Buncrana Credit Union (BCU) is seeking a Credit Manager.
Reporting to the CEO, the Credit Manager will be a key member of the Management Team and will be responsible for the management of the lending function, ensuring the progressive implementation of credit policies to maximise responsible lending.
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious individual with strong lending experience to lead and manage a lending team and function to deliver on the ambitious plans of the credit union.
The Credit Manager will be accountable and responsible for the following:
* Supporting the CEO in the development and implementation of a growth strategy and the
* Delivery of income targets, in line with the strategic plan, monitoring KPIs and ensuring alignment to the strategic and operational business goals;
* Managing the lending function and loans staff to deliver an excellent member experience;
* Delivering underwriting excellence across the credit union team and compliance with the credit union’s credit policies and procedures;
* Optimising processes, productivity, efficiencies and performance in the team, including the implementation of digital solutions;
* Developing new lending products and expanding the capabilities of the credit union into new lending areas such as longer-term lending and secured lending over time.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications, skills and experience:
* At least five years’ underwriting experience;
* At least five years’ lending management experience;
* Significant experience in people management, and performance management, and leadership and experience in managing teams and individuals for high-performance and collaborative working;
* A third level qualification, ideally in business or a related field;
* A professional qualification satisfying Minimum Competency requirements;
* Ability to assess, critically evaluate and interpret complex information and to identify key credit risk drivers;
* Excellent communication skills, both written and oral;
* Ability to build and maintain effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders;
* Strong business & commercial acumen and understanding of the evolving credit union business model;
* Organised, focused and driven individual;
* Highly computer literate with the ability to query, analyse, interpret and report on efficiencies, effectiveness and trends;
* The ability to articulate and communicate and vision for lending;
* The ability to take ownership of and drive lending and business initiatives.
This position is a full-time permanent position. A competitive salary and benefits package will be on offer.
If you feel you can meet the requirements of this role, please visit our website at https://www.buncranacu.ie/recruitment for further information and to download an application form and recruitment privacy notice. Applications must be received by BCU via the method stated on the website on or before 5pm on Monday 31st May 2021.
Applicants should note that the Fitness and Probity Standards for Credit Unions apply to this position.
Please note that only applications received and completed on the standard application form will be considered. Canvassing will disqualify.
Buncrana Credit Union is an equal opportunities employer. Further screening criteria may be applied.