GOVERNMENT minister Leo Varadkar was heckled and booed when he arrived at a Letterkenny hotel last night.
Protestors on a range of issues decided to picket the Station House Hotel where the Transport minister was attending a Fine Gael function.
In this video news report from Shane Wallace of Wallace Media, both sides get their say including interviews with protestors and the Minister.
Click to play. >
© 2012 donegaldaily.com, all Rights Reserved. Video content © Wallace Media.
The copying, republication or redistribution of donegaldaily.com Content, including by framing or similar means, is expressly prohibited by law.
More from Donegal Daily
- DDTV: WATCH VIDEO OF BRONX ST PATRICK’S DAY PARADE – AND ITS DONEGAL CONNECTIONS DONEGAL'S connections in the Bronx, New York, have been celebrated with the annual Throggs Neck St. Patrick's Day Parade. Filmed by Shane Wallace of Wallace Media for donegaldaily.com it includes interviews with the head marshalls and a certain Sgt McCormack of […]
- EXTRA €450,000 FOR DONEGAL FOOTPATHS – TD Minister of State, Dinny McGinley, T.D. has been informed by the Minister for Transport, Tourism & Sport, Leo Varadkar, T.D. that an additional road allocation of E450,000 by the N.R.A. has been made for pavement works this year, covering a distance of 2km on the N56 route. This […]
- COCKHILL BRIDGE ACTION GROUP LAUNCH SCATHING ATTACK ON POLITICIANS THE Cockhill Bridge Action Group has launched a scathing attack on local politicians after the met Minister Pascal Donohoe last week. The group says the minister's rejection of a new for a new bridge was a damning indictment of the local councillors who met him. "The minister […]
- ARRANMORE ISLAND TO GET ITS OWN AMBULANCE SERVICE Islanders on Arranmore are to get their own ambulance service in time for Christmas. Fine Gael Minister of State Joe McHugh TD, “Following a conversation with the Office of the Department of Health this afternoon, I wish to confirm that Aranmore will receive an ambulance later this […]
- DDTV: WATCH EXCLUSIVE DONEGAL TV INTERVIEW WITH DONEGAL MANAGER RORY GALLAGHER DDTV: Donegal TV dropped in on the Donegal GAA senior squad to check up on preparations for their Ulster SFC quarter-final clash with Armagh. Donegal face Armagh in what promises to be a cracking clash between two sides with a lot of history over the last decade. Charlie […]
- DDTV: WATCH VIDEO OF DANIEL O’DONNELL’S CIVIC RECEPTION DDTV: Daniel O'Donnell was awarded the Freedom of Donegal today. And Shane Wallace from Wallace Media was there to record the events. Click our video to watch highlights.
- CRIME ALERT: GARDAI HUNT GANG USING SCAM TO CON ELDERLY Gardai are hunting a gang disguised as Gardai and calling on the homes of elderly people pretending to be checking forged money. The gang have already called to a number of homes in the Glenfin area of the county. The two man gang, who were dressed in suits, pretended to be […]
- GOVERNMENT ACCUSED AS DONEGAL ELECTION CANDIDATE LANDS QUANGO JOB THE Fine Gael/Labour coalition has been accused of cronyism...just like the last government after a former Donegal election candidate was appointed to a quango. Siobhan McLaughlin, a Labour candidate here in the past, has been appointed to the board of Pobal. She is one of more […]
- ANGER AS DONEGAL COMMUNITY GROUPS AXED FROM RURAL TRANSPORT NETWORK Donegal Deputy Charlie McConalogue has voiced his strong opposition to the Government’s plans to axe the Rural Transport Network, describing the move as ‘another attack on rural Ireland’. The Fianna Fáil TD was reacting to reports that the Minister for Transport Leo Varadkar plans to […]
- FINE GAEL MEET TO ADDRESS KEY ISSUES ACROSS INISHOWEN Fine Gael in Inishowen have held one of their largest District Meetings in many years. A number of key issues were discussed at the meeting. Minister of State, Joe McHugh, attended the meeting and here he outlines the issues he says are being addressed locally on the […]
- ANGER AT SHOCKING 26-MONTH WAITING LISTS FOR DIABETES PATIENTS IN DONEGAL Donegal Sinn Féin TD, Padraig Mac Lochlainn has called on the Minister for Health, Leo Varadkar and management at the Saolta Hospital Group that oversee Letterkenny General Hospital to ensure the appointment of a second permanent, full-time endocrinologist team to tackle the long […]
- SECOND BREAST CONSULTANT SURGEON APPOINTED TO LETTERKENNY HOSPITAL LETTERKENNY hospital is to get a new consultant breast surgeon, TD Joe McHugh has said. The Fine Gael minister told Donegal Daily: “I have received confirmation today from the Minister for Health, Leo Varadkar’s office, that the HSE will be introducing a new Consultant breast […]
- HEALTH MINISTER HECKLED DURING VISIT TO LETTERKENNY HOSPITAL PROTESTORS got within a few feet of the Minister for Health Leo Varadkar during his Letterkenny General Hospital today and heckled him over health cuts. During the visit the Minister met with management and staff at the hospital and formally opened the new catering unit and dining […]
- MINISTER ADMITS WAITING LISTS WILL GET WORSE AS 2,441 WAIT FOR MORE THAN YEAR IN DONEGAL Donegal North East deputy Charlie McConalogue says patients in Donegal are being failed by the lack of Government action in tackling hospital waiting lists in the region - after he obtained shocking new waiting list figures. The latest figures from the HSE reveal that 2,441 people […]
- MAYOR OF LETTERKENNY CLAIMS HE HAS BEEN SNUBBED BY MINISTER VARADKAR The Mayor of Letterkenny has slammed Minister for Health for snubbing local public representatives during his visit to the town today. Cllr Gerry McMonagle, who is also a member of the Regional Health Forum West, told Donegal Daily he received no invitation to Minister Leo […]
- DOHERTY ACCUSES GOVERNMENT OVER ‘FAILURE’ TO MODERNISE BANKRUPTCY LAWS DONEGAL TD Pearse Doherty has accused the government of failing to address the issue of reducing the term of bankruptcy from three years to one. He said the Justice Committee’s recommendation to create a one year bankruptcy system has been sitting on the Minister’s desk for four […]
- MOST CREEPER BURGLARIES IN DONEGAL TAKE PLACE WHEN OCCUPANTS AT HOME A significant proportion of creeper burglaries take place when the occupants are at home Sgt. Paul Wallace, Crime Prevention Unit in the Donegal Division has revealed. Sgt Wallace revealed the stark statistic at the ‘Safe@Home’ Security Seminar hosted by Bluebird Care in […]
- COUNCILLOR CALLS ON SINN FEIN TO RULE OUT COALITION WITH FIANNA FAIL Micheál Cholm Mac Giolla Easbuig has called on Sinn Féin to rule out coalition with Fianna Fail after the next election. It follows comments from Padraig Mac Lochlainn TD on social media that he would be prepared to be part of a government with Fianna Fail under certain […]
- DDTV: DONEGAL STUDENT MAKES FIFTY SHADES OF GREY ELECTION VIDEO DDTV: A Donegal student has created a clever, funny and (clean) version of Fifty Shades of Grey for his upcoming election campaign. Domhnaill Harkin, a final-year Law student at DCU is running for Welfare Officer and is currently on the campaign trail. He and his election team […]
- TD GIVES ST CATHERINE’S PUPILS TOUR OF OIREACHTAS Deputy Thomas Pringle arranged a tour of the Dáil for Teacher’s and Pupils of St. Catherine’s Vocational School, Killybegs. The Deputy personally met them and brought them on the tour explained the whole history of Leinster House and how it became the Houses of the Oireachtas. The […]