A Garda and three nightclub bouncers were stabbed when a man went berserk outside a Letterkenny nightclub.
The incident took place in the early hours of this morning outside Voodoo Nightclub.
It is believed a man was refused entry to the nightclub and began to cause a disturbance.
Gardai were called and the man then produced a knife.
A Garda was stabbed in the arm while another bouncer was treated for a stab wound to the leg.
It is not believed any of their injuries are life-threatening.
A Garda spokesman confirmed four people including a Garda were stabbed.
The stabbing frenzy took place as hundreds of people socialised on the streets of the town during the Letterkenny Live Festival.
Earlier in the evening musician Ryan Sheridan has entertained hundreds of people on the town’s Oliver Plunkett Road as part of the festival.
The night had passed off without any major incidents as Gardai patrolled the streets.
Gardai confirmed a many as arrested and was being questioned at Letterkenny Garda station.
The Mayor of Letterkenny, Cllr Gerry McMonagle, who opened the festival, told Donegaldaily.com he would not like the wrong image of the event to go out.
“The festival was a wonderful success and I had appealed to people to enjoy themselves without drinking too much.
“However that message is never going to get through to some individuals.
“I sincerely hope that the Garda and the bouncers are okay and this should never have happened when all they were doing was their jobs,” he said.
More from Donegal Daily
- LETTERKENNY MAN CHARGED WITH ASSAULT AFTER FOUR STABBED OUTSIDE NIGHTCLUB A man has been charged in connection with Sunday morning’s vicious attack in which four people were stabbed outside a Letterkenny nightclub.
John Boyle of Leck Cottages, Oldtown, Letterkenny appeared at Mullingar District Court this morning.
The 46 year old was charged with four […]
- DONEGAL GARDA GETS €45,000 AFTER BEING STABBED OUTSIDE LETTERKENNY NIGHTCLUB A Donegal Garda sergeant has been awarded a total of €45,000 after he was attacked outside a Letterkenny nightclub.
Sgt Aidan Doherty was stabbed by a man using a Stanley knife.
The Garda feared he was going to bleed to death, the High Court in Dublin has heard.
Sgt Aidan […]
- MAN SENT FOR TRIAL FOLLOWING GARDA STABBING OUTSIDE NIGHTCLUB A man has been sent forward for trial after an attack in which a Garda was stabbed and three nightclub bouncer injured in Letterkenny.
John Boyle appeared at Letterkenny District Court and was sent forward for trial at the next sitting of Letterkenny Circuit Court on January […]
- VOODOO OWNERS “SHOCKED AND APPALLED” BY KNIFE ATTACK OUTSIDE THEIR PREMISES The owners of a bar outside which a Garda and three doormen were stabbed have described the incident as “a savage and unprovoked attacked.”
Jason and Sharon Black, the owners of Voodoo Nightclub in Letterkenny, said they are appalled by what had happened to their staff and to a […]
- FORMER GARDA SERGEANT GRIPPED STEERING WHEEL AFTER SUSPECTED DRUNK-DRIVING INCIDENT A former Garda Sergeant gripped his steering wheel and refused to get out of his car when stopped for suspected drunk-driving.
A special sitting of Letterkenny District Court yesterday heard how it took three Gardai to get Jack Conaty out of his car.
The court heard how Conaty, a […]
- GARDAI MAKE PROGRESS IN TRAGIC TORY INVESTIGATION AFTER NIGHTCLUB APPEAL Gardai have confirmed they have made significant progress into the unexplained death of teenager Tory Johnston.
The 17 year old Leaving Cert pupil collapsed and died after attending the Voodoo nightclub in Letterkenny in the early hours of Wednesday morning last.
Tory suffered […]
- MEN ARRESTED AFTER GARDAI PURSUE VAN NEAR BORDER Gardai are remaining tight-lipped about an incident in Bridgend today in which three men were arrested.
It follows an incident in which a white van was pursued by a number of Garda cars towards the border.
It is understood up to six Garda cars, including two unmarked patrol cars, […]
- MAN HOSPITALISED AFTER BEING STABBED THREE TIMES A young man is recovering after being stabbed THREE times in Letterkenny today.
The man, who is in his early 20s, was attacked in the Long Lane area of the town.
He was rushed to Letterkenny General Hospital for treatment.
However, after being treated, the man was released […]
- MAN WHO STABBED PAL IN CHEST AFTER FOOTBALL GAME WALKS FREE A man who stabbed his friend in the chest after they had watched a football game together has walked free from court.
Joseph Boyle, 21, appeared at Letterkenny Circuit Court yesterday charged with a Section 3 assault.
Boyle admitted stabbing his friend Dylan Loughlin with a […]
- JUDGE PRAISES NIGHTCLUB STAFF AFTER THREE BROTHERS INVOLVED IN ATTACK ON DJ A DJ at a popular nightclub says he has no doubt he would have been seriously hurt but for the swift actions of security staff after he was attacked by three brothers.
DJ Kevin Lennon was working at Voodoo Nightclub in Letterkenny when he opened a door to assist staff in ejecting […]
- LETTERKENNY MAN TO APPEAR IN COURT ON NIGHTCLUB STABBING CHARGES A Letterkenny man will appear in court today in connection with the stabbing of four people including a Garda outside a local nightclub.
John Boyle of Leck Cottages, Oldtown, Letterkenny, was released on bail at a previous sitting to appear at Letterkenny District Court this […]
- ‘TORY LIVED FOR FASHION, MAKE-UP AND SCHOOL’ – HEARTBROKEN UNCLE An uncle of tragic Letterkenny teenager Tory Johnston has paid a touching tribute to the 17 year old who died in tragic circumstances this week.
Well-known local Garda Sergeant Joe Dorrian said Tory was a fun-loving and intelligent girl with her whole life ahead of her.
- MAN CHARGED WITH KNIFE ATTACK ON DONEGAL PENSIONER
A MAN has appeared in court charged with the knife attack on pensioner Patrick McLoughlin which has left him fighting for his life in hospital.
The 73-year-old was stabbed at his home on Convent Road in Carndonagh on Friday night last.
Lee Mitchell, who is 33 and has an address […]
- SUSPENDED PRISON SENTENCE FOR MAN WHO STABBED PAL NINE TIMES WITH KITCHEN KNIFE A MAN who suffered an appalling childhood and went on to stab a friend nine times in a frenzied attack using a 10 inch kitchen knife has been given a suspended prison sentence after a judge heard how he was trying to rebuild his life.
Daniel 'Skippy' McLaughlin, from Glentogher […]
- MAN IN SERIOUS CONDITION AFTER BEING STABBED IN LETTERKENNY A man is in a serious but stable condition in hospital after being stabbed in Letterkenny.
The attack took place in the Meadowbank area of the town in the early hours of this morning.
The man was rushed by ambulance to Letterkenny General Hospital where he is being treated.
- 5 HELD AS GARDAÍ SHUT DOWN TWO MORE LETTERKENNY BROTHELS FIVE more people have been detained by Gardaí investigating prostitution in Letterkenny.
Donegal Daily can reveal that this time a man suspected of using one of two brothels in the town was also arrested. He was naked when he was found by Gardaí.
The four others were suspected […]
- PASTOR CLAIMS CASH SEIZED IN HUMAN TRAFFICKING PROBE IS FROM HIS CONGREGATION
A religious pastor who had €840 seized by Gardai as part of an investigation into Human Trafficking claims the cash came from donations made by members of his church in Letterkenny.
Nicolaie Cirpaci, applied to have the cash returned to him under the Garda Property Act at […]
- FATHER-OF-FOUR APPEARS IN COURT CHARGED WITH SERIOUS ASSAULT ON DOORMAN A married father-of-four has appeared at Letterkenny District Court charged with a serious assault on a local doorman.
Ian Balfour, 36, was out on a stag party in Letterkenny at the weekend when the alleged incident happened.
Balfour, a part-time farmer, appeared in court wearing a […]
- SUSPECT QUIZZED AFTER MAN GOES BESERK IN BOTTLE ATTACKS GARDAÍ have arrested a man as part of an investigation into several incidents in which a man launched several bids to hit people with a bottle.
The incident happened in the early hours of this morning in Letterkenny.
Two men were injured when they were hit with a broken bottle, one […]
- DONEGAL MAN SENT FORWARD FOR TRIAL OVER SERIOUS NIGHTCLUB ASSAULTS A Letterkenny man has been sent forward for trial in connection with an alleged assault outside a nightclub in which four people including a Garda were seriously injured.
The Director of Public Prosecutions has said John Boyle must appear before a judge and jury at Letterkenny […]