IT WAS a very proud night for members of the Glenswilly GAA club as they welcomed home Sam to the captain’s club.
Michael Murphy, Neil Gallagher and Gary McFadden were greeted by family and friends.
With thanks to Wallace Media for this video.
Click to play
More from Donegal Daily
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – VIDEO OF TEAM IN NEWTOWN-SAM-INGHAM THE victorious Donegal team are on their last leg of an enormous journey across the county. At teatime hundreds of people lined the main street of Newtowncunningham - or Newtown-SAM-ingham - to cheer on the heroes of 2012. We don't know where these boys get […]
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – PROUD MOMENT FOR DECLAN IN MALIN DECLAN Walsh was the proudest man in Ireland tonight at the country's most northerly GAA club as he carried the Sam Maguire into Malin. A huge crowd of enthusiastic supporters turned out to see the cup arrive in the town. The players may have looked a bit tired - but their […]
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – DOWNINGS PICTURE SPECIAL THE GAA mad town of Downings turned out in style to welcome the Sam Maguire and the victorious Donegal team home. Richard Conneely was there for Donegal Daily. You can send pix to email@example.com.
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – WHEN LEONARD MET SAM IN CARN AFTER A TRIP FROM DOWN UNDER THERE was another huge crowd of enthusiastic fans in Carndonagh when the Sam Maguire came calling with the Donegal team. It was a very special moment for Carn man Leonard Harkin (sure aren't they all Harkins up there!) He had travelled all the way from Melbourne in Australia […]
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – WHEN MICHAEL, NEIL AND GARY ARRIVED IN THE GLEN THEY may have been 48 hours later than planned. But the people of Glenswilly GAA club came out in their droves when the Sam Maguire cup finally arrived late last night. Team captain Michael Murphy joined Neil Gallagher and Gary McFadden in returning to their home club. And […]
- IT’S MURPHY’S DAY AS TEAM TO FINISH WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL IN GLENSWILLY TONIGHT! It may be Arthur’s Day throughout Ireland today but it’s very much Murphy’s Day in Co Donegal. We can reveal that the Donegal GAA team will finish their ‘world tour of Donegal’ with a rousing celebration at captain Michael Murphy’s club in Glenswilly this evening. A huge crowd is […]
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL ARRIVES AT ITS FIRST WEDDING IN 20 YEARS! YOU may have thought the Sam Maguire Cup's World Tour of Donegal was over - but the tour continued this evening when the famous trophy made a guest appearance at its first wedding since last week's All-Ireland triumph. And happy couple Eoghan McMonagle and Edelle McHugh were […]
- BREAKING NEWS: CAPTAIN MURPHY & CO ARE HOME IN THE GLEN WITH SAM MICHAEL Murphy, captain of the All-Ireland champions, is finally home in Glenswilly. The Donegal team are on their last leg of the World Tour of Donegal.
- JIM’S PROMISE TO DONEGAL CHILDREN: ‘WE’LL TAKE SAM INTO EVERY SCHOOL IN THE COUNTY’ DONEGAL manager Jim McGuinness promised fans tonight that every child in the county will get a chance to see the Sam Maguire over the next few weeks. And the whole nation will see it on TV tomorrow night as Jim and the team are the special guests of the Late Late Show. The […]
- IRELAND’S NEW GOLF SENSATION HAS A DONEGAL CADDY! GOLF: Ireland's newest golf sensation Paul Dunne has already made an impact on the European tour since turning pro - and he is being guided by a Donegal man! Dunne hit the headline again last week, when he led the Alfred Dunhill Links after two rounds which also seen him hit a […]
- DDTV: MICHAEL MURPHY HAS THE X FACTOR AS HE SINGS FOR PETTIGO CROWDS THE people of Pettigo always come out for a Donegal homecoming. But last night was that wee bit more special as the triumphant Donegal team returned to the village with the Sam Maguire. There's a decent video here of some of the event - including a rendition of […]
- DONEGAL DUO SAY DUBS WILL COME BEFORE SELLING JERSEYS! Donegal stars Michael Murphy and Neil Gallagher have confirmed they are to open a sports shop in Letterkenny this Friday. It comes just a couple of weeks before the two men from Glenswilly take on Dublin in the All-Ireland semi-final at Croke Park. But the pair say that while their […]
- DDTV: DONEGAL GAA STARS BACK ‘EQUAL RIGHTS FOR ALL’ CAMPAIGN DONEGAL manager Rory Gallagher and his captain Michael Murphy feature with team mates in a new social media campaign aimed at supporting equal rights for disabled people. The video is the brainchild of the Donegal Centre for Independent Living. Click play to watch
- DONEGAL TEAM TAKE TO THE SKIES FOR CORK GAME – PICTURE EXCLUSIVE The Donegal GAA team left the county in style this morning as they took a specially-chartered plane to Cork for the National League game against the Rebels tonight. The team were given a great send-off by fans and staff at Donegal Airport at Carrickfin. The team looked casual […]
- GLENSWILLY READY TO MAKE A BIG IMPACT IN ULSTER CLUB CHAMPIONSHIP Glenswilly manager Gary McDaid feels his side are better positioned now than they were in 2011 to make an impact on this years Ulster Club Championship. Glenswilly face a tough test when they take on Antrim kingpins St. Gall's in Ballybofey this Sunday. St. Gall's have dominated […]
- SAM’S HOME: VIDEO OF JIM AND DANIEL SINGING ‘DESTINATION DONEGAL’ THIS Jimmy McGuinness boy's talents know no bounds! We all know Michael Murphy can sing - and sing well. And his rendition of Jimmy's Winning Matches in Pettigo was X Factor stuff. But here's Jimmy Singing Songs - with Daniel O'Donnell. Click to play
- CATHAL MacSUIBNE’S DONEGAL GAA BLOG: TIME TO BACK JIM AND THE BOYS The three-in-a-row dream died against a Farney onslaught yesterday but Donegal are still alive in this year’s quest for Sam - going by their display in the provincial showpiece though things need to improve quickly. It's six short days until the back door is bolted shut for another […]
- PICTURE SPECIAL AS THE WORLD TOUR OF SAM MAGUIRE FINALLY MAKES IT TO TORY ISLAND THE sun shone for Sam Maguire as the famous old trophy's World Tour of Donegal made it to Tory Island. It was a special day for the 160 or so inhabitants of the beautiful island off the Donegal coast came out in force to welcome Sam home! Next […]
- SAM’S WORLD TOUR OF DONEGAL – STRAMORE NS, GLENDOWAN PICTURE SPECIAL He may be one of the stars of the Donegal GAA All-Ireland winning team. But to the pupils of Stramore National School in Glendowan, Frank McGlynn is much more than that. He is one of their favourite teachers and has been a huge influence on the children at the school. Here […]
- DELIGHT FOR FOUR MASTERS U12 STAR LEE MURCHAN AS HE REPRESENTS CLUB AT CROKE PARK Four Masters GAA News: Club Lotto Result The draw for the latest club lotto took place on Monday night in the Abbey Hotel. There was no jackpot winner of the €2,000 jackpot with the number drawn: 4, 17, 20 and 23. Four consolation prize winners of €25 drawn were Lorcan McGinley […]