The Kilcar man was working for RTE today and was pictured at full-time running to his son and giving him a huge hug.
McHugh Snr could be seen crying tears and speaking privately to his son.
Martin McHugh paid tribute to his lad and said he has had to become a footballer the hard way.
“It was never easy for him growing up and there was always a little pressure on him.
“He was always known as Martin’s McHughs son and I would like to think now that I will be known as Mark McHugh’s father,” said Martin.
More from Donegal Daily
- DELIGHT FOR MCHUGH FAMILY AS SLIGO IT PROGRESS IN SIGERSON CUP COMPETITION There was delight for Martin McHugh and his sons Ryan and Mark after their Sligo IT side defeated Queen's University Belfast in a thrilling contest played in atrocious weather conditions. Heavy snow and sub-zero temperatures in Belfast last night almost resulted in this crucial […]
- DONEGAL LEGEND MCHUGH REVEALS HEARTACHE BEHIND EMOTIONAL SCENES WITH SON MARK Donegal GAA legend Martin McHugh has revealed the heartache behind ‘that’ emotional moment with son Mark after the final whistle of Sunday’s All-Ireland final. Pictures of the Kilcar father and son hugging and crying with eachother have gone around the globe. Now Martin has […]
- FORGET SAM! DONEGAL STAR MARK GETS HIS HANDS ON THE SEOIGE SISTERS! LAST year he had his hands on the Sam Maguire. This All-Ireland weekend Donegal star Mark McHugh was in equally good company....with Grainne and Sile Seoige. And after getting a kiss off one of them, and his picture taken with both of them McHugh declared: "Sure what else would […]
- MARK McHUGH SAYS BROTHER RYAN WAS MAN OF THE MATCH – AND RTE AGREES! DONEGAL'S Ryan McHugh has been named the RTE Sunday Game/Supervalu Man of the Match. And the first to agree was his big brother Mark - in a Tweet from New York - which read: "Absolutely buzzin..! Might be a bit biased but for me @McHughRyan is my man of the match ..well done lads […]
- DONEGAL FANS MUST STOP HYPING UP TEAM SAYS MCHUGH AS HE TIPS KERRY TO WIN Donegal GAA legend Martin McHugh has tipped Kerry to beat Donegal in this Sunday’s crunch quarter final match at Croke Park. And the Kilcar pundit says Donegal fans have a lot to answer for by building up their team’s chances. Writing in today’s Irish Daily Star newspaper, McHugh […]
- MEATH MANAGER CALLS MARTIN McHUGH A ‘ONE-TRICK ANALYST’ FORMER Donegal footballer turned pundit Martin McHugh has felt the wrath of Meath Manager Mick O'Dowd. McHugh offered a rather bizarre explanation for his belief that Meath football was in big trouble, telling RTÉ Radio that the Royals problems all stem from the fact that the […]
- McHUGH SHOULD STAY OUT OF KILLARNEY AFTER ‘TWO-TRICK PONY’ REMARK – FORMER KERRY BOSS Former Kerry manager Jack O’Connor reckons Martin McHugh should steer clear of Killarney after he called Colm Cooper a "two-trick pony". McHugh made the comment RTE's The Sunday Game when comparing the attacking qualities of Cooper to Kerry forward James O’Donoghue who starred in […]
- DONEGAL SUPPORTERS CLUB TO HOST DISCUSSION FORUM AHEAD OF BIG CLASH WITH TYRONE Donegal GAA Supporters Club With the much anticipated championship encounter between Donegal and Tyrone fast approaching, the Donegal GAA Supporters Club are delighted to announce that they will be holding a Discussion Forum in An Grianan Theatre, Letterkenny on Wednesday 22nd May at […]
- McGUINNESS IS DONEGAL’S BEST-EVER MANAGER – McHUGH Former Donegal star and pundit Martin McHugh has hailed Jim McGuinness as Donegal’s best-ever manager. The Kilcar man, who has gone for Dublin to beat Donegal before the game, said the Glenties man got everything right against the Dubs at Croke Park yesterday. “You have to gibe […]
- McGUINNESS SHOULD HAVE FORMED A HUMAN CHAIN TO STOP McHUGH AT DEPARTURE GATE – HAYES Former Meath great Liam Hayes said Jim McGuinness should have formed a human barrier with his players to stop Mark McHugh getting on a flight to New York. The Kilcar playmaker left for the US this week as Donegal take on Antrim in the Ulster semi-final. Hayes expects Donegal to […]
- MASSIVE BOOST FOR DONEGAL AS MARK MCHUGH RETURNS TO TRAINING Donegal star Mark McHugh has returned to training with Donegal after he was left out of the squad for their Dr McKenna Cup campaign in January. Rory Gallagher revealed that McHugh was omitted from the squad and would be training on his own. However, he confirmed that McHugh […]
- SURPRISE AS MCHUGH RETURNS EARLY FROM NEW YORK Mark McHugh will come back from New York earlier than expected after it was disclosed that the Kilcar man will return to Ireland next week. His early return has prompted speculation that he may re-join the Donegal senior panel ahead of their All-Ireland semi-final clash with […]
- ALL-STAR McHUGH PACKS HIS BAGS FOR THE US Any hope Donegal were harboring of Mark McHugh lining out in this year’s All Ireland championship have disappeared as he boards a flight for America this morning. The Kilcar man will spend the summer in New York playing his football there. The 2012 All-Star stunned manager Jim […]
- BONNER AND MCHUGH RULE THEMSELVES OUT OF CONTENTION FOR DONEGAL JOB Declan Bonner and Martin McHugh have both ruled themselves out of contention for the vacant Donegal job following the departure of Jim McGuinness last week. Bonner was regarded as strong favourite for the post, after leading the Donegal minors to the Ulster title after victory […]
- FORGOTTEN DONEGAL WAR HERO GETS 21 GUN SALUTE A forgotten Donegal Medal of Honor winner and Civil War hero finally had his heroism acknowledged with a military ceremony and a 21 gun salute in a pre Memorial Day event in America. A crowd of nearly 300 attended and full military honors were given at the installation of a headstone […]
- MARK McHUGH TO BE SPECIAL GUEST AT FINAL SPARKS ROADSHOW Donegal star Mark McHugh and Open Sea swimmer Anne Marie Ward will be among the special guests at this Thursday’s final leg of the Donegal Youth Council SPARKS Mental Health roadshow in Donegal Town. The Donegal town leg of the “SPARKS” roadshow, which takes place in the Abbey […]
- RYAN MCHUGH – “IF HE’S WILLING TO COMMIT, I’D SAY RORY WILL TAKE HIM BACK, HE’S NOT A BAD PLAYER” Ryan McHugh believes new Donegal manager Rory Gallagher will take his brother Mark back into the county set-up if he's willing to commit. McHugh's decision to leave the panel after the Division Two League Final defeat to Monaghan at Croke Park last April sent shockwaves around the […]
- PADDY WALSH ON WEDNESDAY: ROWING TO RIO, HARPS’ BLUES AND TAKING BACK THE HILL BY PADDY WALSH: ROWING TO RIO – SINEAD GETS HER OAR IN FOR THE OLYMPICS Close to every day around the streets of Letterkenny, I’ll spot either Teresa or Michael Jennings out for their constitutionals. Not for them a short walk to the shop for the morning paper – they usually put […]
- SHOCK AS MARK McHUGH AND THREE OTHERS QUIT DONEGAL SQUAD Donegal All-Star forward Mark McHugh is one of four players who are understood to have sensationally left the county team. McHugh's shock departure comes less than a month before the county's Ulster Championship clash with Derry. No reason has been given for the departure of […]
- PLACES STILL AVAILABLE AT THE MICHAELA SUMMER CAMP IN STRANORLAR The Michaela Foundation Girls' Summer Camp is calling on Donegal girls aged between 11-13 to participate in their unique camp from July the 15th- 19th at St Mary's National School in Stranorlar. Their are still a number of places left so get booked up now!! Donegal star Mark McHugh […]