Dorrian Construction Limited are seeking a quantity surveyor to join their team.
The role will involve:
Working within & assisting the construction team to ensure a successful project is delivered, while maintaining relationships, maximizing commercial returns and manage risk.
* Support the Senior Quantity Surveyor functions, assisting with & taking responsibility for:
Preparing tenders, analysing, selecting appropriate subcontractor’s, negotiation & finalise subcontractor orders, financial & commercial management of subcontractor’s to Final Account completion.
* Site records & document control
* Site measurement records
* Assisting in the preparation of forecasts, targets & Cost Value reconciliations
* Prepare variations with adequate records & details, agree as works progress
* Update projected Final Account, prepare & submit in a timely manner
* Maintain & protect DCL commercial & contractual entitlement
* CVR – Be actively involved in & understand the process, maintain independent view
* Cash management – Be aware & be actively involved to ensure good cash management
* Tender preparation – Support as required
* Manage & oversee tender process
– Involvement with & take some responsibility for:
– Simple Design & Build/Contractors Design Portion contracts
– Claims & disputes
– Understanding of contract law
– Seek out new opportunities
Experience & Skills
Demonstrate clear written and verbal communication skills.
Ability to effectively utilise a range of technology platforms
Be fully conversant with the use of the Standard Method of Measurement
Demonstrate ownership/commercial awareness
Effective time management, organisational, interpersonal and negotiation skills
Educated to diploma or degree level and working toward the relevant professional accreditation
Cost Value Reconciliations
Send enquiries to mailto:firstname.lastname@example.orgTags: