Research Scientists in Veterinary Diagnostics/ Eolaithe Taighde i Diagnóisic Tréidliachta (Job Ref: 17/RSDD)
Career opportunities currently exist with a world class leader in the development of revolutionary medical diagnostics.
Who we are/Cé muid:
Randox Laboratories is a privately owned diagnostic reagent and equipment manufacturing company. For nearly 30 years we have developed innovative diagnostic products and services that deliver significant benefits to patients and healthcare professionals worldwide. Our products are employed in over 30,000 laboratories in 130 countries and support clinical decision-making in a wide variety of fields, including cardiology, neurology, oncology, biochemistry, virology, endocrinology and immunology.
Recent areas of diversification in research and development include food diagnostics and a dedicated Randox Food Diagnostic Division, which is committed to developing and manufacturing premium, reliable screening solutions for the global food market was established in 2010. To date, 145 food assays have been developed using our own pioneering multianalyte Biochip Array Technology (BAT) and as a result we are now one of the world’s leading manufacturers of specialised methods for the quantifiable screening of drug residues in multiple food divisions including meat and seafood, honey, wine, milk and mycotoxins.
A further extension of scope which will complement Randox Food Diagnostics, is our newly established Randox Veterinary Diagnostics Division. Hence we are recruiting for the following positions at our Randox Teoranta facility in Dungloe, County Donegal.
The Role/An Ról:
We require highly motivated and creative individuals to fulfil challenging research and development roles within our newly established Randox Veterinary Diagnostics Division. The successful candidates will employ a range of approaches including design, development, verification and clinical validation to develop novel multiplex assays for the detection of animal pathogens.
The Candidate/An t-iarrthóir:
1. BSc in a relevant biomedical or life science subject.
2. Strong interest and/or previous experience in animal science research.
3. Demonstrable understanding of immunoassay principles.
4. Ability to work independently within the context of a multidisciplinary research team.
5. Possess excellent communication skills (written and oral).
6. Possess excellent organisational skills.
7. Be proficient in the use of Microsoft computer applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
1. PhD in a relevant biomedical or life science subject.
2. Previous experience in working with animal pathogens and veterinary diagnostics.
3. Comprehensive knowledge of protein biochemistry, molecular biology and immunology.
4. Previous experience in molecular diagnostics.
5. Expertise in bioinformatics and using associated programmes.
6. Relevant laboratory experience to include techniques such as immunoassay development, immunoprecipitation, SDS-PAGE, Western blotting, PCR.
7. Evidence of publication in internationally recognised peer reviewed journals.
8. Presentations at national and international conferences.
This is an excellent opportunity to join an innovative international company in a growing industry, who can provide career security and genuine advancement opportunities for those who show potential.
What next/Caidé anois?
To apply for this position, please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to the following address:
Human Resources Department
Randox Laboratories Limited
55 Diamond Road, Crumlin, County Antrim, BT29 4QY
Or alternatively via e-mail to: email@example.com
The closing date for all applications is Friday 14th April 2017.
Please quote the job reference 17/RSDD in all communication.
Start date is negotiable.
Randox Laboratories Limited is an Equal Opportunities Employer