A number of charity walking events are taking place in Donegal this weekend in support of the “Climb with Charlie” event.
The event is encouraging people nationwide to walk with Charlie Bird in their own locality, as he climbs Croagh Patrick on Saturday April 2nd.
The fundraiser has been set up to raise funds for the Irish Motor Neurone Association and Pieta House.
The Donegal Road Safety Working Group is appealing to everyone to stay safe as large numbers are expected at various locations.
The following guidelines have been issued to ensure that everyone has a safe day.
* If you are driving to the start of your walk, we urge you to park with consideration.
* If there is an official car park, use it. If there is no official car park, but there are other potential parking options, please consider other road users before parking there.
* Your vehicle must not become an obstruction for local residents, farmers, emergency services, etc, who need unrestricted access at all times along the roads and into property. Please also drive with care to and from the event you are attending and be courteous to all road users.
* Pedestrians should wear high viz or reflective clothing and take instructions from event marshals.
* The main thing is for everyone to enjoy the event they are attending, stay safe and we wish all organisers at the various locations best wishes for a successful event, which is for a very worthy cause.