Specsavers stores in Donegal Town and Letterkenny will remain open for all eye care and hearing needs despite the country being in Level 5.
The government has recognised opticians and audiologists as providing essential healthcare services and this means that stores will continue to keep their doors open to the public and offer a full breadth of services to the local community. These include eye and hearing tests, contact lens consultations, frame repairs and the sale of glasses, contact lenses, hearing aids and other healthcare products.
In line with HSE recommendations, Specsavers’ colleagues use personal protective equipment (PPE) throughout the stores, wear face masks and other PPE during tests, and all testing equipment and frames are thoroughly sanitised before and after each use. Customers are also asked to request an appointment in advance by phone or online through the Specsavers website to help manage social distancing and minimise time spent in store.
Services available include:
- Comprehensive eye examinations
- Hearing tests and hearing consultations
- Contact lens consultations
- Enhanced optical services for people experiencing any eye problems
- Frame repairs and the provision of new glasses
- Hearing aid repairs and the provision of new devices
- Purchase of vision care products, such as an anti-fog lens solution for glasses wearers through to dry eye drops
Specsavers will also continue to offer its remote services for people who are self-isolating, vulnerable or unable to leave their home, across both optical and audiology services. These include:
- RemoteCare – a free nationwide consultation service offering advice and care via video and telephone link, from the comfort of the patient’s home
- Online shopping – glasses and contact lenses can be bought online with a current prescription
- Remote Tuning – Fine tuning compatible hearing aids from afar without customers needing to come into store
To find out more information, request an appointment or browse the online store, visit www.specsavers.ie.Tags: