THE GAA slogan says that you can’t beat being there.
And you really can’t.
For those of you who couldn’t make it to Croke Park on Sunday, the good people at jacksonsmediatv took along a video camera.
And this view from the Hogan Stand (must be loaded!) is worth watching.
There’s even a cameo role later on from Seamus Coleman!
Click to play.
More from Donegal Daily
- DELIGHT FOR SCOIL MHUIRE BUNCRANA AS THEY WIN ALL-IRELAND FUTSAL TITLE SOCCER: The outstanding Scoil Mhuire Buncrana First Year Girls team have incredibly won the All Ireland Futsal Final! Scoil Mhuire won the All Iteland today in the basketball arena Tallaght in an exciting day of sport. They played the other THREE provincial winners twice in the […]
- LAST FEW TICKETS FOR CROKER – GET DETAILS HERE SOME retail outlets have the last few tickets left for Sunday's match at Croke Park. Kelly's Centra at Mountain Top in Letterkenny have 25 tickets left for the Nally Stand. Supervalu in Dungloe, Donegal Town and Ballybofey have a few Lower Hogan Stand tickets left. You won't get […]
- DONAL’S ROMANTIC LOUGH SWILLY SNAP GETS THE 3e THUMBS UP TAKE a bow Donal Kearney. Your incredible picture of Lough Swilly in the fine spring sunshine was the feature pic on the 3e forecast this evening. And it was so good forecaster Deric Ó h'Artagáin made sure it was seen by his viewers. So here's a pic of Deric with your pic Donal!
- AND THE WINNER OF OUR 2 ALL IRELAND TICKETS WAS… ANNE-Marie Doherty from Buncrana. She told us tonight that she had been to all of the games this year - but didn't have a ticket to the final. The 18-year-old was delighted. She gets her tickets from the good people at Donegal Creameries later today.
- PICTURE SPECIAL: MORE SNAPS FROM A MEMORABLE DAY AT MAC CUMHAILL PARK THE Sean Mac Cumhaills GAA club in Ballybofey were excellent hosts today as the Donegal Senior and Minor teams met their fans at an open day. Here are some more pictures from today.
- DDTV VIDEO: DONEGAL BUS PRANK GOES VIRAL ON INTERNET GLENCOLMCILLE man Adrian Byrne didn't realise it at the time. But a prank played on him by friends has turned him into an internet sensation. Almost 15,000 people have now watched how a sleeping Adrian was disturbed by prankster friends on a bus. Click […]
- DDTV: WATCH VIDEO OF McGUINNESS V McGEENEY IN CYNICAL FOULS ROW KILDARE'S cynical attempts to influence the referee ahead of Saturday's clash with Donegal backfired spectacularly - when it was Kildare who were guilty of cynical fouling. In this video Donegal manager Jim McGuinness tells the Sunday Game what he thinks of it - with a response […]
- DONEGAL FANS BASH THE BOOKIES IN MILLION EURO WINDFALL DONEGAL fans have bashed the country's bookies - pocketing more than ONE MILLION euro in winnings. Even Paddy Power admitted they paid out more than TWO HUNDRED THOUSAND EURO alone to fans given brilliant odds before yesterday's stunning win over Dublin. Just two weeks ago […]
- DDTV: SKIING TODAY IN DONEGAL – THE VIDEO! DDTV VIDEO: IT'S not something you'll see that often in Co Donegal - people skiing! But on Sunday Glackmore Mountain above Muff, ski and outdoors all-rounder Bren Whelan did just that. He didn't have as much snow to play with as last year. But Bren - director of […]
- DDTV VIDEO: IS THIS WOMAN DONEGAL’S LOUDEST FAN? WHOEVER she is, she's certainly causing something of a stir on the internet. But the screaming Donegal fan in this video clip certainly has her voice heard as she roars on her home county team at Croke Park on Sunday. More than 3,000 people have already […]
- DDTV VIDEO: MURPHY STRIKE AGAINST MAYO NAMED GOAL OF THE CHAMPIONSHIP MICHAEL Murphy is tonight celebrating another accolade. His wonder strike against Mayo in last Sunday's All-Ireland final has been named 'Goal of the Championship' by the RTE Championship Matters show. You can watch the goal, banged home in the third minute of the […]
- JIM GETS HIS HANDS ON HIS NEW TOYOTA THERE can be no excuses for being late for Donegal manager Jim McGuinness next season (not that he ever was before). That's because the good people at Kelly's Toyota have donated a brand new Toyota Avensis to the football manager. And here he is - picking up the keys!
- DDTV: WATCH PHOTOGRAPHER’S STUNNING TIME-LAPSE OF LUNAR ECLIPSE Noel Keating spent a lot of time and effort catching the recent Lunar Eclipse in the skies above Donegal. His stunning short film which was captured using time-lapse photography on Rossnowlagh beach is well worth two minutes of your time. Simply click on the video to play.
- WHY NOT TROT ALONG TO THE LETTERKENNY HORSE AND PONY RACES? A large crowd is expected at the Big Isle in Manorcunningham for the annual Letterkenny Horse and Pony Races. But those thinking it's just about the horses should think again. There are prizes for the best-dress lady as well as a donkey derby and much, much more. Th first […]
- WOW! IS THIS DONEGAL’S MOST SPECTACULAR SUNSET SNAP? WE'VE had some stunning sunset pictures in Donegal this week. But we reckon this shot by Donal O Searcaigh this evening could just beat them all. It was taken at Inishfree Bay Lower....simply stunning. So good, we've published two wonderful versions.....
- COUNTDOWN TO CROKER – VIDEO INTERVIEW WITH JIM MCGUINNESS Donegal boss Jim McGuinness gives his verdict on Donegal's big clash with Kerry on Sunday. Simply click the video to play. With thanks to our friends at JacksonsMedia for the great interview.
- DONEGAL V MAYO CLASH SET FOR THIS SUNDAY After beating Laois earlier today to secure their place in the last eight, Donegal will now face Connacht champions Mayo as they continue their quest to retain their title. The game will take place at Croke Park on Sunday the 4th of August at 4pm. Ulster champions Monaghan have been […]
- DDTV: GO ON, LET’S GET ‘JIMMY’S WINNING MATCHES’ PAST ONE MILLION VIEWS! DDTV: It's two years since Rory Gallagher uploaded this video to YouTube, Donegal Daily shared it on social media...and the rest is history. Well not quite...Jimmy's Winning Matches has just past 914,000 views. Let's see if our great county and people from this county across […]
- DEAR JIM, THANK YOU AND GOOD LUCK DEAR Jim, Just wanted to say 'thank you'. Not everyone does that in life - say 'thank you'. But this county owes you so much; to a man who never gave in. Never gave up. For all the good times, thank you. People will feel gutted tonight; so disappointed. But you […]
- GAA NEWS: GAEIL FHÀNADA DEFEAT CLOUGHANEELY IN OPENING LEAGUE MATCH Gaeil Fhànada GAA Notes Gaeil Fhánada v Cloughaneely Gaeil Fhánada got their Division 2 league campaign off to a good start in Portsalon today with a victory against Cloughaneely in what turned out to be a good day for gaelic football in Portsalon. From throw in Gaeil Fhánada […]