Lacey was the victim of the disgusting incident as he left the pitch via the tunnel at the ground. He wasn’t playing in the Division One clash with Tyrone.
Tyrone management has apologised to Karl and have said they will ban the fan – believed to be a pensioner – once he is identified.
“If the Tyrone County Board apologised, that’s the correct thing to do,” said O’Neill.
“I have always said that any behaviour that makes anyone feel less good about themselves or about being involved in Gaelic games is abhorrent to me.
“I wouldn’t condone that type of behaviour and to spit at anyone is disgraceful behaviour.
“I really cannot understand the behaviour of anybody who insults or demeans anyone. It has no part in Gaelic games.
“My message to those people is ‘we don’t need you’. I don’t want them in our organisation and I don’t want them going to our games. I would appeal to them to go and leave our games to people who want to come and enjoy themselves.”
More from Donegal Daily
- DELIGHT FOR FOUR MASTERS U12 STAR LEE MURCHAN AS HE REPRESENTS CLUB AT CROKE PARK Four Masters GAA News: Club Lotto Result The draw for the latest club lotto took place on Monday night in the Abbey Hotel. There was no jackpot winner of the €2,000 jackpot with the number drawn: 4, 17, 20 and 23. Four consolation prize winners of €25 drawn were Lorcan McGinley […]
- DONEGAL AND DUBLIN GAME ALREADY ON VERGE OF BEING A SELL-OUT ADMIT GAA CHIEFS Anybody who hasn’t got a ticket for Donegal’s red-letter day at Croke Park have been advised to get moving after GAA officials admitted the game is already on the verge of being sold-out. Croke Park bosses are increasingly confident that the All-Ireland SFC semi-final between Dublin […]
- DONEGAL BEHIND AT HALF-TIME IN MATCH FOR MICHAELA Donegal are behind against the Ulster select by 1-6 to 0-4 at half-time in the Match for Michaela at Casement park in Belfast. Martin Penrose got the goal for Ulster but he admitted at half-time that he was going for a point but managed the goal. However Penrose expects Donegal […]
- DONEGAL HURLERS MAKE IT TWO ON THE TROT Donegal hurlers put in a solid display of hurling to make it two wins on the trot after accounting for Tyrone at Healy Park this afternoon. Played in freezing conditions, Ray Durack's men chipped away at point after point to eventually win 0-9 to 0-14. The visitors went in ahead at […]
- GAA PRESIDENT LIAM O’NEILL SLAMS DONEGAL FOR THEIR HANDLING OF MC BREARTY CASE GAA President Liam O'Neill has slammed Donegal officials for their handling of the alleged bite incident on Patrick McBrearty by Dublin's Kevin O'Brien. O'Neill criticised Donegal for not following through with the case against Kevin O'Brien. O'Brien was last week cleared of […]
- JIM’S ARMY DESCEND ON CROKER AS SEARCH TO REGAIN SAM HOTS UP The sandwiches are made. The jerseys are ironed and the diesel is in the car. Let the journey begin! More than 20,000 Donegal fans head to Croke Park today for the serious end of the All-Ireland championship. It’s ‘do or die’ for Jim McGuinness’ men as they look to dispose of […]
- PCC FALCARRAGH ULSTER FINAL SCHEDULED FOR HEALY PARK The Ulster Bank Arthurs Cup final between PCC Falcarragh and St. Mark's Warrenpoint has been provisionally fixed for Healy park next Wednesday. Weather permitting the game will take place next Wednesday at Healy Park, Tyrone but may be subject to a change in venue if the […]
- LACEY TAKES SAM ON WORLD TOUR OF NEW YORK THE city that never sleeps has welcomed the players that never stop - Sam Maguire is in New York! Pictured are Donegal's Karl Lacey, with the Sam Maguire Cup, and Kilkenny's Henry Shefflin, with the Liam MacCarthy Cup, in Times Square!
- FANS UNHAPPY AT LARGE NUMBER OF TERRACE TICKETS FOR ALL IRELAND FINAL UP to 40 per cent of tickets sent to some clubs for their members for Sunday's All-Ireland final were terrace tickets for Hill 16 and the Nally Stands, fans say. Whilst non-club members will be wondering what all the fuss is about - when they'd love to have any sort of tickets - […]
- DONEGAL OFFICIALS FACE GRILLING FROM CROKE PARK Donegal chiefs have been summoned to Croke Park to explain their controversial decision to suspend the Donegal SFC until Donegal's involvement in the All-Ireland series is complete. Donegal manager Jim McGuinness had expressed his annoyance at the fact his players were forced to […]
- FOUR MASTERS DUO PAUL DURCAN AND KARL LACEY SHINE YET AGAIN FOR DONEGAL Four Masters GAA Club Notes Donegal GAA Well done to Paul Durcan and Karl Lacey who helped Donegal to an excellent win over Armagh on Sunday. Paul made a number of fantastic saves (see below) and Karl got on the scoreboard with an excellent point. Karl was also one of five […]
- DONEGAL GET NEW ‘BRAZIL’-STYLE JERSEYS FOR 2014 FANS are already comparing the new Donegal GAA jersey…to the soccer maestros of Brazil! But they won't be able to get their hands on the new tops for a few more weeks. Anyone wanting to see them can catch a glimpse when Donegal take on Tyrone in the Dr McKenna Cup at O'Donnell Park […]
- ALLIANZ NATIONAL LEAGUE: OUTSTANDING DONEGAL JUST TOO GOOD FOR TYRONE DONEGAL delivered a simply awesome display in their finest performance of the season to run out utterly convincing and comfortable winners over a toothless Tyrone. Mickey Harte's men had no answer to Donegal and were simply outplayed all over the pitch by a hungry, determined and […]
- DONEGAL TEAM CLEAN UP ON SUNDAY GAME TEAM OF THE YEAR Eight Donegal players have been named on RTE’s Sunday Game Team of the Year. The players are Paul Durcan, Neil Magee, Frank McGlynn, Karl Lacey, Mark McHugh, Neil Gallagher, Colm McFadden and Michael Murphy. Michael Murphy was named as today’s Man of the Match. The Sunday Game’s […]
- COUNTDOWN TO CROKER: WIN TWO FREE TICKETS FOR FINAL WITH DONEGAL DAILY Tickets for the All-Ireland Final will be like gold-dust but Donegal Daily has TWO free tickets to give to one lucky reader. The Donegal GAA team has been lucky to have a loyal sponsor like Donegal Creameries in recent years. And now courtesy of the Donegal teams' main […]
- RORY GALLAGHER CONFIDENT NO DONEGAL PLAYERS WILL RETIRE Rory Gallagher has revealed his confidence that there will be no mass exodus of players from the Donegal squad. Speculation was rife in the immediate aftermath of Donegal's All-Ireland quarter-final defeat to Mayo that many of Donegal's seasoned campaigners were ready to call time on […]
- DONEGAL SFC PREVIEW: FOUR MASTERS V ARDARA Four Masters welcome Ardara to Pairc Tir Conaill this weekend for their eagerly anticipated Donegal SFC clash. In their opening group match of this year's championship, Four Masters welcome a formidable force in the form of Ardara. Ardara reached the semi-final of last season's […]
- ST EUNAN’S COLLEGE CROWNED MacLARNON CUP CHAMPS AFTER DERBY WIN OVER INIS EOGHAIN ST EUNAN'S College lifted the MacLarnon Cup in an historic St Patrick's Day derby final against Coláistí Inis Eoghain in Armagh today. The excellent Niall O'Donnell won a crucial penalty in the dying embers of the game before adding a point himself to see the Letterkenny college […]
- CASSIDY BLASTS MCGUINNESS AS ‘HYPOCRITE’ OVER TEAM HOLIDAY STANCE GAA: Kevin Cassidy has re-opened old wounds with former Donegal manager Jim McGuinness by blasting him as a 'hypocrite' over his stance on the team holiday row with the Donegal County Board. Cassidy claims McGuinness blocked him and his wife on going on the end of season trip in […]
- TYRONE RIP UP SCRIPT AND PUT DONEGAL UNDER PRESSURE – DONEGAL 0-5 TYRONE 0-6 (HT) Tyrone have ripped up the script and put it up to Donegal in this Ulster Championship semi-final at Clones. Mickey Harte’s men are closing down Donegal and went in a point ahead at half time thanks to a late Penrose score. Tyrone are playing Donegal at their own game with a blanket […]