There also appears to be good viewing possibilities on Wednesday and Thursday of this week.
The alert as been put out due to a coronal mass ejection (CME) is heading for Earth and extreme geomagnetic storms are possible when it arrives on Jan. 18th or 19th.
Being realistic we won’t get the sort of display people in Scandanavia will see – but we could see some wonderful displays on the distant horizons. Good luck – and if you do see them and get pix send them here to email@example.com.
INFO ON AURORA BOREALIS (NORTHERN LIGHTS)
– Look North to a Northwest direction.
– Get to high ground make sure there is no town lights blocking your view out in to the distance to the North and Northwest.
– If your up in north Donegal head to from Pollan Beach in Ballyliffin, Inishowen, or Malin head best chances of seen them.
– Make sure of clear sky’s in the area.
– wrap up and stay warm.Tags: