Another 52 people have tragically died from Covid-19 in Ireland, according to the Health Protection Surveillance Centre (HSPC).
The deaths in the past 24 hours brings the number of total deaths so far from the virus to 1,063.
There have also been 377 new confirmed cases of Covid-19.
This brings the overall total of confirmed cases to 18,561 in Ireland.
The Health Protection Surveillance Centre also released some detailed statistics on these figures.
The figures show that:
– 57% are female and 43% are male
– the median age of confirmed cases is 49 years
– 2,536 cases (14%) have been hospitalised
– Of those hospitalised, 344 cases have been admitted to ICU
– 4,847 cases are associated with healthcare workersTags: