This Monday evening they will return home to the hills with Sam Maguire on board.
So in the meantime, thanks to all the players (and Shay Given for the bus pic!) for all the pictures.
And thanks for a brilliant day; for those of us privileged to be at Croke Park, for all who didn’t quite get there – and all of the Donegal clan around the globe.
Jimmy’s Winning Matches
More from Donegal Daily
- CHRISTY ‘UNITES’ WITH CO-WORKERS TO PREPARE FOR SAM – IN PICTURES Christy Toye can safely be described as a veteran of the current Donegal side. And yet the Creeslough man, despite only coming on for a few appearances, has supported Jim McGuinness from the start. And while Christy supported Jim over the last few months, Christy's workmates at […]
- IN MEMORY OF MARTINA: PICTURES FROM THE ARDARA CHARITY 10K Live for today. Love for today. Laugh louder today than yesterday. Those are the words of beautiful Tina Maguire before she passed away in January. Here are some pictures from her day in Ardara (thanks John Burke) on Saturday as more than a thousand people went out to raise money […]
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – FANAD PICTURES THE people of Fanad came out in their hundreds to make sure the Donegal team were given a warm welcome. Here are some of your pictures. Do you have more? Share them with Donegal fans at home and abroad. You can send yours to firstname.lastname@example.org
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – CREESLOUGH PICTURE SPECIAL THE people of Creeslough welcomed home the St Michael's heroes in style.
- PICTURE SPECIAL: THE SAM MAGUIRE STOPS OFF AT CARA HOUSE It has been 7 months since Donegal took Sam back to the hills, but there has been no respite in his popularity, with many still wanting their picture taken with the most famous trophy in Irish Sport. The staff in Cara House earlier this week finally got their chance to be snapped with Sam.
- DONEGAL MONUMENT AMONG TOP FIVE IN IRELAND Donegal’s Doon Fort is one of five monuments successful in Ireland’s first-ever Adopt a Monument national competition. More than 90 community groups around the country applied to adopt a monument through the scheme, which has been organised by the Heritage Council in conjunction […]
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – MILFORD PICTURE SPECIAL Milford may have one of Donegal's narrowest Main Streets but there was standing room only on it when the victorious Donegal football brought Sam to the town. More than 2,500 people crammed into the town to pay tribute to Jim McGuinness and the boys. Local schoolchildren were […]
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – DUNFANAGHY PICTURE SPECIAL A HUGE crowd of Donegal fans greeted the Heroes of 2012 when they arrived in Dunfanaghy on Wednesday evening. Local hero Colm McFadden helped carry the Sam Maguire down the main street. And like everywhere else on this remarkable journey across the county - a journey the […]
- CHARLIE CELEBRATES HIS 99TH BIRTHDAY WITH THE SAM MAGUIRE Charlie O'Donnell from Leaconnell, Ardara, is pictured celebrating his 99th birthday at the weekend - with the most famous trophy in the country. Charlie is also pictured with his 90 year old niece Mary Mooney from Brackey Ardara in the company of the Sam Maguire Cup.
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – STRAMORE NS, GLENDOWAN PICTURE SPECIAL He may be one of the stars of the Donegal GAA All-Ireland winning team. But to the pupils of Stramore National School in Glendowan, Frank McGlynn is much more than that. He is one of their favourite teachers and has been a huge influence on the children at the school. Here […]
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – DOWNINGS PICTURE SPECIAL THE GAA mad town of Downings turned out in style to welcome the Sam Maguire and the victorious Donegal team home. Richard Conneely was there for Donegal Daily. You can send pix to email@example.com.
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – GAOTH DOBHAIR PICTURE SPECIAL A huge crowd gathered in Gaoth Dobhair GAA club to welcome the Sam Maguire to the heart of the gaeltacht. The McGee brothers stopped off to see mum in Dore, before the players took Sam to the SeaView for dinner! Then it was off to the club for a very noisy reception. Were you in […]
- DONAL’S ROMANTIC LOUGH SWILLY SNAP GETS THE 3e THUMBS UP TAKE a bow Donal Kearney. Your incredible picture of Lough Swilly in the fine spring sunshine was the feature pic on the 3e forecast this evening. And it was so good forecaster Deric Ó h'Artagáin made sure it was seen by his viewers. So here's a pic of Deric with your pic Donal!
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – BALLYBOFEY PICTURE SPECIAL They may have been a little late (what's four hours when you've won Sam Maguire!) but that didn't stop the people of the Twin Towns from turning out in force for the Donegal team. Huge crowds gathered in the wind and the rain for Jim McGuinness and the boys in the shadow of […]
- IN PICTURES: TIR CHONAILL HARPS WIN SCOTTISH CHAMPIONSHIP DONEGAL have conquered another nation - after being crowned All-Scotland Champions. The Tir Chonaill Harps, based in Glasgow, lifted the title for the first time in 12 years with victory over Dunedin Connollys. You can read the report […]
- CELEBRATING SAM’S RETURN AT PRAMERICA STAFF at Pramerica will be hitting the town in Letterkenny tonight to celebrate the return of Sam Maguire. Ahead of the visit here's some snaps showing them getting into the spirit of Donegal's 2012 All-Ireland heroes.
- COUNTDOWN TO CROKER – FAN PHOTO OF THE DAY From today until Michael Murphy lifts Sam Maguire at Croker (hopefully!), we've decided to feature a daily picture of the madness of Donegal fans. We start with a larger-than-life start with Tony McBride's considerable efforts at his home in Cranford. We don't know how long it […]
- WERE YOU IN THE DIAMOND FOR THE RETURN OF OUR GAA HEROES? – PICTURE SPECIAL
- PRIDE AND SADNESS AS GAA STAR TAKES SAM TO THE GRAVE OF TOMÁS MAGUIRE IT'S a picture which will evoke immense pride in those who knew him, and sadness too. GAA star Paddy McGrath took the Sam Maguire to see another Maguire - the late Tomás Maguire. The 24-year-old Ardara man died in an accident in Western Australia in June. A superb footballer […]
- ALL IRELAND FOOTBALL: JIM FIXED IT FOR DONEGAL THE locks may be going a bit grey around the edges, but this has to be the highlight of Jimmy McGuinness's career as a manager. Following in the footsteps of the great Brian McEniff, 'Our Jimmy' helped Donegal secure its second title in 20 years. All roads now lead […]