Ten of Donegal’s most outstanding young people have been honoured by Junior Chamber International (JCI) Donegal.
Young people from all walks of life were nominated for JCI Donegal Ten Outstanding Young Person (TOYP) Awards 2019. The awards served to recognise individuals between the ages of 18 and 40 who exemplify the best attributes of Donegal’s young people.
The awards ceremony took place on Friday 5th April in the beautiful surroundings of the Radisson Blu Hotel, Letterkenny and the ceremony gave these young people a night to celebrate their achievements with family and friends.
JCI Donegal has great support locally from sponsors AIB who similarly sponsor the event nationally. Sandra McGettigan (Branch Manager, LYIT) spoke and presented the awards on the night with Cathaoirleach of Donegal County Council Seamus Ó Domhnaill also addressing our attendees.
The following winners were recognised:
- Anna Hennessy for Personal Improvement and/or Accomplishment.
- Katie McGloin for Contribution to children, world peace, and/or human rights.
- Kieran Doherty for Business, Economic and/or Entrepreneurial Accomplishment.
- Teresa Donohoe for Contribution to children, world peace, and/or human rights.
- Shane Doherty for Business, Economic and/or Entrepreneurial Accomplishment.
- Nicola McLaughlin for Business, Economic and/or Entrepreneurial Accomplishment.
- Patrick Quinlivan for Personal Improvement and/or Accomplishment.
- David Gildea for Business, Economic and /or Entrepreneurial Accomplishment.
- Kai McHugh for Personal Improvement and/or Accomplishment.
- Angela McGlanaghey for Personal Improvement and/or Accomplishment.
After the local awards, the Donegal winners may go on to be recognised nationally and possibly internationally for their achievements. The National finals will be held on Saturday, 18th May in Royal Marine Hotel, Dun Laoghaire. JCI feel, that highlighting the accomplishments of these young active citizens in a variety of fields will inspire others to be better and realise their full potential as active citizens.
This is the sixth year these awards have been held in Donegal. Ann-Louise McClintock, JCI Donegal President 2019 commented: “The Outstanding Young Person awards is one of the most exciting events we hold during the year, it gives us an amazing opportunity to recognise the remarkable young people in the county and their impact on our community.”
JCI Donegal meet each month and visitors are welcome. For more information, check out JCI Donegal on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.Tags: