126 more cases of coronavirus Covid-19 have been confirmed in Ireland, the Department of Health has said.
This brings the total number of cases in the Republic of Ireland to 683.
Today’s update marks a decrease from the 191 new cases confirmed on Thursday, however Chief Medical Officer Dr Tony Holohan said the lower number should not be taken as a positive or negative sign, as cases would have been infected up to seven days previously.
The impact of social distancing will not be reflected in numbers until the end of the month.
Dr Tony Holohan said: “Now is not the time for complacency. Every citizen who is practising social distancing, who is taking precautions to limit the spread of this virus, is doing their country a service.”
County-specific data was note provided by the department today. However, it is confirmed that the number of confirmed cases in Donegal is less than or equal to five.
Three people who have been diagnosed with Covid-19 have so far died in the Republic.
Twelve people diagnosed with Covid-19 have been admitted to an Intensive Care Unit.
The Department of Health also confirmed today that the median age of people diagnosed with the virus is 44.