Job Vacancy: Optibelt Urethane Belting Ltd in Letterkenny, a member of the Arntz Optibelt Group, are now recruiting for a Trainee Mechanical Engineering Technician to join their dynamic, innovative and professional team.
Job category: Performance improvement technician (mechanical engineering)
Company: OPTIBELT URETHANE BELTING LIMITED
Job Location: Letterkenny, County Donegal, Ireland
Start date: Immediate
Working Hours: Fixed
Contract type: Permanent
Career level: Entry Level
Salary: €23,000 annually
Hours per week: 37.5
- Minimum Experience Required (Years): o Years of Performance improvement technician (mechanical
- Minimum Qualification: Level 5 (incl Leaving Certificate/ Leaving Certificate Applied/ Leaving Certificate Vocational Programme) OR Engineering
- Ability Skills: Engineering, Manual
- Competency Skills: Initiative, Problem Solving
- Additional Skills: None
- Specialisation In: N/A
- Proximity Locator Distance: 30 Miles
Job Description & Skills Required
Working within the manufacturing process of polyurethane power transmission timing belts. You will work in
a small engineering team and report to the Engineering Manager.
All duties and responsibilities listed below will be gradually transferred over after the relevant internal training.
Working as part of a team is essential but the candidate must also to have the ability to work on their own initiative.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Setting up, recording readings and failure modes on dynamic testing machines.
- Inputting data from production records to analyse machine failure modes.
- Organising and maintaining the calibration & maintenance program SAMA.
- Checks and approval for incoming timing belt moulds.
- Recording readings on energy usage and analysis.
- Reducing process waste and reject levels.
The above is a broad outline of the duties, however from time to time the jobholder may be required to complete tasks that have not been specifically detailed above but are necessary in order to meet the requirements of the company.
- Experience using Microsoft Excel & Word would be preferred.
- Good communication skills Willingness to comply with all safety guidelines at all times
- Positive attitude and willingness to work as part of a team
- Ability to learn new skills
To apply, please send a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline date 20th January 2023