THE DONEGAL team may not reach Letterkenny until after midnight, such has been the response in towns and villages across Co Donegal today.
They were originally due to arrive in Letterkenny around 8pm, but have been delayed as thousands have turned out in other towns and villages today.
Jim McGuinness and the players have gone out of their way to accommodate as many fans as possible, hence the delay in the journey.
Ryan Bradley tweeted: “What a feeling touring the county with the Cup. Some buzz about.”
It’s understood the team may go to Glenswilly, after they leave Ballybofey, before going to Letterkenny.
But the entourage hasn’t, as yet, reached Ardara (9pm).
Fans can leave updates on this story here please to help families and fans further up the route to take decisions on whether to wait on or go home and plan for another day.
Thanks a lot.
More from Donegal Daily
- FUNERAL DETAILS: DAVID TO BE LAID TO REST BESIDE HIS MUM DAVID Colhoun will be laid to rest beside his beloved mother this Sunday, his family announced today. The remains of the 22-year-old were found on Tuesday and Wednesday on the River Foyle, two miles downstream from his home town of Lifford. Yesterday we reported how the remains […]
- CHLOICH CHEANN FHAOLA WIN RESERVE FINAL The victorious Chloich Cheann Fhaola team who won the Reserve Final today beating Four Masters 1-10 to 1-05. Captain Kevin Scanlon lifted the Seamus Gallagher Cup in front of adoring fans in a superg game.
- HARPS HOPING TO SNATCH POINTS FROM LONGFORD At the start of the season, Saturday night’s game would have been one that Finn Harps would have been pinpointing as one where three points could be obtained. Both Harps and Longford go into the game sitting on four points each and Ollie Horgan will be hoping his side can add to […]
- BURTONPORT FISHERMEN CALL MEETING TO DISCUSS THE FUTURE A meeting has been called by Burtonport fisherman to discuss the challenges facing this sector at present and how they can improve the situation moving forward. The meeting is open to anyone past or present that has been involved in fishing or for those who wish to get involved in […]
- SHOCK AS DEAD CALF HAS TAGS REMOVED AND DUMPED AT ROADSIDE People have been left shocked after a calf had its identity tags removed and was dumped at a roadside on the outskirts of Letterkenny. The black and white Friesian calf was dumped at Kirkstown close to the Glencar Road around 5pm yesterday evening. A person out walking made the […]
- TRAFFIC CHAOS AFTER LETTERKENNY TOWN CRASH THERE is heavy traffic in Letterkenny this evening after a road traffic collision. The emergency services are at the scene of the incident on De Valera Road in the town. As a result several other routes are now blocked. Gardai have appealed for motorists to be […]
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – PROUD MOMENT FOR DECLAN IN MALIN DECLAN Walsh was the proudest man in Ireland tonight at the country's most northerly GAA club as he carried the Sam Maguire into Malin. A huge crowd of enthusiastic supporters turned out to see the cup arrive in the town. The players may have looked a bit tired - but their […]
- YOUNG COUPLE HOSPITALISED AFTER BEING ATTACKED WITH WHEEL-BRACE AT THEIR HOME BREAKING NEWS: Gardai are investigating an attack on a young couple at their home last night. The couple, who are in their 30s, were set upon in their house and attacked with a wheel-brace. The attack happened around 8pm in the Porthall area of Lifford. It is believed there was […]
- HOTTEST TICKETS IN TOWN – ULSTER FINAL TICKETS ON SALE NOW Tickets for Donegal's Ulster SFC final against Monaghan are on sale now at Tickets.ie and Super Valu. The game is an all-ticket affair so get those tickets quickly before they are all snapped up by thousands of Donegal fans who will be heading to Clones hoping to see Michael Murphy […]
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – RYAN SHEDS A TEAR AT MASSIVE BUNCRANA HOMECOMING HE'S Buncrana's favourite son - and when Ryan Bradley returned to his home town last night more than 10,000 people turned up to welcome him. The party atmosphere in Inishowen's largest town was electric. No wonder Ryan shed a tear. Click Play on this Wallace Media […]
- ASTRONAUT BUZZ FINDS HIS NORTHERN LIGHTS OFF DONEGAL! He went in search of the Northern Lights and he found them. Gerard O'Kane of Donegal Photo Tours sent us this stunning shot of the lights off Inishowen last night. We're not sure if the picture was photobombed by Buzz or if it was a plant. Either way - it gave us a good St […]
- UPDATED DAY TWO: DONEGAL TEAM ON TOUR LATEST 22:51 UPDATED: The victorious Donegal team is en route to Dungloe and is expected there around about 11.20pm, though this may be a bit later. Earlier the team stopped at the McGee family home in Dore where a massive crowd were there to greet them. They also had a meal at the […]
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – FANAD PICTURES THE people of Fanad came out in their hundreds to make sure the Donegal team were given a warm welcome. Here are some of your pictures. Do you have more? Share them with Donegal fans at home and abroad. You can send yours to email@example.com
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – WHEN RORY TOOK SAM TO SEE GRANNY BEHIND every great player lies a great family. Wives, girlfriends, mums, dads, children, brothers and sisters. And behind all of them are the grandparents who are so proud. So Granny Kavanagh was a very happy woman when grandson Rory brought Sam Maguire and Donegal captain […]
- JOB VACANCIES: SHANDON HOTEL AND SPA HAS RANGE OF POSTS TO FILL The opening of the new-look Shandon Hotel and Spa in Portnablagh has created a huge buzz around the coastal town and much further afield. The hotel has been completely booked out for the first ten days of its opening and it has also welcomed thousands of non-residential visitors […]
- DONEGAL TOWNS AND VILLAGES FAIL TO MAKE IRELAND’S LIST OF TOP TOURISM SPOTS There was disappointment for Donegal tourism bodies when Minister of State for Tourism and Sport, Michael Ring TD announced a shortlist of 15 towns and villages from across the country being considered for the 2015 Tourism Towns Awards. The competition, now in its fourth year, is […]
- WHY LIVING IN ARDARA CAN BE GOOD FOR YOUR HEALTH! If you live in Ardara then you can consider yourself very lucky today. The Donegal town is amongst the short-list of 25 places in Ireland named by The Irish Times as ‘The Best Place To Live.” Although most of us consider Ardara a town, it has been entered in the village […]
- CHILDREN TO LEAD MAGGIE TO HER FINAL RESTING PLACE A guard of honour from Glenswilly National School will leave Letterkenny woman Maggie Doherty (nee Dorrian) to her final resting place today. The loving mother of five, who was just 34, passed away at Letterkenny General Hospital on Saturday morning after a brave battle with […]
- THREE DONEGAL TOWNS IN LINE FOR TOURISM AWARD BUT SOME SURPRISE OMISSIONS Three Donegal towns have been chosen by Fáilte Ireland as part of a list of 45 towns and villages from across the country that are being considered for the 2013 Tourism Towns Award. However, there will be some raised eyebrows across the county with many well-known 'tourist' towns […]
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL FINALLY ARRIVES IN LETTERKENNY UPDATED: YOU have to salute Jim McGuinness and his players again. They're determined to make sure each and every fan on every road and byway of this county gets to see the Sam Maguire and savour this wonderful success. So it was no surprise that Day One of the World Tour of Donegal […]