Donegal Fish Ltd., is currently seeking an experienced Quality + Technical Manager for its new facility in Killybegs, Co. Donegal, which will become fully operational in Quarter 3, 2023.
The suitable candidate will ideally be from a highly skilled Food Production and compliance background. Experience in the Seafood industry is not necessary but would be highly beneficial.
Donegal Fish Ltd., is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Ward Fish Group. Based in Killybegs, Donegal Fish Ltd., is currently restructuring and renewing its business model and its premises to create an entirely new and innovative seafood production facility. This facility will be an innovative-leader in the production of value-increased Pelagic Seafood products (Mackerel, Herring, Horse Mackerel, Sprat) for sale and distribution worldwide. As part of the re-launch of this division of the business, Donegal Fish Ltd is currently in the final construction stages of this renewed facility and is planned to launch full scale production in Quarter 3 2023. This is an exciting new development in the Pelagic Seafood industry in Ireland, and Donegal Fish Ltd., will be operational on a year-round basis.
In this role, the successful candidate will be responsible for all Quality, Technical and Food Safety Matters related to the safe, legal, and compliant production of quality value added Pelagic Seafood products within the business.
The successful candidate shall have the following qualities/responsibilities:
• To work with all departments and colleagues to ensure that the food safety, quality, and legality of all products produced is being maintained at all times, complying with customer specifications. All products placed on the market must be safe, compliant, and fully traceable.
• To ensure effective implementation and monitoring of the Food Safety Management system, including the HACCP plan, pre-requisite programme and documented SOPs/SSOPs within the Value-Added manufacturing facility.
• To ensure the effective implementation and monitoring of the HACCP plan across all products produced.
• To provide technical expertise and advice in the areas of food safety and legal compliance, working together to overcome business challenges in a busy environment and support the achievement of the business vision.
• To effectively maintain food safety standards that support GFSI (BRC, IFS) and customer standards.
• To drive continuous improvement through developing and progressing the current quality systems and operational processes within the business.
• To develop and implement technical improvement strategies and systems in response to potential non- conformances raised through audits and customer complaints.
• To encourage, manage and develop the Quality Control system, by leading by example, encouraging teamwork and driving improved performance within the team.
• To maintain a professional and technical relationship with new and existing customers.
• Manage the internal and external specifications database.
• Risk assessing all areas within the scope of the Value-Added facility for compliance to food safety, quality and legality requirements per accreditation and customer requirements and, where necessary, introducing change to processes and practices including, but not limited to, training to ensure the required standard is met.
• To investigate customer complaints with root cause analysis and establishing effective corrective and preventative action to prevent reoccurrence.
• Supplier approval and annual review, including the monitoring of performance and compliance with specification requirements.
• Participation in the NPD process in projects that may include a new product, ingredient, product type, shelf-life validation, key physical attribute requirements, new equipment, packaging or product application which deviates from the current well established processes within the business
• Aid in the on-site approval and surveillance audits conducted by third party certification bodies, DAFM and customers.
• Maintain good relationships with onsite regulators, auditors and all colleagues across all departments.
• You will hold a 3rd level qualification in a Food Science related subject. If no 3rd level qualification is available, suitable commensurate industry experience will be considered.
• You must hold suitable HACCP certification.
• You must have previous Technical/ Quality Management experience within the food manufacturing setting. Experience working within the seafood industry would be an advantage.
• Extensive knowledge of auditing, quality standards and systems, quality management techniques such as HACCP, Statistical Process Control and knowledge of food legislation and legal procedures.
• Ability to work to strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment is essential.
• You must strong interpersonal and communication skills, being able to work on your own initiative and also as part of a team, leading by example.
• Experience of managing projects, managing people and colleagues to achieve results is essential. • You must have good IT skills and report writing skills, in particular a good grasp of Microsoft Office
• Experience working with retailers and their audit requirements.
• Experience working and implementing food safety management systems that comply with GFSI standards including BRC and IFS.
Remuneration package will be in line with industry standards and will depend on experience.
How to apply
Applications by email only to email@example.com
Closing date for applications Friday 02nd June at 17:00