Donegal Fish Ltd., is currently seeking an experienced Production Manager for its new facility in Killybegs, Co. Donegal, which will become fully operational in Quarter 3, 2023.
The suitable candidate will ideally be from a highly skilled Food Production background. Experience in the Seafood industry is not necessary but would be highly beneficial.
Donegal Fish Ltd., is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Ward Fish Group. Based in Killybegs, Co. Donegal, Donegal Fish Ltd., is currently restructuring and renewing its business model and its premises to create an entirely new and innovative seafood production facility. This facility will be an innovative-leader in the production of value-increased Pelagic Seafood products (Mackerel, Herring, Horse Mackerel, Sprat) for sale and distribution worldwide. As part of the re-launch of this division of the business, Donegal Fish Ltd is currently in the final construction stages of this renewed facility and is planned to launch full scale production in Quarter 3 2023. This is an exciting new development in the Pelagic Seafood industry in Ireland, and Donegal Fish Ltd., will be operational on a year-round basis.
In this role, the successful candidate will be responsible for the smooth running of the production operation, including processing, freezing, packaging and dispatch operations, along with overseeing the quality and administration elements of the business.
The successful candidate shall:
- Ensure high standards of Safety, Quality, Output and Security
- Manage the financial performance and volume output and input of the operation to ensure the achievement/maximization of the Operations monthly, quarterly, and annual growth and profitability financial targets.
- Be fully responsible and accountable for leading and managing all staff for the site and to achieve targets, including building performance through excellent people management/leadership skills and practices.
- Developing, monitoring and regular review of workforce requirements for the Teams to meet short- and medium-term business needs and requirements.
- Liaise with the team leads and administration staff to identify/discuss performance improvements in financial, operational and customer excellence delivery.
- Promote, monitor, and maintain an environment and culture that improves Health, Safety, Quality and Security of the entire site.
- Ensure food safety, health & safety & hygiene requirements are implemented & maintained at all times. Lead continuous improvement initiatives to improve Safety, Quality, improve Operational Efficiency
- Oversee & support the management and motivation of staff and team leaders in their roles, ensuring key objectives set are met & adhered to and support the overall business in meeting & adhering to any outlined strategies & plans
- Will report directly to the Senior Management team.
- Minimum five years relevant Food Production Industry and/or seafood production industry experience. Excellent Communication and leadership skills
- Minimum of 3+ years’ of strong people management experience.
- Experience of managing and producing in a high volume/ business.
- Excellent leadership and people management skills, with the ability to influence at all levels.
- Excellent relationship building skills both internally and with suppliers and customers.
- Experience of budget KPI management and delivering to targets.
- Extremely Computer literate, with excellent Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) skills. Experience preferable in BRC / HACCP Food production environments.
- Some experience in HR / Staff relations would also be beneficial but not essential
Remuneration package will be in line with industry standards and will depend on experience.
How to apply
Applications by email only to email@example.com
The closing date for applications Friday 02nd June at 17:00