IT WAS a very proud night for members of the Glenswilly GAA club as they welcomed home Sam to the captain’s club.
Michael Murphy, Neil Gallagher and Gary McFadden were greeted by family and friends.
With thanks to Wallace Media for this video.
Click to play
More from Donegal Daily
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – RYAN SHEDS A TEAR AT MASSIVE BUNCRANA HOMECOMING HE'S Buncrana's favourite son - and when Ryan Bradley returned to his home town last night more than 10,000 people turned up to welcome him. The party atmosphere in Inishowen's largest town was electric. No wonder Ryan shed a tear. Click Play on this Wallace Media […]
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – WHEN RORY TOOK SAM TO SEE GRANNY BEHIND every great player lies a great family. Wives, girlfriends, mums, dads, children, brothers and sisters. And behind all of them are the grandparents who are so proud. So Granny Kavanagh was a very happy woman when grandson Rory brought Sam Maguire and Donegal captain […]
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – VIDEO OF TEAM IN NEWTOWN-SAM-INGHAM THE victorious Donegal team are on their last leg of an enormous journey across the county. At teatime hundreds of people lined the main street of Newtowncunningham - or Newtown-SAM-ingham - to cheer on the heroes of 2012. We don't know where these boys get […]
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – DUNFANAGHY PICTURE SPECIAL A HUGE crowd of Donegal fans greeted the Heroes of 2012 when they arrived in Dunfanaghy on Wednesday evening. Local hero Colm McFadden helped carry the Sam Maguire down the main street. And like everywhere else on this remarkable journey across the county - a journey the […]
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – CREESLOUGH PICTURE SPECIAL THE people of Creeslough welcomed home the St Michael's heroes in style.
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – SEND US YOUR PICTURES SHARE your memories from Donegal's historic tour of the county by sending your pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll put them on Ireland's No1 local news website - so Donegal people at home and abroad can see them! Anyone out of bed in Glenties yet? Get ready for Sam's World […]
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – PROUD MOMENT FOR DECLAN IN MALIN DECLAN Walsh was the proudest man in Ireland tonight at the country's most northerly GAA club as he carried the Sam Maguire into Malin. A huge crowd of enthusiastic supporters turned out to see the cup arrive in the town. The players may have looked a bit tired - but their […]
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – GAOTH DOBHAIR PICTURE SPECIAL A huge crowd gathered in Gaoth Dobhair GAA club to welcome the Sam Maguire to the heart of the gaeltacht. The McGee brothers stopped off to see mum in Dore, before the players took Sam to the SeaView for dinner! Then it was off to the club for a very noisy reception. Were you in […]
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – DOWNINGS PICTURE SPECIAL THE GAA mad town of Downings turned out in style to welcome the Sam Maguire and the victorious Donegal team home. Richard Conneely was there for Donegal Daily. You can send pix to email@example.com.
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – WHEN SAM WENT TO MOVILLE WE'RE now totally convinced there's more than one Jim McGuinness. For there's no way any man could have clocked all those miles with a big cup in the same week! Here's some snaps from Moville. With thanks to Leanne Cumming for the pix.
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – WHEN LEONARD MET SAM IN CARN AFTER A TRIP FROM DOWN UNDER THERE was another huge crowd of enthusiastic fans in Carndonagh when the Sam Maguire came calling with the Donegal team. It was a very special moment for Carn man Leonard Harkin (sure aren't they all Harkins up there!) He had travelled all the way from Melbourne in Australia […]
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – WHEN MICHAEL, NEIL AND GARY ARRIVED IN THE GLEN THEY may have been 48 hours later than planned. But the people of Glenswilly GAA club came out in their droves when the Sam Maguire cup finally arrived late last night. Team captain Michael Murphy joined Neil Gallagher and Gary McFadden in returning to their home club. And […]
- IT’S MURPHY’S DAY AS TEAM TO FINISH WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL IN GLENSWILLY TONIGHT! It may be Arthur’s Day throughout Ireland today but it’s very much Murphy’s Day in Co Donegal. We can reveal that the Donegal GAA team will finish their ‘world tour of Donegal’ with a rousing celebration at captain Michael Murphy’s club in Glenswilly this evening. A huge crowd is […]
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL ARRIVES AT ITS FIRST WEDDING IN 20 YEARS! YOU may have thought the Sam Maguire Cup's World Tour of Donegal was over - but the tour continued this evening when the famous trophy made a guest appearance at its first wedding since last week's All-Ireland triumph. And happy couple Eoghan McMonagle and Edelle McHugh were […]
- SIMPLY STUNNING: VIDEO OF SAM’S VISITS TO GLENTIES AND GLENSWILLY WHAT a week it has been for Donegal. Incredible emotions last Sunday as Jim McGuinness, Rory Gallagher and Michael Murphy led the county to All-Ireland glory at Croke Park. There was an incredible electric atmosphere at Croker; repeated in every townland across the […]
- GAA NEWS: GLENSWILLY GAA CLUB NOTES The Ulster semi final of Scór na nÓg took place last Friday night in Glenswilly. Unfortunately the Nuachleas team were narrowly defeated by St Enda's from Omagh. Many thanks to everyone who helped in any way in the running of this event. The club would like to wish all the Donegal […]
- GAA NEWS: GLENSWILLY CLUB NOTES A very special Under Age presentation took place in the club hall on Thursday 20th December. Special guests were Michael Murphy, Neil Gallagher, Gary McFadden and Sam Maguire. Many thanks to the three lads for giving up the entire day to make special visits to the local […]
- GAA NEWS: GLENSWILLY CLUB NOTES The Under Age presentation will take place in the club hall on Thursday 20th December at 7pm. Special guests will include Michael Murphy, Neil Gallagher, Gary McFadden and Sam Maguire. Circuits have finished up for the Christmas season and will begin again on Monday 7th January at 7pm […]
- GAA NEWS: GLENSWILLY CLUB NOTES Following the celebrations after our fantastic All Ireland win in Croke Park it was back to the reality of Club Championship here in Donegal at the weekend. The Senior and Reserve teams travelled to Gaoth Dobhair where the reserves were well beaten and the Seniors came away with a hard […]
- GAA NEWS: CLOUGHANEELY DO THE DOUBLE OVER MAC CUMHAILLS ***Div 2 League*** Cloughaneely played MacCumhaills at home on Easter Monday with both teams recording wins. Reserves: The reserves led significantly for the majority of the game, with the scoreline at 1-10 |0-2 with 10 mins of the game remaining. MacCumhaills made a dramatic […]