A Garda and three nightclub bouncers were stabbed when a man went berserk outside a Letterkenny nightclub.
The incident took place in the early hours of this morning outside Voodoo Nightclub.
It is believed a man was refused entry to the nightclub and began to cause a disturbance.
Gardai were called and the man then produced a knife.
A Garda was stabbed in the arm while another bouncer was treated for a stab wound to the leg.
It is not believed any of their injuries are life-threatening.
A Garda spokesman confirmed four people including a Garda were stabbed.
The stabbing frenzy took place as hundreds of people socialised on the streets of the town during the Letterkenny Live Festival.
Earlier in the evening musician Ryan Sheridan has entertained hundreds of people on the town’s Oliver Plunkett Road as part of the festival.
The night had passed off without any major incidents as Gardai patrolled the streets.
Gardai confirmed a many as arrested and was being questioned at Letterkenny Garda station.
The Mayor of Letterkenny, Cllr Gerry McMonagle, who opened the festival, told Donegaldaily.com he would not like the wrong image of the event to go out.
“The festival was a wonderful success and I had appealed to people to enjoy themselves without drinking too much.
“However that message is never going to get through to some individuals.
“I sincerely hope that the Garda and the bouncers are okay and this should never have happened when all they were doing was their jobs,” he said.
More from Donegal Daily
- GARDAI MAKE PROGRESS IN TRAGIC TORY INVESTIGATION AFTER NIGHTCLUB APPEAL Gardai have confirmed they have made significant progress into the unexplained death of teenager Tory Johnston.
The 17 year old Leaving Cert pupil collapsed and died after attending the Voodoo nightclub in Letterkenny in the early hours of Wednesday morning last.
Tory suffered […]
- MAN HOSPITALISED AFTER BEING STABBED THREE TIMES A young man is recovering after being stabbed THREE times in Letterkenny today.
The man, who is in his early 20s, was attacked in the Long Lane area of the town.
He was rushed to Letterkenny General Hospital for treatment.
However, after being treated, the man was released […]
- JUDGE PRAISES NIGHTCLUB STAFF AFTER THREE BROTHERS INVOLVED IN ATTACK ON DJ A DJ at a popular nightclub says he has no doubt he would have been seriously hurt but for the swift actions of security staff after he was attacked by three brothers.
DJ Kevin Lennon was working at Voodoo Nightclub in Letterkenny when he opened a door to assist staff in ejecting […]
- MAN WHO STABBED PAL IN CHEST AFTER FOOTBALL GAME WALKS FREE A man who stabbed his friend in the chest after they had watched a football game together has walked free from court.
Joseph Boyle, 21, appeared at Letterkenny Circuit Court yesterday charged with a Section 3 assault.
Boyle admitted stabbing his friend Dylan Loughlin with a […]
- MAN CHARGED WITH KNIFE ATTACK ON DONEGAL PENSIONER
A MAN has appeared in court charged with the knife attack on pensioner Patrick McLoughlin which has left him fighting for his life in hospital.
The 73-year-old was stabbed at his home on Convent Road in Carndonagh on Friday night last.
Lee Mitchell, who is 33 and has an address […]
- 5 HELD AS GARDAÍ SHUT DOWN TWO MORE LETTERKENNY BROTHELS FIVE more people have been detained by Gardaí investigating prostitution in Letterkenny.
Donegal Daily can reveal that this time a man suspected of using one of two brothels in the town was also arrested. He was naked when he was found by Gardaí.
The four others were suspected […]
- PASTOR CLAIMS CASH SEIZED IN HUMAN TRAFFICKING PROBE IS FROM HIS CONGREGATION
A religious pastor who had €840 seized by Gardai as part of an investigation into Human Trafficking claims the cash came from donations made by members of his church in Letterkenny.
Nicolaie Cirpaci, applied to have the cash returned to him under the Garda Property Act at […]
- CASUALTIES RUSHED TO HOSPITAL AFTER SERIOUS ROAD TRAFFIC CRASH THREE people have been taken to hospital after a serious road traffic accident.
Ambulance personnel and gardai attended the scene of the incident between Lurgybrack and Drumkeen on the main Letterkenny to Stranorlar road.
A car and a van were involved in the crash.
Three people […]
- POST MORTEM ON TORY UNABLE TO FIND A CAUSE OF DEATH BREAKING NEWS: A post mortem into the death of tragic Letterkenny girl Tory Johnston has been unable to find a cause of death.
The post mortem was carried out this afternoon by assistant State Pathologist Dr Michael Curtis.
Garda Inspector Pat O'Donnell has confirmed to Donegal […]
- LEADING DONEGAL GARDA RETIRES AFTER DISTINGUISHED CAREER One of Donegal’s most senior and highly-respected Gardai has retired.
Inspector Sylvie Henry left the force this week after a long and distinguished career.
Inspector Henry, who lives in Letterkenny, was a member of the force for more than 30 years.
He was based in Letterkenny […]
- MAN STABBED BOY WITH SCISSORS AFTER HIS BIKE WAS STOLEN DURING ROW A man who had his bicycle stolen during an altercation with a number of youths returned to the incident and stabbed a 14 year old boy with a pair of scissors.
Vincent Doherty (45) appeared at Letterkenny Circuit Court charged with producing an article capable of causing serious […]
- WIDESPREAD SADNESS AT SUDDEN PASSING OF FORMER DONEGAL GARDA SERGEANT There has been much shock, sadness and disbelief following the death of former Donegal-based Garda Sarah Hargadon.
Sgt Hargadon was based in Letterkenny for many years and was very well thought-of by the many people whose lives she touched.
Sarah, who was known for her elegance […]
- MAN ARRESTED AND DRUGS SEIZED IN LETTERKENNY GARDA OPERATION GARDAÍ have arrested one man and are continuing investigations after a drugs bust in Letterkenny.
One apartment was searched and ecstasy tablets, speed and cannabis seized.
The suspect was taken to Letterkenny Garda station for questioning.
The seized drugs will be analysed by […]
- BREAKING NEWS: GARDAÍ, FIRE AND AMBULANCE CREWS AT SCENE OF SERIOUS ROAD TRAFFIC INCIDENT BREAKING NEWS: SEVEN ambulance crews and several fire appliances are at the scene of a serious road traffic collision.
The two car crash happened in the past half hour on the Ramelton to Letterkenny road, close to the turn off for Donnelly's garage - less than 1km from the Silver […]
- EMERGENCY SERVICES AT SCENE OF SERIOUS ACCIDENT UPDATED: A young boy is being treated at Letterkenny General Hospital following this afternoon's incident close to the Aura Leisure Centre.
The boy was injured when he was struck by a car as he crossed the road.
It is understood the boy has suffered at least one fracture.
- WOMAN HAD TO DRIVE GARDA TO HER BURGLED HOME BECAUSE NO PATROL CAR AVAILABLE A Donegal woman whose house was burgled had to drive a Garda to her home because he didn’t have access to a patrol car.
The woman arrived to find her home in Manorcunningham wrecked after it had been entered by burglars.
The woman contacted her husband who told her to contact the […]
- MAN OFFERED FREE ‘HOLIDAY’ BY JUDGE IF HE RETURNS TO DONEGAL! An Englishman who failed to appear in court after damaging a Garda patrol will be given “a free holiday” if he returns to Donegal.
Shane Summerhayes of 25 Gilbey’s Yard, Camden in London had appeared at Letterkenny District Court charged with causing €400 of damage to the car at […]
- INVESTIGATION LAUNCHED INTO HORRIFIC GARDA BITING INCIDENT AN investigation has been launched into how a Donegal Garda suffered bites during a vicious unprovoked attack.
The female Garda was left traumatised after the incident as she escorted a female prisoner to Donegal Town court house.
Donegal Daily has learned the Garda had to receive […]
- MAN TOLD GARDA HE WOULD BITE HIS NOSE OFF AFTER BEING EJECTED FROM PUB A drunken thug told a Garda he would bite his nose off his face when he was ejected from a pub.
Owen Orr, who has 31 previous convictions, appeared before Letterkenny District Court this morning.
Inspector Goretti Sheridan told the court that Orr, 20, had been ejected from […]
- COMMUNITY SERVICE FOR MAN WHO HEAD-BUTTED GARDA AND TRIED TO BITE HIM A MAN WHO tried to bite a Garda and then head-butted him has been given a community service order at Letterkenny District Court.
Stephen Harper, from 12 Ardmhuillean in Convoy, appeared in court on a number of charges in relation to incidents in February, April and May last […]