The McGee brothers stopped off to see mum in Dore, before the players took Sam to the SeaView for dinner!
Then it was off to the club for a very noisy reception.
Were you in Gaoth Dobhair for Sam?
Send your pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org
More from Donegal Daily
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – DOWNINGS PICTURE SPECIAL THE GAA mad town of Downings turned out in style to welcome the Sam Maguire and the victorious Donegal team home. Richard Conneely was there for Donegal Daily. You can send pix to email@example.com.
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – PROUD MOMENT FOR DECLAN IN MALIN DECLAN Walsh was the proudest man in Ireland tonight at the country's most northerly GAA club as he carried the Sam Maguire into Malin. A huge crowd of enthusiastic supporters turned out to see the cup arrive in the town. The players may have looked a bit tired - but their […]
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – CREESLOUGH PICTURE SPECIAL THE people of Creeslough welcomed home the St Michael's heroes in style.
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – VIDEO OF A PROUD NIGHT IN GLENSWILLY IT WAS a very proud night for members of the Glenswilly GAA club as they welcomed home Sam to the captain's club. Michael Murphy, Neil Gallagher and Gary McFadden were greeted by family and friends. With thanks to Wallace Media for this video. Click to […]
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – VIDEO OF TEAM IN NEWTOWN-SAM-INGHAM THE victorious Donegal team are on their last leg of an enormous journey across the county. At teatime hundreds of people lined the main street of Newtowncunningham - or Newtown-SAM-ingham - to cheer on the heroes of 2012. We don't know where these boys get […]
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – WHEN LEONARD MET SAM IN CARN AFTER A TRIP FROM DOWN UNDER THERE was another huge crowd of enthusiastic fans in Carndonagh when the Sam Maguire came calling with the Donegal team. It was a very special moment for Carn man Leonard Harkin (sure aren't they all Harkins up there!) He had travelled all the way from Melbourne in Australia […]
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – STRAMORE NS, GLENDOWAN PICTURE SPECIAL He may be one of the stars of the Donegal GAA All-Ireland winning team. But to the pupils of Stramore National School in Glendowan, Frank McGlynn is much more than that. He is one of their favourite teachers and has been a huge influence on the children at the school. Here […]
- PICTURE SPECIAL AS THE WORLD TOUR OF SAM MAGUIRE FINALLY MAKES IT TO TORY ISLAND THE sun shone for Sam Maguire as the famous old trophy's World Tour of Donegal made it to Tory Island. It was a special day for the 160 or so inhabitants of the beautiful island off the Donegal coast came out in force to welcome Sam home! Next […]
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – BALLYBOFEY PICTURE SPECIAL They may have been a little late (what's four hours when you've won Sam Maguire!) but that didn't stop the people of the Twin Towns from turning out in force for the Donegal team. Huge crowds gathered in the wind and the rain for Jim McGuinness and the boys in the shadow of […]
- SAM COMES TO LORETO COMMUNITY SCHOOL, MILFORD – PIC SPECIAL The Sam Maguire cup stopped in at Loreto Community School Milford as he continues his non stop tour of schools across the county. Donegal star Martin McElhinney brought Sam to the students and staff at Loreto School.
- LACEY TAKES SAM ON WORLD TOUR OF NEW YORK THE city that never sleeps has welcomed the players that never stop - Sam Maguire is in New York! Pictured are Donegal's Karl Lacey, with the Sam Maguire Cup, and Kilkenny's Henry Shefflin, with the Liam MacCarthy Cup, in Times Square!
- JIM’S PROMISE TO DONEGAL CHILDREN: ‘WE’LL TAKE SAM INTO EVERY SCHOOL IN THE COUNTY’ DONEGAL manager Jim McGuinness promised fans tonight that every child in the county will get a chance to see the Sam Maguire over the next few weeks. And the whole nation will see it on TV tomorrow night as Jim and the team are the special guests of the Late Late Show. The […]
- SAM’S HOME: IT’S ALL GETTING A WEE BIT TOO MUCH FOR THIS PAIR! After celebrating their little hearts out after Donegal's win the Rodgers brothers Alan and Donal from Meenmore in Dungloe have finally had enough. Pic Edward Sweeney
- SAM ON TOUR TODAY – TIMES AND SCHEDULES HERE UPDATED: The team left Carndonagh at 8.25pm. If you are on the route, you can leave updates here on Donegal Daily or on our Facebook page or by sending us a Tweet. Still to stop off at Malin, drive through Urris, stop-off in Buncrana Glenswilly TBC
- IRELAND’S NEW GOLF SENSATION HAS A DONEGAL CADDY! GOLF: Ireland's newest golf sensation Paul Dunne has already made an impact on the European tour since turning pro - and he is being guided by a Donegal man! Dunne hit the headline again last week, when he led the Alfred Dunhill Links after two rounds which also seen him hit a […]
- SAM MAGUIRE’S WORLD TOUR SET FOR GLASGOW THIS WEEKEND UNHAPPY with Celtic's elimination from the Champions League? Well Donegal are sending the Sam Maguire to Glasgow this weekend to cheer everyone up! The city's Tir Chonaill Harps GAA club are having a fun day this Sunday at John Paul II primary school.
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – WHEN MICHAEL, NEIL AND GARY ARRIVED IN THE GLEN THEY may have been 48 hours later than planned. But the people of Glenswilly GAA club came out in their droves when the Sam Maguire cup finally arrived late last night. Team captain Michael Murphy joined Neil Gallagher and Gary McFadden in returning to their home club. And […]
- FROM FANAD TO MELBOURNE TO MEET SAM MAGUIRE Liam Og Chodziesner (McConigley) spent the first 3 months of his life in Fanad, Donegal and came back down under to Melbourne to meet Sam Maguire at Gaelic Park on Sunday 23rd June. He is pictured with his mum Martina McConigley.
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL ARRIVES AT ITS FIRST WEDDING IN 20 YEARS! YOU may have thought the Sam Maguire Cup's World Tour of Donegal was over - but the tour continued this evening when the famous trophy made a guest appearance at its first wedding since last week's All-Ireland triumph. And happy couple Eoghan McMonagle and Edelle McHugh were […]
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL FINALLY ARRIVES IN LETTERKENNY UPDATED: YOU have to salute Jim McGuinness and his players again. They're determined to make sure each and every fan on every road and byway of this county gets to see the Sam Maguire and savour this wonderful success. So it was no surprise that Day One of the World Tour of Donegal […]