GOVERNMENT minister Leo Varadkar was heckled and booed when he arrived at a Letterkenny hotel last night.
Protestors on a range of issues decided to picket the Station House Hotel where the Transport minister was attending a Fine Gael function.
In this video news report from Shane Wallace of Wallace Media, both sides get their say including interviews with protestors and the Minister.
Click to play. >
© 2012 donegaldaily.com, all Rights Reserved. Video content © Wallace Media.
The copying, republication or redistribution of donegaldaily.com Content, including by framing or similar means, is expressly prohibited by law.
More from Donegal Daily
- ‘VARADKAR WON’T INCREASE COMMUNITY GRANTS TO COVER RISE IN MINIMUM WAGE COST’ DONEGAL Deputy Pearse Doherty has today criticised the new Minister for Social Protection Leo Varadkar for his refusal to, at the very least, link state contributions paid to community and social enterprises to minimum wage rates in future. Deputy Doherty’s remarks come following […]
- A5 ROAD ROW: McHUGH SAYS IT WILL GO AHEAD…BUT NOT YET FINE GAEL TD Joe McHugh has hit back at claims that the A5 road project has been scrapped - insisting that it will go ahead eventually. The Donegal North East deputy issued a statement insisting the coalition government is committed to the project. News that funding is being […]
- SINN FEIN NOMINATE PADRAIG Mac LOCHLAINN TO SEANAD Sinn Féin has nominated Pádraig Mac Lochlainn for the Seanad. He will contest a seat on the Industrial and Commercial Panel for the party. Speaking after his nomination, he said he was honoured to have received a Sinn Féin nomination for the Seanad. "I narrowly lost my Dáil […]
- MORE THAN 60 NEW JOBS ANNOUNCED FOR LETTERKENNY SCIENCE PARK More than 60 new high-end jobs will be created at Letterkenny's new €4.5M Science Park at the Letterkenny Institute of Technology. Details of the investment were announced this morning by Minister for Enterprise, Jobs and Innovation, Richard Bruton, who is visiting the […]
- DDTV: WATCH VIDEO OF BRONX ST PATRICK’S DAY PARADE – AND ITS DONEGAL CONNECTIONS DONEGAL'S connections in the Bronx, New York, have been celebrated with the annual Throggs Neck St. Patrick's Day Parade. Filmed by Shane Wallace of Wallace Media for donegaldaily.com it includes interviews with the head marshalls and a certain Sgt McCormack of […]
- ALMOST €500,000 SPENT GETTING DONEGAL ROADS READY FOR UPGRADING THAT MAY NEVER HAPPEN Up to €500,000 may have already been spent on road projects in Donegal that may never now go ahead. The money has already been spent on a host of scheduled services including surveys, compulsory purchase of lands, mapping, engineering reports and environmental impact […]
- EXTRA €450,000 FOR DONEGAL FOOTPATHS – TD Minister of State, Dinny McGinley, T.D. has been informed by the Minister for Transport, Tourism & Sport, Leo Varadkar, T.D. that an additional road allocation of E450,000 by the N.R.A. has been made for pavement works this year, covering a distance of 2km on the N56 route. This […]
- FINE GAEL NEED TO TELL BOSSES TO GIVE COCKHILL BRIDGE GO-AHEAD – Mac LOCHLAINN Donegal TD Pádraig Mac Lochlainn has called on Fine Gael elected representatives in the county to clarify what understanding they have been given by their Government colleagues after the latest response from the Minister for Transport, Leo Varadkar on Cockhill Bridge outside […]
- MCCONALOGUE – ‘GOVERNMENT REFUSING TO FUND COCKHILL BRIDGE PROJECT’ Fianna Fáil Deputy Charlie McConalogue has demanded additional funding for key infrastructure projects in Donegal, including a new bridge at Cockhill, Buncrana. The Donegal Deputy put the Cockhill Bridge project firmly back on the agenda after raising the matter with the […]
- COCKHILL CROSSING IS A BRIDGE TOO FAR FOR MINISTER – CLAIM Buncrana Cllr Ciaran McLaughlin has said Transport Minister, Leo Varadkar has further questions to answer on Cockhill Bridge after the Minister claimed Donegal County Council had not applied for funding for a new bridge since 2010. In an email received from senior officials in […]
- DDTV: SPECIAL VIDEO TO MARK ENDA NICHOLLS SUCCESS AS BUSINESS PERSON OF THE YEAR TOP Letterkenny businessman Enda Nicholls has been named Business Person of the Year. This is a special video from Wallace Media about the man - and his business. Click to play >
- CLLR DOHERTY SLAMS CAR INSURANCE PREMIUM HIKES IN DONEGAL Sinn Féin Councillor Gary Doherty has strongly criticised both the insurance industry and the last Government following reports from Donegal motorists that insurance premiums have risen by as much as 40 per cent in twelve months. Recent figures released from the CSO’s Consumer […]
- DDTV: WATCH OFFICIAL LAUNCH OF THE DONEGAL INTERNATIONAL RALLY 2015 DDTV: It's just over ONE week now until the start of the highly anticipated 2015 Donegal International Rally. The Rally is one of the biggest economic boosts for Donegal during the entire year and is an event which continues to grow every single year. Tens of thousands of […]
- CALL FOR NEW LIFFORD-STRABANE BRIDGE THE NORTH'S Regional Development Minister Danny Kennedy has been called on to show “real commitment” to the new A5 road’s project by proceeding with the building of the new bridge across the Finn at the Strabane-Lifford crossing. SDLP MLA Joe Byrne made the call following a statement […]
- NEWTOWNCUNNINGHAM ‘VULNERABLE’ AS GARDA NUMBERS HALVED Donegal North East Fianna Fáil TD Charlie McConalogue has criticised Minister for Justice Alan Shatter for refusing to provide any clarity on the future of Newtowncunningham Garda station. Deputy McConalogue said, "It is unacceptable that the Government is providing no information […]
- MINISTER MUST GIVE TIMEFRAME ON CHILDREN’S RIGHTS REFERENDUM – McCONALOGUE Fianna Fáil spokesperson on Children Charlie McConalogue TD has repeated his calls for a commitment from the Minister for Children on a time frame for the Referendum on Children’s Rights. The Donegal North East TD has urged Minister Frances Fitzgerald to use her attendance at the Early […]
- COCKHILL BRIDGE ACTION GROUP LAUNCH SCATHING ATTACK ON POLITICIANS THE Cockhill Bridge Action Group has launched a scathing attack on local politicians after the met Minister Pascal Donohoe last week. The group says the minister's rejection of a new for a new bridge was a damning indictment of the local councillors who met him. "The minister […]
- DONEGAL TD’S ANGER AS MOBILITY ALLOWANCE AXED Thomas Pringle TD has slammed the government’s decision to slash the Mobility Allowance Scheme and the Motorised Transport Grant Scheme, describing it as “an atrocity targeting yet again some of the most vulnerable in our society”. “Following the decision of the government to slash […]
- DDTV – DONEGAL TURNS OUT TO DEBATE THE FISCAL TREATY There was no holding back when dozens of people turned up at a debate on the European Fiscal Treaty in Inishowen last night. Our friends in Wallace Media were there to bring you this news feature with former President of the European Parliament Pat Cox and Donegal […]
- EXCITEMENT BUILDING FOR DONEGAL ASSOCIATION’S GALA BALL Preparations are well under way in Dublin for the Annual Gala Ball when Deirdre McGlone from the famous Harvey’s Point in Lough Eske will be awarded the 2015 Donegal Person of the Year. The event is taking place on the 5th of March in The Regency Hotel and a large crowd is expected to […]