Well done to Donegal from the shores of Lake Ontario, Webster NY from the Doherty’s. Thanks Esther Doherty
THANKS to everyone who sent in pictures yesterday from around the world.
The great Donegal diaspora – many abroad through choice but many others because they have to be – got behind Jim McGuinness and the team before Sunday’s All-Ireland Final.
And it’s only right that they now get the chance to say ‘Maith Sibh’.
Aidan Mc Ginley, Annagry celebrating Donegal’s victory in New Delhi, India with a bit of help from a few locals
Gabriel Duffy spotted this Mayo fan after the game. Said Gabriel: "He was very gracious in defeat and said we deserved it. Fair play."
Congrats to Jim and the team from the Shevlins and Charlie Bans in the Beach Hotel Downings
Congratulations to Donegal from Down Under
"Thanks Jim, Rory and the team. You made our year here in Sydney. Proud to be from Donegal"
Up Donegal From Down Under - Congrats to Michael Murphy on Man of the Match
THE AUSSIE LINE-UP FOR JIM - BRING SAM DOWN TO SEE US!
Making sure the next generation are fed on Donegal: Thanks to Deirdre Poole for all the Sydney pix. Donegal Daily loves you Deirdre!
In the mountains of North Carolina, our dog Guinness after the game, totally wrecked....just like us....!!!! Michael and Mary McCallion, and 'Guinness'....
Donegal Stig in Western Australia John Gallagher from Glenties stands on top of his work mate, Ryan Mc Faddan's car in Perth. Dún Na NGall Abu!!
Sharon Bradley managed to get this snap of the Qatar Donegal Supporters Club at Croker!
More from Donegal Daily
- IT’S FLIPPIN’ PANCAKE TIME – WITH CHEF MARTIN ANDERSON!
I know I'm ahead of myself but next Tuesday is a very special day as you all know ......it's pancake Tuesday .
Love them or hate them it's a national tradition to serve pancakes before lent starts.
Folk would sacrifice eggs and sugar over the Lenten period and this was their […]
- MOTORING: ON THE ROAD AGAIN with BRIAN McDAID
Rallying is in Brian McDaid's blood. And in his column this week, he catches up with a certified Donegal Rally legend, James Cullen and finds he's still earning a living behind the wheel!
Cullen for Donegal?
It's 25 years ago this year since Donegal’s greatest rally […]
- HOW YOU CAN SUPPORT DONEGAL – AND YOUR BUSINESS – ON DONEGAL DAILY
AS the excitement builds to the All-Ireland Final, we have been inudated with advertising requests from businesses large and small across Co Donegal.
However Donegal Daily felt it was unfair to profit in any way from this historic occasion and we want to make sure that every cent […]
- EMMET RUSHE: RETURNING TO EXERCISE AFTER GIVING BIRTH BY EMMET RUSHE: Continuing on with last week’s theme of pregnancy and having a new baby, this week we will look at returning to exercise after giving birth.
Many “new mammies” want to know when it is safe to begin training again.
Every woman is different, but here are some […]
- EMMET RUSHE’S FITNESS COLUMN: WHAT IS YOUR WHY? BY EMMET RUSHE: Before we begin, my next session of classes kicks off next Monday the 15th.
There are limited places available and if you would like to book a place, drop me a message through the link below.
Over the last few weeks I have been giving you some hints and tips to help […]
- EMMET RUSHE’S FITNESS COLUMN: INTERMITTENT FASTING BY EMMET RUSHE: We have long been told that breakfast was the most important meal of the day.
Whether your intention was weight loss or muscle gain, not eating breakfast was a complete no, no.
The old adage goes that breakfast ‘kick-starts’ our metabolism and then eating small and […]
- HOMECOMING CELEBRATION FOR SIBLINGS AFTER 12,000KM BIKE RIDE FROM INDIA TO DONEGAL! FRIENDS and relatives of a brother and sister who return to Donegal next week after a 12,000 kilometre six month bike ride from India are planning a massive cycling home-coming parade!
Peter Brennan and his sister Keara left New Delhi on Christmas Day 2010.
They will arrive in […]
- DELIGHT AS DONEGAL GIRL WINS ALL-IRELAND GAA YOUNG REPORTER COMPETITION
Fifteen-year-old Donegal girl Miriam Fitzsimons was been unveiled as the first winner of the Cadbury GWA/GAA Young Reporter of the Year competition.
Letterkenny girl Miriam wrote an excellent article on the importance of self-belief in Gaelic Games.
In her piece, the Donegal […]
- DONEGAL ABROAD: LETTER FROM….WISCONSIN As Donegal’s young people continue to flock to foreign shores, donegaldaily.com reporter Marie Duffy presents the fifth of a series of interviews speaking to those who are creating a new life abroad
Emer Gallagher is 26 and from Gaoth Dobhair and is currently living in Wisconsin, […]
- PADDY WALSH ON WEDNESDAY: MUNSTER MONSTERS, THE BONAGEE BLASTER AND 2 ALL-IRELAND FINALS FOR THE GIRLS
BY PADDY WALSH:
NOW THAT’S WHAT YOU CALL A PROVINCIAL FINAL…
Advance notice to the footballers – and probably more significant the management teams – of Donegal and Monaghan. How about an Ulster Final equal to the thrills and skills of the Munster equivalent?
What a match […]
- PICTURE SPECIAL: FESTIVAL OF GIRLS FOOTBALL AT ALL-COUNTY U-12 BLITZ
Pix: Gabrielle Gallagher, St Mary's Convoy
Words By Donal O Searcaigh: Development Officer with Donegal Ladies GFA: A Festival of Football was what was on show this morning at St Mary's GAA club in Convoy, brilliant hosts of the All-County U12 blitz.
From 9.30am buses, cars and […]
- HERE’S ONE FOR YOUR ‘DIARY’ – GABRIELLE SIGNS OFF! She has popped a thousand champagne corks, launched many glittering careers and raised thousands for charity in the process.
And today Donegal’s only social diarist hangs up her notebook.
Gabrielle McMonagle made countless friends with her famous Gabrielle’s Diary in the Donegal […]
- PICTURE SPECIAL: DONEGAL IN THE AUTUMN SUN!
AFTER weeks of rain and cloud, Donegal has been basking in some glorious autumn sunshine.
Our pictures feature horses in the townland of Upper Coole, near Cranford; the beauty of the forest around Gartan Lake; Downings Bay and the cannon from the Lucitania at the pier; and the […]
- BIG GAME COUNTDOWN: SEND YOUR MESSAGES OF SUPPORT TO THE DONEGAL TEAM AS the clock ticks towards this afternoon's All-Ireland semi-final clash with Dublin, we want to show Jim McGuinness and his Donegal braves that we're all right behind him.
So we want our tens of thousands of readers both here in Co Donegal and around the world in 91 other countries […]
- THIS COULD BE YOUR LAST CHANCE TO WIN TICKETS TO THE ALL-IRELAND FINAL There's less than 24 hours left in the Players Fnd competition to win two tickets to the All-Ireland Final.
By simply donating €5 or more to the Donegal team and gaelic games in the county, you can be in the draw to win two golden tickets to Croke Park on September 23.
- COUNTDOWN TO CROKER – YOUR PICTURES OF THE DAY!
THANKS once again to all those who have sent in pictures to Donegal Daily this week.
It never ceases to amaze us where you get to - and what you get up to.
Four days to go - nervous or what?
Enjoy the latest line-up.
We start with four Donegal ladies in Sydney […]
- DOUBLE DELIGHT AS JIM AND YVONNE McGUINNESS HAVE TWIN GIRLS He may not have captured back-to-back All-Irelands but Jim McGuinness is celebrating on the double.
The Donegal GAA boss was relieved after wife Yvonne gave birth to two bouncing baby girls.
The girls arrived at Letterkenny General Hospital on Friday evening.
Both new-born […]
- DONEGAL LEGEND MCHUGH REVEALS HEARTACHE BEHIND EMOTIONAL SCENES WITH SON MARK Donegal GAA legend Martin McHugh has revealed the heartache behind ‘that’ emotional moment with son Mark after the final whistle of Sunday’s All-Ireland final.
Pictures of the Kilcar father and son hugging and crying with eachother have gone around the globe.
Now Martin has […]
- JIM’S PROMISE TO DONEGAL CHILDREN: ‘WE’LL TAKE SAM INTO EVERY SCHOOL IN THE COUNTY’
DONEGAL manager Jim McGuinness promised fans tonight that every child in the county will get a chance to see the Sam Maguire over the next few weeks.
And the whole nation will see it on TV tomorrow night as Jim and the team are the special guests of the Late Late Show.
- PAT SPILLANE AND JOE BROLLY AMONG GAA LEGENDS SET FOR BALLYBOFEY CHARITY MATCH
SOME of the country's greatest living GAA stars have been confirmed in the line-up for a charity football match at MacCumhaill Park to raise funds for the Friends of Letterkenny Hospital.
TV pundits and football legends Joe Brolly and Pat Spillane will be among those […]