Job Vacancy: GDC (Irl) Ltd are an established Donegal based construction company who specialise in the construction of Quality Housing Developments.
Due to continued expansion we now have an opportunity for an Estimator/Quantity Surveyor to join our team.
The role will be based at our Head Office in Muff, Co Donegal with travel to sites as required.
- Estimating for new housing projects, at planning stage and during the construction phase.
- Assist with subcontractor procurement and ensuring subcontractor’s compliance with all
Health & Safety legislation and industry standards.
- Communicate with subcontractors including reaching agreement on interim payment
valuations and final accounts.
- Quantify work requirements including take-off’s and thereafter assist with procurement.
- Dealing with statutory bodies and utility providers.
- Cost control and cost forecasting during the construction phase with the ability to report to
- Ensuring projects are delivered in compliance with all statutory requirements including
Health and Safety and Quality Standards.
- Requires a relevant Qualification in Quantity Surveying/Construction Management with a
proven experience in a similar role.
- Be familiar with the use of digital measurement and estimating software.
- Have a good commercial and contractual awareness with a good understanding of correct procurement methods.
- Have a good practical and technical background in the construction sector.
- Be a strong communicator with good people skills, ambitious and a team player.
- Ideal candidate will have a full clean driving licence.
Terms negotiable depending on experience.
Closing date for applications 5pm 17th/July/2020
If you think you are the person for this role and would like to join our team please forward your CV and cover letter marked for the attention of the Managing Director to GDC (Irl) Ltd, Kilderry, Muff, Co Donegal F93 XA 38, or by email to email@example.com.Tags: