Nicola Gavigan has all you need for a tranquil visit to Bundoran! As the owner of Seclusion Spa she knows a thing or two about relaxation and fun times with friends.
In 2017, the Donegal businesswoman and mum of three turned her dream into a reality when she built her own boutique outdoor spa in Ardfarna. Now, Seclusion is a popular destination for beauty therapies and massage treatments, along with overnight packages.
This is Nicola’s My Donegal:
(1) What is your favourite place in Donegal and why?
Roguey Cliff walk, Bundoran. it’s breathtakingly beautiful with the sound of crashing waves, very calming. with the.sea in front of you and mountains behind you it’s spectacular.
(2) Who is the one person in Donegal that you look up to and why?
Deirdre McGlone, an inspirational strong woman in business that has a way of making everyone in the room feel at ease.
(3) What’s your happiest Christmas memory in Donegal?
Any Christmas day with my family, wakening up to the magic of Santa, going to mass, watching the swim on the beach and then home for dinner, fire on and feet up.
(4) If you could change one thing about Donegal what would it be?
To have some public transport links to the rest of Ireland.
(5) What has been Donegal’s proudest moment in recent years?
Winning the All Ireland in 2012.
(6) If you found a magic wand that allowed you to grant one wish for Donegal, what would it be?
Train transport links to Dublin.
(7) What is your favourite Donegal-made product?
Aran wool wear, love to have some. Edel McBride’s hats or dresses.
(8) Who is Donegal’s greatest ambassador around the world and why?
Our wee Daniel, not my type of music but gotta appreciate his love for his home.
(9) What is your earliest memory associated with Donegal?
Holidays in mobile home in Bundoran with family.
(10) What has been the biggest compliment you’ve ever received?
Sure I’m Irish I don’t accept compliments lol.
(11) Who is your favourite Donegal sportsperson of all time?
Michael Murphy the man is amazing to watch.
(12) What is your favourite Donegal restaurant/bar?
Lough Eske Castle, great food, setting, service, and amazing cocktails.
(13) What is your favourite Donegal saying or expression?
Meaning: a child, infant or baby
Example: “Will you be bringing the wanes/wains with ya, hi.”
(14) What is the biggest challenge facing the people of Donegal today?
Lack of employment.
(15) What is your favourite food that you associate with Donegal?
Seafood and brown bread.
(16) Is there anything that really annoys you about Donegal or its people?
So laid back, accepting instead of fighting for what they need. someone else will do it attitude.
(17) Who is your favourite Donegal entrepreneur?
Meg O’ Gara from Megnificent Creative.
She is inspirational and a powerhouse. One impressive lady.
(18) If you had a hundred million euro to improve something in Donegal what would it be?
The roads and public transport to Dublin. Galway etc
(19) Where’s the most unusual place you’ve logged on to Donegal Daily?
Beach in Portugal
(21) Is there anything about Donegal that you are very proud of? (example: our culture/language)
The people’s hospitality and humour and the beauty of the whole county.
(22) What is the most rewarding thing about what you do?
Making people relax and feel good, less stressed.Tags: