THE DONEGAL team may not reach Letterkenny until after midnight, such has been the response in towns and villages across Co Donegal today.
They were originally due to arrive in Letterkenny around 8pm, but have been delayed as thousands have turned out in other towns and villages today.
Jim McGuinness and the players have gone out of their way to accommodate as many fans as possible, hence the delay in the journey.
Ryan Bradley tweeted: “What a feeling touring the county with the Cup. Some buzz about.”
It’s understood the team may go to Glenswilly, after they leave Ballybofey, before going to Letterkenny.
But the entourage hasn’t, as yet, reached Ardara (9pm).
Fans can leave updates on this story here please to help families and fans further up the route to take decisions on whether to wait on or go home and plan for another day.
Thanks a lot.
More from Donegal Daily
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – PROUD MOMENT FOR DECLAN IN MALIN DECLAN Walsh was the proudest man in Ireland tonight at the country's most northerly GAA club as he carried the Sam Maguire into Malin. A huge crowd of enthusiastic supporters turned out to see the cup arrive in the town. The players may have looked a bit tired - but their […]
- HOTTEST TICKETS IN TOWN – ULSTER FINAL TICKETS ON SALE NOW Tickets for Donegal's Ulster SFC final against Monaghan are on sale now at Tickets.ie and Super Valu. The game is an all-ticket affair so get those tickets quickly before they are all snapped up by thousands of Donegal fans who will be heading to Clones hoping to see Michael Murphy […]
- TRAFFIC CHAOS AFTER LETTERKENNY TOWN CRASH THERE is heavy traffic in Letterkenny this evening after a road traffic collision. The emergency services are at the scene of the incident on De Valera Road in the town. As a result several other routes are now blocked. Gardai have appealed for motorists to be […]
- ASTRONAUT BUZZ FINDS HIS NORTHERN LIGHTS OFF DONEGAL! He went in search of the Northern Lights and he found them. Gerard O'Kane of Donegal Photo Tours sent us this stunning shot of the lights off Inishowen last night. We're not sure if the picture was photobombed by Buzz or if it was a plant. Either way - it gave us a good St […]
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – FANAD PICTURES THE people of Fanad came out in their hundreds to make sure the Donegal team were given a warm welcome. Here are some of your pictures. Do you have more? Share them with Donegal fans at home and abroad. You can send yours to firstname.lastname@example.org
- UPDATED DAY TWO: DONEGAL TEAM ON TOUR LATEST 22:51 UPDATED: The victorious Donegal team is en route to Dungloe and is expected there around about 11.20pm, though this may be a bit later. Earlier the team stopped at the McGee family home in Dore where a massive crowd were there to greet them. They also had a meal at the […]
- GOLF RESULTS: NORTH WEST ALLIANCE TAKE TO COURSE IN A STORM! North Western Golfing Alliance Played at Narin and Portnoo Golf Club Saturday 2nd November 2013 Par 73 S.S.S.73 Nett Ist Clive Davison (11) Portsalon G.C. 36 pts b.o.t. 2nd Eddie McHugh (15) Strabane G.C. 36 pts 3rd Stephen McKeegan (4) City of Derry G.C. 35 pts 4th […]
- WHY LIVING IN ARDARA CAN BE GOOD FOR YOUR HEALTH! If you live in Ardara then you can consider yourself very lucky today. The Donegal town is amongst the short-list of 25 places in Ireland named by The Irish Times as ‘The Best Place To Live.” Although most of us consider Ardara a town, it has been entered in the village […]
- CHILDREN TO LEAD MAGGIE TO HER FINAL RESTING PLACE A guard of honour from Glenswilly National School will leave Letterkenny woman Maggie Doherty (nee Dorrian) to her final resting place today. The loving mother of five, who was just 34, passed away at Letterkenny General Hospital on Saturday morning after a brave battle with […]
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL FINALLY ARRIVES IN LETTERKENNY UPDATED: YOU have to salute Jim McGuinness and his players again. They're determined to make sure each and every fan on every road and byway of this county gets to see the Sam Maguire and savour this wonderful success. So it was no surprise that Day One of the World Tour of Donegal […]
- GAA: RYAN’S RETURN AS BUNCRANA BEAT BURT IN DERBY GAME COUNTY STAR RYAN Bradley recovered from the World Tour of Donegal with Sam to come on as a sub as club team Buncrana saw off Burt. The seasiders had five points to spare in the end. And Ryan got a huge reception from fans of both clubs when he replaced Michael Gallagher. Said […]
- SIMPLY STUNNING: VIDEO OF SAM’S VISITS TO GLENTIES AND GLENSWILLY WHAT a week it has been for Donegal. Incredible emotions last Sunday as Jim McGuinness, Rory Gallagher and Michael Murphy led the county to All-Ireland glory at Croke Park. There was an incredible electric atmosphere at Croker; repeated in every townland across the […]
- DONEGAL’S FAMOUS WEATHERMAN PREDICTS SNOW BEFORE CHRISTMAS! Donegal's famous amateur weatherman has predicted the county is set to shiver from a series of cold snaps this winter. Postman Michael Gallagher has said he is “99% sure” the country will suffer heavy falls of snow – before Christmas. Mr Gallagher, who makes his predictions by […]
- HSE OFFERS COUNSELLING FOR FLOOD VICTIMS – BUT NOT IN DONEGAL THE HSE has today announced counselling services for flooding victims in Mayo, Galway and Roscommon - but not to anyone affected in Donegal. A number of people lost all they had in floods in Lifford, Castlefinn, Donegal Town, Bundoran, Kilmacrennan and several other […]
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – WHEN SAM WENT TO MOVILLE WE'RE now totally convinced there's more than one Jim McGuinness. For there's no way any man could have clocked all those miles with a big cup in the same week! Here's some snaps from Moville. With thanks to Leanne Cumming for the pix.
- JIM McGUINNESS ‘GETS HIS FACE ON NEW €20 NOTES’ THIS is the future of the Euro - as seen by one Donegal fan at least. The currency has been taking a battering lately. So who better to rescue the Euro than Donegal manager Jim McGuinness. The special edition €20 note is, of course, a fake - put together by Mountcharles man […]
- COUNTY TOWNS BUZZING WITH LEAVING CERT PARTY REVELLERS FOR those of a more mature age, it's one night of the year to avoid. But tonight hundreds of Leaving Cert students are out partying across the county, most celebrating their results. Others are drowning their sorrows. Letterkenny is "packed" with students enjoying […]
- COUNTDOWN TO CROKER: GET YOUR FAN PIC ON THE BIG SCREEN AT CROKE PARK At this Sunday's GAA Football All-Ireland Championship Semi-Finals between Donegal and Dublin, you can wish DONEGAL good luck in a unique way! The process itself is very simple. All you have to do is send in a picture of you and your family in your county colours, along with your […]
- LETTERKENNY COUNCILLOR WANTS TOURING MOTOR-HOME PARK FOR TOWN A Letterkenny councillor has called on the local town council to build a motor-home park on the outskirts of the town. Councillor Jimmy Kavanagh (FG) said such a facility would attract huge numbers of motor-home tourists to the town. A recent gathering of motor-home enthusiasts at […]
- REVEALED: THE DONEGAL TOWNS AND VILLAGES LOSING GARDAÍ IN CUTS A LIST of towns and villages which will lose gardaí as part of cutbacks has been revealed today. Gardaí in Lifford, Carrigans, Raphoe, Newtowncunningham, Convoy and Castlefin have been told they will have to work in eight-week blocks in Letterkenny. This is because of a lack of […]