ANOTHER four people have died from Covid-19 in Ireland, the Department of Health has announced.
The latest four deaths bring the overall number of Covid-19 related deaths to 1,608.
A further 57 positive cases have been confirmed.
Since the outbreak, there have been 24,639 cases in Ireland.
The Health Protection Surveillance Centre’s analysis of the total confirmed cases as of Friday 22 May shows:
- The gender breakdown of confirmed cases shows 57% are female and 43% are male
- The median age of confirmed cases is 48 years
- 3,222 cases (13%) have been hospitalised
- Of those hospitalised, 394 cases have been admitted to an intensive care unit (ICU)
- 7,819 cases are associated with healthcare workers
- Dublin has the highest number of cases at 11,873 (48% of all cases) followed by Cork with 1,428 cases (6%) and then Kildare with 1,392 cases (6%)
- Of those for whom transmission status is known: community transmission accounts for 59%, close contact accounts for 38%, travel abroad accounts for 3%