Job Vacancy: A progressive Donegal community-based credit union is seeking a Finance/Member Services officer to join their dedicated, highly-trained financial services team.
Reporting to the Manager, the position is full time but will be subject to a six-month probationary period. Experience in the credit union sector is desirable but not essential.
- Prepare financial / management accounts, budgets and cash flow projections
- Report on financial performance to the Board of Directors
- Attend Board and Committee meetings, as requested by the CEO and Board
- Statistical analysis, statutory returns and regulatory reporting
- Implement financial controls
- Manage the investment portfolio and liaise with investment managers
- Recommend actions on strategic issues, including services to Members
- Undertake cost / benefit analyses for capital investments and new services
- Participate in decision-making, as a key member of the management team
- A suitable accounts qualification (minimum of Certificate for Accounting Technicians)
- Experience in a financial role, desirable but not essential,
- An understanding of the ethos of credit unions and sectoral challenges,
- Computer literacy, with good excel skills and use of accounting software,
- A desire to be part of team, becoming proficient in the full spectre of credit union operations, from member interface at the counter to producing monthly financial reports.
- Salary negotiable based on qualifications and relevant experience
- The advertiser is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Canvassing will disqualify.
To apply: please forward Cover Letter and CV in confidence quoting reference CU-Finance 2017 preferably by email to email@example.com or by post to: The Manager, Lifford Credit Union, Bridge Street, Lifford, Co Donegal.
Applications to be received on or before the 31st March 2017.Tags: