BBQ – Weather permitting
- Food and Beverages available for purchase.
NOTE: REVISED PARKING
Following on the success from last year, we look forward to welcoming large numbers to Castle Grove, and we have revised the parking, with the parking at the main entrance and priority parking in the carpark near the house for elderly and disabled parking.
So, with free admission and forecasted great weather, there is no excuse not to gather your friends and family and enjoy and afternoon at Castle Grove.
We look forward to welcoming you all on Saturday.
The team at CG.