Foyle Donegal, situated five minutes from Derry City, requires a Technical Assistant to be based at their Carrigans, Co. Donegal site.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a well-established food processing plant in Ireland.
Working as part of the Technical Team the successful candidate will be responsible for conducting quality control checks on work in progress, chilled, finished, and products ready for despatching.
Quality checks will include temperature and pH of beef carcasses, online inspections of products ensuring compliance in accordance with customer specifications.
Can carry out ad-hoc audits and to assist with preparation of external audits when required.
Be able to liaise with Management and ensure good housekeeping practices throughout the plant.
• Degree /HND in a food related subject or 2/3 years relevant experience working within a food processing environment
• Ability to work in a physically demanding role
• Understanding of HACCP
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
• Proven ability in attention to detail, numeracy and literacy.
• Competent in record keeping.
• Ability to work on own initiative, solve problems analytically and instigate investigation where necessary.
• Proven computer literacy.
• Previous experience of working in the food industry.
• Food Hygiene Qualification.
• Understanding of BRC
Closing date for receipt of applications is 4.30pm on Friday 4th February 2022.
The above criteria may be extended to facilitate shortlisting. If you think you have the necessary skills, drive and ambition please forward application in writing, enclosing C.V. and stating job reference Number to: Foyle Donegal, Drumnashear, Carrigans, County Donegal, Ireland. F93 A310 Telephone: 353 (0) 74 914 0228 or Email: email@example.com
All offers of employment are dependent on Candidates successfully passing the Company’s pre-employment medical which includes a drugs and alcohol test.