Job Vacancy: An opportunity has arisen at Millbrae Surgery for a Practice Nurse to join our GP practice team in Convoy and Stranorlar.
We are a large group practice with 7 Doctors, 4 Practice Nurses, a Health Care Assistant / Phlebotomist, and a large administrative team.
We work out of a purpose-built premises in Convoy and a Primary Care Centre in Stranorlar.
The ideal candidate should
- Be registered with An Bord Altranais in the General or Public Health Nurse division of the register
- Have 2 to 3 years post qualification experience
- Be available for professional development study applicable to the practice
- Practice Nurse experience desirable but not essential
- Have the ability to operate as part of a practice team
- Excellent communication & organisation skills
- Have the ability to work on own initiative
Duties will include but not limited to:
- Telephone triage
- Cervical smears
- Women’s Health
- Chronic disease management activities
- Minor surgery assistance
- Antenatal & postnatal care
- Wound care & Dressing
- Conduct audits of patient care and practice services
- Maintain treatment room stock & cold chain compliance
- Manage practice recall systems and disease registers
Remuneration will depend on experience.
- Day shift
- Five Mornings & Two Afternoons
To Apply, please send a CV with a covering letter by email to email@example.com
Closing deadline: 12pm on Monday 10th October